PDA

View Full Version : Tyranid Concept art.

Alex_H
22-04-2005, 00:52
Someone from Warpshadow pointed these out. Thought I'd pass on the message.

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40K/tyranids/extras/conceptart/default.htm

-Alex_H

Jonathan =I=
22-04-2005, 02:23
Thanks for the link. Some of the concepts seem a lot better then the new models.

Inquisitor Engel
22-04-2005, 02:25
I much prefer that two pronged, wrist mounted bone-sword, and some of the Brood Lord concepts are better ideas than the models turned out, but the current models are more than good enough. Especially the Carnifex. :D

invivos
22-04-2005, 10:03
Wow! Amazing stuff! The rippers are really cool,jumping guns hehe! :D

Wraith
22-04-2005, 10:28
Some of the Brood Lord pics are just stunning -- it baffles me what the smacktard was thinking when he/she O.K.ed the subsequent awful Brood Lord model after such excellent concept art.

So dissapointing...

He Who Laughs
22-04-2005, 11:04
That concept art is INSANE!! Holy Mc-Nidballs Batman... I'm agast... can't form... proper... words.... *drool*

Remember peoples - actually sculpting a model is a beguk-load harder than drawing one. I've been using greenstuff for some years now - and I respect all the miniature designers for their patience and skill. I really don't think people should bag out model designs when the vast majority you out there couldn't even sculpt a simple carry-strap for a boltgun. But then again, each to their own...

Wraith
22-04-2005, 12:12
The tired argument "don't critiscise because you could do no better" is flawed -- GW is capable of producing some stunning minatures and when one comes out that's sub standard people ask why?

In the case of the Brood Lord we now know the model didn't end up crappy because of crappy concept art which is my point.

Marty D
22-04-2005, 15:51
how great would those models be?

i personally really like the 'zoanthrope in a chair' look - cool and creepy
and the first lictor concept has 'the look' - its exellent

i hope forge world plan a few more nid releases - they released a new tyrant, ley them give the masses some more lovely nid goodness

Flame Boy
23-04-2005, 13:37
I think the second Lictor picture is amazing. That gaping maw is quite disturbing, and I agree the floating chair 'thrope looks creeky, wierd and kinda cool....

Considering how rapidly the Tyranids alther themselves, any one of these could be fit into a 'nid army without it looking out of place, providing you have the modelling skill.... I really like the concept art, but I'm still not impressed with the brood lord pics... Oh well.

malika
23-04-2005, 14:43
I really love the new concept art, look at the other work by Roberto Cirillo (the guy who made the sketches) here: www.cyrob.com/ind_x.html

de Selby
23-04-2005, 15:14
I've adjusted to the fact that I won't like a certain proportion of every new range GW produce. Some of their sculptors are just better than the others, or at least 'more to my taste'. GW haven't relesed a model in years that somebody online hasn't hated, regardless of what I think. Similarly, some people like the brood-lord fig, though to me it doesn't come close to the excellent concept art here.

OT, I really like the idea of arm-mounted flesh-hooks. Some of my plastic warriors may be getting them.

Much of the stuff looks a little 'manga-ish' to me (good link Malika). Anyone else get that feeling?

Flame Boy
23-04-2005, 16:41
I suppose the pose to the Hive Tyrant is exaggerated in a "manga-ish" to me, but I'm still impressed with the appearance... I did think the mouthless Lictors were an odd but interesting idea, though I prefer them having feeder tendrils emerging from a mouth personally. The face looks too pinched otherwise.

I'm curious about the "Batfink" Tyrant guard... Can't you just see it growling "My wings are like a a shield of steel!" :D