PDA

View Full Version : [1500] WoC Khorne

Pooky
05-06-2008, 13:58
This is my first attempt at a list using the new Warriors of Chaos extract from this months White Dwarf. It's also been a while since I have played WFB so it felt weird not using Furies or Beasts :cries:

Just in case it's not obvious, the Exhaulted Champ joins the Knights and the Aspiring Champ is on the Chariot.

Please C & C welcome. I'm looking to make this list stronger, but not beardy.

Exhaulted Champ + MoK + Sword of Might + Enchanted Shield + Armor of Damnation + Daemonic Mount

Aspiring Champ + MoK + Great Weapon

16 Warriors + Great Weapon + Shield + Full Command + MoK
16 Warriors + Great Weapon + Shield + Full Command + MoK

5 Warhounds
5 Warhounds
5 Warhounds
5 Warhounds

5 Knights + Muso + Standard + MoK

5 Marauder Horsemen + Flails + Muso
5 Marauder Horsemen + Flails + Muso

Chariot + MoK

TOTAL 1497

stwess
05-06-2008, 16:54
for warriors id go 2hand weap or hand weap shield, u want them to destroy whoever they are fighting before they strike back. and its much more khornate :)

if needed id drop the daemonic mount to do so.

i havent read the WoC update however so i dont know to much about points costs of these things or wether they have changed abilities of certain things from the origional book.

Malagant
05-06-2008, 17:42
The price for throwing axes on Marauder Horsemen was reduced to 1/model. The combination of thrown weapon and Fast Cavalry makes these really nice, I'd highly recommend picking them up.

In a melee oriented army, a BSB is an awful nice feature!

What are your plans for the Daemonic Mount? Could you drop him and replace with Chaos Steed and make the Aspiring the BSB and add some throwing axes?

Hope you have a large supply of Dog Food! ;)

Pooky
06-06-2008, 07:03
Hope you have a large supply of Dog Food! ;)

Well, without Beasts to cover my flanks or Furies to slaughter cannon crew, I need to fill the gap with something :cries: Although I did consider calling this army "The Wild Bunch" since the army has so many dogs in it!

Alternatively, if there is something better to kill off cannon crew and/ or use as flank protection, please tell me!

sipron
07-06-2008, 11:15
Sure the daemonic mount is great and I'll probably use it myself alot. But not with MoK, m9 and frenzy is not a very good combination since your opponent can force him to charge out of his unit the first turn. Also MoK doesn't go very well on charriots since they might be forced to charge into difficult terrain. Like the others said, make the aspiring a bsb or upgrade him to an exalted.

Neknoh
07-06-2008, 15:13
Fewer Warriors in your units is what I'd say, you want them 6 wide. Greatweapons are nice, however, I'd either go Additional Handweapons or Hallberds, since I5 is a very sad thing to waste.

Also, I would, INSTANTLY, drop the Greatweapon from your Aspiring Champion, in fact, with the points earned by dropping, say, two warriors from each unit, I would give him the Daemonsword or at least the Crown of Everlasting Conquest and the replace teh Greatweapon with a Hallberd or a Flail. Remember, you ARE mounted when on the chariot, as such, the greatweapon strikes last AND only at +1 strength.

Einholt
07-06-2008, 16:13
Looks good, but you cannot combine Armor of Damnation and Enchanted shield, both are magic armor.

randomkrazy
07-06-2008, 19:25
The list looks decent however it is illegal, in under 2000 point lists you can only have a maximum of 3 special choices and as of now you have four (knights 2 x marauder horsemen and chariot)

Also as said earlier mark of khorne is good but a good player will bait you and flank you and make you go every direction you don't want to go. You can keep the mark, as I run it as well, but just make sure you keep the hounds in front of your khorne units to prevent unwanted charges.

Also id consider the throwing axes just because they are so cheap and they are str 4.

Looks good, but you cannot combine Armor of Damnation and Enchanted shield, both are magic armor.

I'm pretty sure you can combine the two actually. If it is a shield and it is a common magic item you should be able to. You can only not combine 2 different magic suits of armor. For example with beasts you can buy chaos armor and still carry the enchanted shield.

Other than that looks like a good list. Good luck!

Einholt
07-06-2008, 20:21
Although I would agree, the Enchanted Shield does not have the Shield keyword, not trying to rules lawyer. I would actually prefer if I could do this with my chaos chars and empire captain but unfortunately as it stands its pretty much illegal.

yedee
07-06-2008, 21:46

That's right. Both of them are listed as magic armour. Apart from even if it would be allowed you have spent 60 points on magic items (SoM 20, ES 10, AoD 30).:rolleyes:

The aspiring champion is only ever useful as BSB - if you'r not about making him one then consider taking another exalted instead. For mere 20pts you get(among others) 5T and 5A - that's definately worth it's price!:)

I personally would swap the warriors for marauders. Warriors w/GW have only an AS of 5+ and die easily virtually from anything...:( Shields anyone?