PDA

View Full Version : Diablo2 LoD Party.

Str10_hurts
22-04-2005, 00:56
Well who's up for just one last time. Getting a party together starting lvl1 from normal to hell. No rushing just doing the quest, sharing items and kicking evils butt.

If we can get a party started we can determen witch day, the name of the game and wich server.

Ill take a barbarian to take in the hits and deal damage. Simple build, maxing in masteries and wirlwinding or jumping in the end. But I can go anything exept zones and druids.

So the update:

Starting lvl 1
Playing your character only in the portent party.
No equipment from outside portent games.
No magic finding, as in killing bosses 10 times to get a drop.
No rushing, doing all the quests.
Ladder/europe/expansion/non hardcore setting.
6 players max (otherwise it will get chaotic)
Playing probably in weekends, so keeping all the same level.

1. Str10_hurts (auradin)
2. Kittah (barbarian)
3. Nurgle_Boy (bowazone)
4. Ouroboros (tankomancer)
5. Inquisitor Cyarro (javazone)

This is it for the moment, at the moment we are waiting for 1 more. Enter your class and role and ill stick you in.

Or we could go with these 4 and be game. And getting it quikly of the ground.
MSN: ezerkiel@hotmail.com

Kittah
22-04-2005, 00:58
I'm game. I'll go barb as well, focusing on warcries with the ultimate goal of getting myself a Wolfhowl helm to become a WereBarb.

Count me in!

arxhon
22-04-2005, 01:15
I'd join, but all i have is a cracked copy that dates back to the week of it's release, and the 1.04 patch kills the crack. Besides, i haven't even looked at the game in something like 3 years. :p

nurgle_boy
22-04-2005, 09:56
im up, i'll take a strafebowazon
also, will we be doing much mf-ing, or just questing?
also, if anyone gets tir ith sol and ko, id be willing to trade uber equip from my many mules.
usernames nurgle_boy add me to yer friends

what happens when you barbs are bogged down in combat, *enter the bowazon with strafe and multishot, and many points in peirce*

Kittah
22-04-2005, 10:20
Just a question - which realm will we be playing on?

I'm in New Zealand so best for me is either Asia or USWest. Perhaps we see where the others are all from and pick the most central realm?

Ouroboros
22-04-2005, 11:06
Why not I've kind of being wanting to have one last hurrah at this game.

I'll take a Necromancer to tank for us, and yes I do know how to play one the right way.

So we've got what 5 guys now.

3 more slots left or max party.

Str10_hurts
22-04-2005, 11:36
Well on the realm thing... I am from holland so europe for me but my connection speed is ok so other realms are fine.

I think a max of 6 players or so otherwise it will be to hard to get the people together all on the same day and time.

@nurgle_boy: mf-ing?
As far as I know we will just be using these characters for portents party only, after we stop with the party you can use it freely ofcourse. So no buying mad equipments we dont want people walking around in full set items. Try and teamplay so we find an badass bow it will go to the bowazone.

Ouroboros
22-04-2005, 12:22
I personally also won't be twinking down any high gear from my high levels. Mostly because I just checked and they're all expired.

Shame, that deleriium Tiara martial sin was the most fun thing ever, she even looked awesome.

I might still play another assassin. I'm not sure yet. Mainly I'm leaning toward Necro because he's not as gear dependant as the other classes.

Anyway though if this is going to work I agree with str_10 that we should all just make an friendly agreement to only use the party characters in party games. I think we should also try to keep out twinking in the begining to. If we start really getting our little hineys kicked in the late game then we can always transfer stuff later. I don't think anybody wants someone showing up with their now level 90 barb with full IK set when we're all in NM act 1. It kinda pretty much ruins the whole game.

That's just my suggestions, you can take em or leave 'em.

