PDA

View Full Version : Payment question

paspinall
05-06-2008, 12:26
A quick question about payment guys, i placed it here because its my 40K book pre-order.

When you make a pre-order do they only charge you when they ship your order or around when you make the order? I made the order the other daying thinking the former but then a charge of exactly the right price has gone from my account, i just want to make sure I am not getting money taking without knowing what its for.

Thanks guys.

Necron god
05-06-2008, 12:35
They did mine when I ordered it and I got my model (cypher) so yer...nothing wrong I dont think there :p

paspinall
05-06-2008, 15:29
Thanks, I just wondered cause most companies when you pre-order dont take payment until they ship so then its easier for you to cancel and order etc.

Marshal Argos
05-06-2008, 18:49
But anytime someone pays with a credit card, the CC company is allowed to put a 30 day hold for the amount to be paid. The money is technically still there just subtracted from your available balance so that you can't spend it. This ensures that your card is not overdrawn, and that the company you paid the money to will get their money. It also, as you mentioned, makes it easier to cancel an order, as the transaction "technically" hasn't taken place.

wolfbyte2586
05-06-2008, 20:08
Did you order the standard rulebook, the collector's, or the gamer's edition? As far as i know if you ordered JUST the standard rulebook, they just charge you the pre-order fee ($10 i believe). But if you ordered either the Collectors or the Gamers they charge you the full amount up front as its (according to the guys at the GW store) a special order or something. Thats how GW is doing their orders i believe. If you're using a gaming store that stocks GW i have no idea how they are doing it.

Either that or as Argos says its just the hold on your card and not the official charge yet.

paspinall
05-06-2008, 20:55
Did you order the standard rulebook, the collector's, or the gamer's edition? As far as i know if you ordered JUST the standard rulebook, they just charge you the pre-order fee ($10 i believe). But if you ordered either the Collectors or the Gamers they charge you the full amount up front as its (according to the guys at the GW store) a special order or something. Thats how GW is doing their orders i believe. If you're using a gaming store that stocks GW i have no idea how they are doing it.

Either that or as Argos says its just the hold on your card and not the official charge yet.

No it was the gamers edition, but the thing is if they were to chanrge differently they should probably tell people, it didnt bother me too much but when my friend asked in store they said if she ordered offline she would be fine, and now its taken the money before her payday and she has no money to live off for a while.

jasdc1
06-06-2008, 01:13
I used a debit card when preordering mine and it lists my current balance and available balance as less the cost cost of the order. However, the one thing I'm really not pleased with is the fact that they are now charging full shipping on preorders. It used to be only $3 for preorders. Needless to say I had to "come up" with an additional $10.01 in purchase to get free shipping and the web only SM. The one thing I'm curious about is whether they'll send the regular order items right away or wait till Release day and send em all at once.

paspinall
06-06-2008, 07:15
I used a debit card when preordering mine and it lists my current balance and available balance as less the cost cost of the order. However, the one thing I'm really not pleased with is the fact that they are now charging full shipping on preorders. It used to be only $3 for preorders. Needless to say I had to "come up" with an additional $10.01 in purchase to get free shipping and the web only SM. The one thing I'm curious about is whether they'll send the regular order items right away or wait till Release day and send em all at once.

Well because I bought the gamers edition i got free postage aanyway (but no mini for us) As for the regular items.... nope, least they never have to any friends and neither have other companies, they generally send them all at once. they are just the first compnay i have met who charges you straight away for a pre-order... and if I did want to cancel? Why i would have to spend more money to call them because they dont do email *bangs head* Its a good job I can dip in to my savings account to live !

Tom_ep
06-06-2008, 08:04
Anyone know when those pre-order rulebooks will be sent out to buyers? Couldn't find any mention of a timeframe online ...

Earthbeard
06-06-2008, 14:49
Anyone know when those pre-order rulebooks will be sent out to buyers? Couldn't find any mention of a timeframe online ...

Normally they send them out in time to get on the date of release, so with vagaries (sp?) of local post you can and some people have had them up to 2 weeks early, or a couple of days.