PDA

View Full Version : Horrors of the horrors!

Tutore
04-06-2008, 22:22
Excuse me in advance if it has already been clarified elsewhere, but using the search feature nothing appeared.

In the new daemons armybook it is nowhere written, in the rules section, that a slain pink horror generates blue ones. It is surely written in the fluff of the bestiary section, but I checked all the rules and there was only written that pink and blue horrors now have the same stats and you may even field mixed painted units.

Does that mean that the old slain pink horror = new blue horrors generated is gone? It can be.

Thanks.

neXus6
04-06-2008, 22:30
I'm sure this has been asked before but it's okay. :)

Yes Horrors NO LONGER split, they have not done since 4th or 5th ed., no matter what colour you've painted them. :p
Any mention of splitting is purely for background.

Tutore
04-06-2008, 22:32
That's a quick answer! Thanks, I fully agree it was a strange unit to handle, now it's clearer. There are other strange things in the daemon armybook!

Khorneflakes
05-06-2008, 01:16
yeah ive got one, it says daemons are immune to psychology; fear, so are they effected by panic and terror?

neXus6
05-06-2008, 01:33
No that means they are immune to psychology and cause fear, it is a semi colon (meaning it is a list) rather than a colon which would mean it's a specification... :)

Aside from the punctuation lesson, Immune to Psyc is ALL Psychology, there are no "specific psychology immunities"...well not counting fear canceling fear etc...:D

WLBjork
05-06-2008, 08:29
I'll clarify what neXus6 says a little better:

If it states that models are immune to psychology, then as per page 53, those models are immune to panic, fear and terror.

If it's a specific immunity, it will be given as a specific immunity, e.g Immune to Panic so as to avoid confusion.

Lordmonkey
05-06-2008, 09:10
Yes Horrors NO LONGER split

Wish they did, that used to be so damn cool...

Then again, under the new rules, this would make horror units grow in magical power as they died :p

Jedi152
05-06-2008, 09:12
It's fairly clear. If they did still split there would be a rule saying so in the bestiary.

Griefbringer
05-06-2008, 09:26
Advantage is that you need fewer models now (as you will not need two blue horrors for every pink horror in your collection, just in case they might end up splitting).

Faustburg
05-06-2008, 10:09
Wish they did, that used to be so damn cool...

Then again, under the new rules, this would make horror units grow in magical power as they died :p

Well, back in the day (3rd-5th edition) they had essentially the same rule making them wizards, but only the pink flavor of Horror was counted...

Chicago Slim
06-06-2008, 13:45
Also, the Designer's Note on page 37 of the Daemons of Chaos book is pretty clear: there USED to be separate statlines for pink and blue horrors, but no longer... Mix and match, they're all the same.

DeathlessDraich
06-06-2008, 14:18
The question has been adequately answered so with your permission Tutore, I'll venture onto my Horror conundrum:

How would you resolve Special Abilities, spells and magic items that affect enemy wizards when dealing with Horrors, especially those that affect *a* wizard?

Grey Seer Skretch
06-06-2008, 14:38
One thing you could do if you still wanted to keep the fluffy side of splitty horrors alive in your list: I quite like, in ranked up units, popping ogre-sizaed bases in with lttle dioramas. It makes units look kinda fun. A splitting horror would be an awesome one...

Chicago Slim
06-06-2008, 19:08
Draich--

Generally speaking, the unit is treated as a single wizard. Since there's no way for the unit to split into multiple units, you can simply treat the entire unit as a single wizard. If it loses a spell level, or the ability to cast a given spell, then so be it. If it's subjected to a malus to cast, then so be it.

I'm having a hard time coming up with a specific instance of anything that affects wizards, the handling of which wouldn't be obvious when applied to Horrors. Do you have a specific example?

Lordmonkey
06-06-2008, 20:52
If it loses a spell level

Hmmm - but the Horrors' magic level is redetermined every Daemon magic phase. Would this then 'reset' the magic level or would you take into account the level loss from the miscast?

Tutore
06-06-2008, 21:33
Funny question Draich! If a strange effect says "all wizards lose 1 wound" (look: there are some butchers' effects like that) would the unit of horrors disappear?

Loopstah
06-06-2008, 21:36
Funny question Draich! If a strange effect says "all wizards lose 1 wound" (look: there are some butchers' effects like that) would the unit of horrors disappear?

No they lose 1 wound. I.e. 1 model. Seeing as not all wizards have 1 wound.

Would a vampire or Butcher disappear if it lost 1 wound? Only if it was it's last wound.