PDA

View Full Version : Its Arrived: Washes and painting guide

untimention
05-06-2008, 13:07
Just went down stairs and found a package.

Inside YAY my citadel washes and ' how to paint citadel miniatues '

The book is very long i must say near 100 pages.

Got some good stage by stage guides:

empire spearman
plaguebearer
cadian shock trooper
night goblin
hobbit
orc warboss
termagaunt
knight of dol - amroth
ultramarine - using extreme highlighting
dark angel

and pretty pics the way through from eavy metal to Golden demon

OrlyggJafnakol
05-06-2008, 15:18
I've preordered mine too. I hope mine arrive soon! How similar/different is this edition of the painting guide compared to the other; techniques etc.

Whitehorn
05-06-2008, 15:22
Boo, not allowed ours til Sat!

EightBall
06-06-2008, 19:18
I'll be up at GW tomorrow morning to get my washes. Can't wait.

I've flipped through the new HTPCM. I think it's a worthy upgrade from the last version. Good construction, techniques are explained more clearly, overall a pretty book. And I think we're all happy to see that there are no grey Orcs.

Karnage
06-06-2008, 19:27
Only now the Advance Orders for washes are coming out? I was expecting them to have been out last week as I recieved my copy of the Painting Guide last Friday...thought all the Advance Orders went out a week early...

Talos
06-06-2008, 19:33
I should have mine tomorrow but for some reason they have been sent to the GW store instead of my House and because I am at uni I wont be able to go to my local store and pick them up so I have to phone the store and make them send them to me so that is another 4 days wait :(

EightBall
06-06-2008, 21:53
I think if you advance order it online, you get the items a bit early. But when you pre-order it at a GW store, you're simply reserving the item to be available to you the day it's released.

bob monkey
07-06-2008, 22:44
I have the old one of this book, is the new one any better?

EightBall
08-06-2008, 05:59
Yeah it looks like the new one is a little better. It's more practical, a little better organized and is really helpful. I didn't think I wanted it since I have the old one, but it's growing on me. I might get a copy.

WELL I got my washes today. Haven't used them yet, but I can't wait to. My little experience goes like this though: I went into the GW, picked up my set and I went back to the car. As I was leaving, I decided to open up my set, just to get a glimpse and check over my set. So I opened up the box, and to my curious surprise, the tray with the paints was UPSIDE DOWN. Some overworked grunt in packing had thrown it in the wrong way, so the paints were upside down pretty much the whole time. Half of the Delvan Mud had leaked out and was soaked into the box. The Asurmen Blue had started to stain out and a few others were dripping. I was able to go ahead and take it back to GW for a new set (which is flawless)...but I guess the lesson here is don't leave your washes upside down...the caps aren't perfect...and always check inside your boxes (paints, figs, etc) for problems or missing parts before driving all the way home.

But yeah can't wait to get something painted. I have so many things I want to try them on that I don't know where to start.

philbrad2
08-06-2008, 10:38
Preordered th washes from www.maelstromgames.co.uk which turned up Friday. Tried them out yesterday and very good they are too an excllent product.

PhilB
:chrome: