PDA

View Full Version : Can Skink Priest join Salamander?

him_15
04-06-2008, 21:47
as topic:)

Malorian
04-06-2008, 21:51
Yes they can. There is no reason why they can't.

him_15
04-06-2008, 22:21
OK, that's good new for me, since I've been looking for somewhere for my priest to hide, and now another question arise, what happen if the enemy shoot at my salamander unit joined by skink priest?

Loopstah
04-06-2008, 22:35
The same as if he joined any other unit.

Malorian
04-06-2008, 22:39
First randomize for salamander or handlers, then radnomize for handlers or priest if there is less then 5 handlers.

EvC
05-06-2008, 02:18
Hmm that's interesting. Would you really allocate/ randomise to the Shaman if there were fewer than 5 handlers, but more than 5 Handlers + Salamanders?

Loopstah
05-06-2008, 09:16
I'd only allocate to the Priest if there were less than 5 handlers + salamanders.

chickenuggets
06-06-2008, 11:53
cant he get the look out sir rule? i never allocate hits between heroes and normal dudes in other squads...

Loopstah
06-06-2008, 11:54
cant he get the look out sir rule? i never allocate hits between heroes and normal dudes in other squads...

As long as there are at least 5 models with him then yes.

Whether or not you count the salamanders in the 5 is different from person to person.

DeathlessDraich
06-06-2008, 14:05
Joining a Salamander unit:

1) The Skink Priest definitely cannot join a unit of Salamanders reduced to 1 Salamander.

2) He might be allowed to join a unit of Salamanders reduced to just several Salamanders - This could be a dice roll but I favour him *not* being able to join.

3) He definitely can join a unit of Salamanders with skink handlers because he is US 1. However if this unit is reduced to just Salamanders, then (1) and (2) apply.
Therefore the character in the unit becomes a separate unit at the end of the phase when all handlers are slain - not in the rules but consistent with one of the new FAQs.
This neatly solves the shooting question.

One-S
06-06-2008, 15:54
Joining a Salamander unit:

1) The Skink Priest definitely cannot join a unit of Salamanders reduced to 1 Salamander.

2) He might be allowed to join a unit of Salamanders reduced to just several Salamanders - This could be a dice roll but I favour him *not* being able to join.

3) He definitely can join a unit of Salamanders with skink handlers because he is US 1. However if this unit is reduced to just Salamanders, then (1) and (2) apply.
Therefore the character in the unit becomes a separate unit at the end of the phase when all handlers are slain - not in the rules but consistent with one of the new FAQs.
This neatly solves the shooting question.

Seems logical.

What happens in this situation:
the unit is reduced to 2 salamanders, 1 handler and a priest.
both the salamanders role a misfire in the shooting fase.
Does the priest get eaten if both salamanders eat just one skink?
Does the priest get eaten if both salamanders eat more the 2 skinks?

Loopstah
06-06-2008, 15:58
Seems logical.
Does the priest get eaten if both salamanders eat just one skink?
Does the priest get eaten if both salamanders eat more the 2 skinks?

No and No.

It specifies "Skink Handlers". If there are no handlers left the Priest still doesn't get eaten.

Malorian
06-06-2008, 15:58
It says the salamanders eat the handlers, not the skinks, so the priest would be fine.

Although if it was me I'd have them eat the priest anyway just because it's funny ; )

DeathlessDraich
06-06-2008, 17:52
LOL! Malorian! You probably also enjoy ''cuisses de grenouille''