Shuya
22-04-2005, 14:54
I Wouldnt mind joining in, ive played it before, but didnt get very far, but seeing as i have the game im up for a go. if ya guys want me. btw im in uk and i can do it on the weekend,

btw what patchs will i need for both diablo 2 and lod to be able to play?

hmm new problem it says the cd key is on the front of my diablo2 lod box but i cant see anything, any ideas

nurgle_boy
22-04-2005, 17:31
hmmm.... an auradin would be good for this party, to give a boost with might
shuya, itsm not actually on the front of the case, its on the front of the booklet in the case.

by mf-ing, i mean magic finding, looking for unique/set items. more mf%=more nice items

i suggest we all use ladder, europe, expansion, non hardcore characters. also, when gem hunting, we shouldsplit gems depending on class an build, same with items. no finding a buriza with your barb, and keeping it, or getting a perfect ruby for health, when you play a bowazon that doesnt need much life.

on armour, id say combat chars (barbs, zealots, not chargadins, ect) get priority, with sorcs and amas, gitting the worse defense, but more added properties (more mana, sapping and the like) so a barb could find frostburns, and a sorc could find some uber defense gloves. the sorc needs frostburns, and the barb needs his armour to survive.

set itmes are split on class, necros get trang, barbs get ik, sorcs get tal rashas, palas get crazy, uber zakarum sets, amas get... erm....

other items we split for trade.

anyone agree with me on this, or should we stick with "ITS MINE, I FOUND IT!!! HISSSS!!!!"

EDIT: whenever your on battlenet, join channel portent that way, we know whos online.

@ouroboros- summoning, p+b, or cursing?

Shuya
22-04-2005, 18:22
hmmm to find the booklet,

btw i like ur idea nurgle boy

Ouroboros
22-04-2005, 18:34
hmmm.... an auradin would be good for this party, to give a boost with might

@ouroboros- summoning, p+b, or cursing?

Once we hit act 2 normal I'll have a merc for might but this auradin could still get fanatacism to stack ontop and make my skeltons even more evil and wrong.

Last time I had around level 30+ skelies/mastry plus a might merc and level 30+ amp and a pretty high CE.

Stuff died very fast to the skellies even in multi player hell and especially when helped along by spamming corpse explosion.

The Necro I build this time will be a recreation of that one basically, correcting the little mistakes I made and streamlining the build. No revives this time, they never did anything but lag my co-players. I should only have around a dozen max mastry warrior skelies plus my merc since they were the only ones that ever killed anything. Not sure what I'm going to do with the extra points yet. Probably more and better support curses for you guys. Life tap is awesome for a melee party like it looks like ours will be. It basically makes your allies immortal via massive life leech even though no one ever uses it in the traditional MEMEME battle.net atmosphere.

Anyway this guy's a proven build that can get by with pretty crap gear so more good stuff for you guys I guess:D. He was my first ladder character in the first ladder season.

anyone agree with me on this, or should we stick with "ITS MINE, I FOUND IT!!! HISSSS!!!!"

Well str_10 said in his opening post that we'd share stuff, I agree and it seems you agree so it looks like we'll be sharing stuff.

The hardest thing for us to come by is going to be decent weapons for the barbs and your strafazon. If you don't do MF runs or trading(lol) it's pretty hard to just happen across something that'll actually do worthwhile damage in the late game.

Oh and I have no problem with ladder/europe/expansion/non hardcore

nurgle_boy
22-04-2005, 18:37
im planning on taking the max advantage of runeword bows. at around lvl25 ill get me a tirtalamn melody.
later levels ill get a tirithsolko harmony.... mmm.... several thousend damage with strafe.....
i can also get one from saint_celestine, my other strafeazon. she has 3....

now all we need is our fith quester, and a date to start.....

if everyones good to start tommorow, and weve filled our last spot, im cool with that. the only days i cant do are sundays.... got an inquisitor campaign to run...

Ouroboros
22-04-2005, 18:47
I could actually pump up my magic find. If I recall correctly they enabled magic find to work on minion kills in 1.10 didn't they?

It's not like I'm going to get hit a lot so I don't really need a lot of defence or resists. If I can get a lot of MF on my necro (assuming it works) I should be able to generate a lot of decent drops for everyone all over the place.

Edit: just checked diabloii.net MF does indeed work for Necro minions :D

Also tommorrow would be an ok time for me.

nurgle_boy
22-04-2005, 18:51
i can max my mf as well, when i get a harmony bow that is... good old lvl20vigour aura.....
i can just get a 4-5 socket armour and helm, crammed with ptopaz or that rune that gives mf....

another thought.... the 5th quester could be a combat char.... 2 ranged/support (strafazon, and a necro) and 3 combat (2 barbs and a something)...

