PDA

View Full Version : Which to do?

donuter
04-06-2008, 20:26
with fith comming up and not having played 40k for 5 years which army should i do. i play vampire counts and nurgle deamons but don't intend to play 40k with them. i like (pre heresy) deathguard and imperial fist, and t'au Empire. which should i do and how are they affected by fifth edition. i know how to play as my friend plays 40 k alot. just currious to which.

Torga_DW
04-06-2008, 20:33
Well what i'd suggest is borrow the chaos marine, space marine and tau empire codexes, and write up lists for each army. Then play the lists against your friend, proxying the models. Chances are he'll have models to spare for this purpose, or you can just use paper counters, etc. Then play games against him with the different lists, until you decide which army you like the most. THEN start the process of buying minis, etc etc.

Plebian
04-06-2008, 20:41
I would agree, also read everything you can get your hands on about the background and maybe try painting a small squad of each army. The fluff and look of your army needs to appeal to you as much as the gameplay.

donuter
05-06-2008, 16:07
sounds good. thx guys