PDA

View Full Version : Daemons for FB and 40K

Spellscape
05-06-2008, 16:35
Hi all
I'm thinking on 2nd FB army and I'd like to have Daemons army.
I can't understand - is daemons models same for FB and 40K (not soulgrinder)
For example Daemonettes of Slaanesh and others? I understand that models are same but what about bases?

malkkis
05-06-2008, 16:41
40k uses normal 25mm round base, which is standard for infatry units in 40k. Fantasy daemons use the 25mm square "skirmish" base. You find enough of both bases in boxes

EDIT: Yes, daemon minis are same

Krusty
05-06-2008, 18:11
as far as i know there are 2 solutions for this if you want to play daemons both 40k and fb...

you can try not glueing the models into the bases and switch bases between battles (probably wont work as well)

and a friend of mine just uses the square bases, as the circle bases and exactly crucial for 40k...

Condottiere
05-06-2008, 18:33
How about magnets? Strong ones of course. You can then switch bases as needed.:eyebrows:

3lwap0
05-06-2008, 18:38
Ah, there's a product out there that can accommodate you! It's made by Gale Force 9, they offer movement trays (5 wide), that are circles instead of squares. You can still rank up your infantry, and should a 40k game bust out, you just ditch the tray.

Now, some models this will not work so well on - basically anything you don't rank n'file - like Juggernaut's, Steeds of Slannesh, etc., basically big monsters. And in friendly games, you can probably get away with not worrying about square vs. round bases for 40k. In a tournaments, that dog won't hunt.

If anyone has a good solution for this, i'd be willing to hear it. A Juggernaut costs $22 USD, and I'd like to avoid buying more than I need because of their simple base

malkkis
05-06-2008, 19:05
If anyone has a good solution for this, i'd be willing to hear it. A Juggernaut costs $22 USD, and I'd like to avoid buying more than I need because of their simple base

Look one post before you. Just use some rare-earth magnets on bigger creatures, and you just save yourself from lot of trouble. Magnets are cheap as h***, you can find them easily on different manufacturers all around the world. Just look for Modelling boards, or just google it(yes, according to the oxford dictionary, to google is a proper verb)

minionboy
05-06-2008, 19:13
Gale Force Nine has solved your problems:
http://www.gf9.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=103&osCsid=79b3063c1c3db4c44e870d40c9a597ad

Regiment bases for 25mm round bases. Now for the bigger stuff either use magnets or squares, the only problem you have are things mounted on the 60mm round bases, in which case you should use magnets.

Your Mum Rang
07-06-2008, 09:40
Here's the most elegant way IMO:

- Rank and file? Place your Daemonettes/Letters on round bases and create/buy roundbase accomodating movement trays.

- For the larger models make solid use of Rare Earth Magnets and magnetise an element of the model (I suggest modelling them on a rock and embedding megnets in the rock) so that it can be swapped onto different bases.

Krusty
07-06-2008, 17:17
Here's the most elegant way IMO:

- Rank and file? Place your Daemonettes/Letters on round bases and create/buy roundbase accomodating movement trays.

- For the larger models make solid use of Rare Earth Magnets and magnetise an element of the model (I suggest modelling them on a rock and embedding megnets in the rock) so that it can be swapped onto different bases.

so in other words, exactly what the people before you said...

Your Mum Rang
07-06-2008, 19:36
Indeed! "I agree" is too short to post :P

Fallenturtle
07-06-2008, 19:59
Or you can just play them on square bases in 40k. The rules state that you have to use the bases that they come with, or larger(daemons come with both therefor by RAW rules, you can use the square)

dunno if this is the same in 5th but it would make retardedly bad sense considering bikes only come with square bases.

Rodman49
07-06-2008, 20:00
Just use Square bases in 40k, even in WD many of the daemons used square bases.