PDA

View Full Version : Daemon Princes

yoshimo
05-06-2008, 15:41
Has anyone else noticed the vast differences in the Daemon princes available to the new mortal chaos army as posted in white dwarf and the ones available to Daemons of chaos players? most notably:
book:
Mortals || Daemons
flight:
included ||20 points
causes:
terror||fear
demonic instability:
not subject||subject
stubborn:
yes||no
stats:
same||same
ward:
same||same
max spell level:
4||2
god marks:
boost stats/abilities||extra daemonic gift options
daemonic gifts:
N/A||75 points, some needed to provide abilities which are free to mortal counterpart, e.g. flight
am I missing something or is it that the Daemon princes on the mortal list are far better than the ones available to the Daemon armies which should in theory be either the same or better. What's more terrifying about the Daemon prince for the mortal army?

logan054
05-06-2008, 15:45
yes and no, the daemon one cant break, the mortal one can, the daemon one has far better upgrade option, the mortal one has 4 options, only two are all that great. Personally i think they both such, i mean isnt the mortal one also a rare slot?

Lord Khabal
05-06-2008, 16:15
Nope, its an additional hero slot.
And you're right, they both suck, though the mortals one sucks less.

Tutore
05-06-2008, 21:34
Check the difference between a demon prince and an ogre tyrant. They have very similar stats (but the ogre has better leadership thus he's a better general) but the ogre costs 100 points less. Granted he cannot have gifts, but he do may take magic items.