PDA

View Full Version : Army Builder program and LoTR?

ranlep
04-06-2008, 16:10
hey there everyone,

First time post in this subforum.

I've been trying to use the Army Builder program to put my LoTR army lists together and was wondering if anyone else uses the program.

I have a couple of question to ask if anyone can help.

thanks
ranlep

Baggers
04-06-2008, 21:15
Is that the Army Builder created by Lone Wolf, is so I can try and help. Though the list I know for fact is A) out of date and B) not going to be updated anytime soon.

So ask away.

lotrchampion
04-06-2008, 22:31
If it is the Lone Wolf Army Builder then have a look at:

www.datafilesrus.com

Scroll down or do a 'Find' (ctrl+F) for '2008' and after flicking through a few you should find the latest LotR update which is fully accurate up to and including the Harad release. It is en excellent program which I use for every system I play, well worth paying for. :)

ranlep
05-06-2008, 13:31
Well, one quick question that I have is.

When putting together a Minas Tirith army, I select a Captain as my "minor hero" leader type.
--Why is it that under the wounds column, there is this symbol [00] instead of a number?

is this normal?

Baggers
05-06-2008, 14:04
I'll check when I get home but you are right, that is not normal.

ranlep
05-06-2008, 20:16
I figured it out guys.

Whenever I got the funny symbol I mentioned earlier..
this one --> [00]
I thought it was a mistake when it's actually a "check mark" system used for when a model has multiple wounds, might, will, etc...
So, in fact, it's SUPPOSED to be there.

Sorry for the stupidity..moving along now.

thanks for the help though

ranlep

lotrchampion
05-06-2008, 21:38
Yep, same with Might, Will and Fate. Print out the roster and you have an easy place to mark them down instead of trying to remember or use counters or scrap paper. I've seen it used at GT, and am really considering using them myself, even though I tend to go for Excel docs for official stuff. Either way, its a very useful system. :)

haldirelrond
16-06-2008, 13:04
hi guys i know this is an old tread but i'm stuck i downloaded http://www.datafilesrus.com/a3/LOTR%20EN%201.61.ab this one 1.61 and when a downloaded it it it says please select a program from the list

Pitalla Crimson
17-06-2008, 20:51
Does army builder support the LOME themed rules?
I am planning on getting army builder so I would like to know.

Yehoshua
17-06-2008, 21:09
Not exactly; it doesn't pay attention to bow limits per contingent, or require you to have a hero for each allied force. However, it's not much trouble to make sure of those things on your own.

Scuzzlebutt
18-06-2008, 02:07
Those things are really hard/possibly impossible to program in, especially army builders not really designed for exactly that, as you cannot make army builder register where the entry is taken from, only the list it is being used in. Had a look at doing it, if its possible, its beyond me. Remember, Army builder is an aid, not the entirety of army construction itself.

Leviro
19-06-2008, 14:02
there is an army builder for LotR on the spanish GW page, it has bow limit, heroe per allie, all the allies etc (but in spanish)

haldirelrond
20-06-2008, 11:19
can you translate it

Leviro
20-06-2008, 13:09
i dont think i can translate it but ill give it a go (its not a downloadable program so i cant actually find it)

Pitalla Crimson
22-06-2008, 06:20
could you give us a link plzzzzzz?
Spanish its my 1st language.:p

Leviro
22-06-2008, 09:18
Ok for those of you that can speak spanish heres the link http://es.games-workshop.com/lotr/legiones.asp