PDA

View Full Version : Peegore's Page - Skarsnik vs High Elves & Dwarfs final battle! 3000pts ( Pics )

Peegore
04-06-2008, 11:55
Just in case you thought I'd either died or started playing World of Warcraft :), I have posted the final battle report in our mini-campaign. Skarsnik's 3000pt horde has been headed-off outside the town of Scorcio by the tattered remains of the High Elves and Dwarfs. But which of the strange deities that have been subtly controlling these forces will win the day...

Oh, and I've tarted the website up a bit more. Was looking a little bland.

Here's the link. It's in the batrep section and there's a link on the front page...

http://peegorespage.awardspace.com/ or mirror site http://peegorespage.byethost31.com/ (http://peegorespage.atwebpages.com/)

Cheers, Peegore

Alathir
04-06-2008, 12:18
Another fantastic report... and I love how all the models on the field are painted, it really ups the experience. I'm looking forward to the rest of this and I'm hoping those fantatics do something hilarious - they are looking mighty dangerous right now.

I'm rooting for the High Elves and the Dwarfs, go team go.

Malorian
04-06-2008, 13:55
A standard pitched battle! Craziness! ; )

Looking at just the lists I'd say NG are in trouble... Go night goblins!!!

Can't wait for the full report.

Boss_Salvage
04-06-2008, 14:19
Loving the report so far, great job on this half. Good pics, solid prose, handy army list display on left makes me a happy chaos marine.

I'm for the night gobs on this one, but somebody please sort out those archers!

- Salvage

Cortomaltese
04-06-2008, 14:26
wow! that's a good news! i go, and later will comment ;)

Draconian77
04-06-2008, 14:52
Finally! ;)

Go Gobbo's, go Gobbo's, go-Gobbo's-go!

Ahem.

(Why do you do that to your poor eagles? I'm reporting you to the RSPCA post-haste!)

Peegore
04-06-2008, 15:13
Ooh, what a bunch of gobbo lovers ( Alathir the exception ) ;) I must admit, i nearly found myself rooting for them too, until I realised I was playing Dwarfs and shouldn't really...

The large archer unit was indeed a liability in the first few turns! Animosity eh...it's such a 'fun' rule :evilgrin:

As for the eagles... I know! Darryl really should treat them with the respect they deserve. Such noble creatures sent to such a grizzly and pulpified end...

One part of the battle to keep an eye on is the double giant/ hero on squig threat. We've not dealt with it very well at all so far...:eyebrows:

ferda
04-06-2008, 15:48
i dont like threads with unfinished reports :/

SevenSins
04-06-2008, 15:53
very nice so far, I've also been wondering about the giant duo and giant squig, what are they doing over there on the flank? Dancing? (the pictures seem to imply something like that....)
:)

Peegore
04-06-2008, 16:02
to Ferda, and any other readers, I apologise for posting a half done report :angel: I did give warning in my initial post though. It's not what I usually do, and I consider myself suitably chastised.

As for the 'dancing giants', well some would call it 'tactical maeouvering'. I at the time I called them a bunch of ruddy cowards :D

Malorian
04-06-2008, 16:08
I don't have any problem with it at all. I like to look at the lists and mission and try to see if I can guess who is going to win.

As long as you don't keep up waiting more than a few days there is absolutely no harm in it.

(Compared to how long we have been waiting for that 'chaos comes to quahog' comic...)

Gimp
04-06-2008, 21:57
i dont like threads with unfinished reports :/

I dont mind its like a TV program with the ending "to be continued"

And hey if you dont like it post your own reports ;)

As for the report man Peegore your reports rock way better than the ones in WD.

Peegore
04-06-2008, 22:46
Cheers Gimp! I did regret posting half a battle, so I have put family life on hold. I've locked myself away with the PC and several litres of black coffee. I am now finishing turn 5 of the report, but it's just turned midnight.

Should all be done and posted by tomorrow, lunchtime at the latest.

Marwynn
04-06-2008, 23:22
Hey this is great stuff, it's good to not post it all in one shot. Leaves us wanting more.

Draconian77
05-06-2008, 00:14
I've locked myself away with the PC and several litres of black coffee.

Draconian77 approves of this strategy.

Black coffee will never let a Dark Elf General down.

Peegore
05-06-2008, 01:34
It's all done. Aside from a re-check tomorrow ( today now I suppose ) the batrep is finished and posted.

It'd just didn't seem right posting half a report. So it's 2.42am, I'm buzzing from caffine, satisfied I am now done, yet my body want's to collapse into bed... strange feeling.

Draconian77, glad you approved of the strategy. And Marwynn...cheers!

now I'm off to.....<Snore....snore....snore..>

Kerill
05-06-2008, 04:01
Great stuff, thanks for getting it done early. I checked is as soon as I could whilse your bandwidth holds out ;)

One question though, why did Skarsnik not move to the side of the unit in the 6th goblin turn (p.74 big rulebook) his attacks might have made a substantial difference to the combat.

Curufew
05-06-2008, 04:04
Superb battle report. Makes me want to play all those armies in your battle report... >_>

Alathir
05-06-2008, 04:25
Great report, glad to see Skarsnik finally beaten off the field!

I'm looking forward to your future reports mate

Peegore
05-06-2008, 07:11
Keril: True, true. Skarsnik should have moved, but consider - it was around 1.15am, Mick had had several largers, and we are all old enough now for our memory to give way every now and then...:)

I think our combat res in that turn was ( 13+2ranks+outnumber+standard+battle standard+flank+Warbanner?)=20. It was possible he could have made a difference to the cr ( all 8 of the Skarsnik & gobbla's attacks killing, and subsequent loss of attacks from dead dwarfs, as the elves had 'strike first' rule ). This potentially could have swung the combat by around 11 Cr ( 8 kills + 3 less attacks from the dwarfs ) making a probable loss by around 9. Still, it would have resulted in the same stubborn Ld check so this is just academic I supppose.

It's just annoying when you forget basic stuff though...more so when it's in a battle report. I can guarantee Mick will be upset when he reads this!!!

Draconian77
05-06-2008, 07:41
What do you mean a draw?!
All that needless bloodshed(Seriously, Great Eagles are going to be an endangered species at the rate you go through them...) for a draw?

Hang on, so, if Evil didn't win and Good didn't win does that mean Neutral won?

Curse you neutral...

Excellant "batrep" as always, can't wait to see what you guys do next.

Kerill
05-06-2008, 09:06
I certainly don't want to upset anyone :( was just curious if there was another reason. Great batrep, when is the next one?

Arguleon-veq
05-06-2008, 14:09
Awesome BatRep, as always. Best BatReps on the Net.

No closing fluff though?

Golden Lion
05-06-2008, 14:14
Fantastic report again Peegore! This one was even tastier than the ones before. Great story, pictures, gaming and attitude. All three armies fully painted as well. A big bucket full of thanks mate, and pass some on to your buddies eh?

Peegore
05-06-2008, 20:52
Keril - upset anyone? Nah...it was a very good point! We've been playing Warhammer so long, we sometimes confuse 7th ed rules with 3rd ed ones...;)

Arguleon-veq - I've added some post-battle fluff to the report! I didn't have time to add it last night.

Golden Lion - Cheers! I'll certainly spread the love around the boys ( Not sure that reads how I intend it to...:eyebrows: )

The next game will be in a weeks time I imagine, so there'll be a report on that to follow.

Boss_Salvage
06-06-2008, 12:26
Finished the report yesterday, NICE work Peegore, great read. Sad to see Skarsnik get run down - by stunties, no less! - and pity he was more interested in staying in the front and posing for pics instead of jumping on the dwarfs / elfs and chowing down :p

But really, loved the report and as always am hungry for more.

- Salvage

ferda
06-06-2008, 13:49
I dont mind its like a TV program with the ending "to be continued"

And hey if you dont like it post your own reports ;)

As for the report man Peegore your reports rock way better than the ones in WD.

actually i have already posted one report. :p

Daxio
07-06-2008, 21:32
Well have just read of my exploits: re-Skarsnik, always seem to be drunk when I post, well done Peegore, can only marvel at the work that goes into each report, know that it takes a lot of effort, but everyone enjoys it!
The site is looking better than ever, haven't enjoyed my games so much in such a long time, thanks to you. Can't wait for next instalment...

Cap'n Facebeard
11-06-2008, 01:04
Another triumph! I mean the batrep, not the poncy draw!

Despite all the bile against O&G on the forums, they always seem to do well in your batreps, Peegore. Does Mick have some sort of secret recipe for success?

Peegore
11-06-2008, 06:57
Mick's recipe for success? It's based on our tactical ineptness...:)

Seriously, it's several factors. He's been playing them for years, and expercience is gold. Also, we play most of our games without nominating what we are taking first, so we tend to bring balanced lists ( we are certainly not power gamers. Been there, done that in 5th ed and realised it's not a fun thing to do for either player ).

Lastly, and I know I'm getting a bit like a stuck record on this, scenarios and objectives make one heck of a difference! They give any army a fighting chance of winning a game, in my experience anyway. This is because to win a scenario, you can send to their deaths 90% of your units without fear of losing VP's. It's all about how you use them tactically. And if this means that the said 90% casualties have enabled a single unit of 20 gobbo archers to capture and control a vital objective by the game end, then the game is won!

To us, this is what a real battle is, not constantly being a vp denial maths bore, ensuring your precious lord is sat in a bunker of troops never getting into combat because he's worth 1/4 of your army vp total. War ( and Warhammer ) should be bloody and objectives are fought for with high losses for small gains. War is not the sum total of the vp value of your army.