Ouroboros
22-04-2005, 18:55
If I'm going to be going whole hog on MF I can really go to town.

4 PT crown
5 PT armour
Gull dagger

Just that stuff there's probably over 300 I think. I know gull alone is +100%

nurgle_boy
22-04-2005, 19:22
talrashas with some ptopaz on a sorc with the right gear can achieve some 500%mf
with the right gear on my strafazon i can probebly pull of about 300 max.....

also, ill have to be taking the highest walk-run speed boots we can find, strafazons are built for the run yknow, and sacraficing defense for mf.....

ill also need to nab some leeching items..... having only about 100 mana means ill run out if i dont have at least a 5% mana steal... anyway, im gonna get on battlenet now.... if anyone else is on, whisper nurgle_boy

anarchistica
22-04-2005, 21:29
Nurgle_boy, you do realise that Concentration boosts damage far more than Might and that drain is calculated from the damage you do, not your standard mana repository, right?

I'd join in but i'm not too sure about playing on a non-Europe server...and you guys seem a bit noobish too. ;) :p

nurgle_boy
22-04-2005, 21:38
yeh i know, i couldnt remember it was concentration, and i knew might boosted damage, so you can see my conclusions...

ok i admit, im a bit noobish, but hell, we all are at some point...

i need the mana drain to keep up my mana using strafe with not-to-good bows with not-to-high damage. this is intull i get a nice unique, or a harmony bow.

anarchistica
22-04-2005, 21:47
Any idea about the server yet? And why is there only place for 5 people, instead of 8?

I'd love to join, but we would need a better "strategy" instead of people planning to base their builds on high level items, etc.

Songokuspirit
22-04-2005, 21:55
I'm getting L.O.D in a little while, so if I'm allowed I'll drop in if ya want.
My character will be either a Druid or an assasin (Porbably an assasin as they're just cool).

So if ya will let me I'll kick Diablo's Evil butt.

Str10_hurts
22-04-2005, 22:58
I could change to an auradin going for concentration and vigor. you know, ill just do that.

So the update:

Starting lvl 1
Playing your character only in the portent party.
No equipment from outside portent games.
No magic finding, as in killing bosses 10 times to get a drop.
No rushing, doing all the quests.
Ladder/europe/expansion/non hardcore setting.
6 players max (otherwise it will get chaotic)
Playing probably in weekends, so keeping all the same level.

1. Str10_hurts (auradin)
2. Kittah (barbarian)
3. Nurgle_Boy (bowazone)
4. Ouroboros (tankomancer)
5. Inquisitor Cyarro (javazone)

This is it for the moment, at the moment we are waiting for 1 more. Enter your class and role and ill stick you in.

Or we could go with these 4 and be game. And getting it quikly of the ground.
MSN: ezerkiel@hotmail.com

Inquisitor Cyarro
23-04-2005, 00:33
If room is still avaible I can join right away. I would create a JavaZon and I know how to level them to be quite efficient. Maxed Charged Strike for dealing with bosses and maxed Lightning Fury for groups of monsters.

Kittah
23-04-2005, 03:01
I'm all for the appropriate splitting of items.

My barb will be focussin on the warcries Shout, Battle Orders and Battle Command, as well as the obvious weapon mastery and things like Iron Skin and Natural Resistance, aiming for max bonuses to myself and teammates until I get myself a Wolfhowl and can use my real combat skills (namely Werewolf and Feral Rage with the bonuses of my warcries).

The only problem with this build is that it doesn't really work as it should until level 79 - that is, until you obtain and can use Wolfhowl. Until then I've found it to be a damn good build though, especially with warcries. A massive help not only at the front (as most barbs are) but I've found even Shout to be insanely useful at bailing out sorcs and bowazons that found themselves surrounded.

My only problem is deciding which weapon mastery to go with. As a Wolf I'll be wanting to go for a lot of speed - any suggestions?

Str10_hurts
23-04-2005, 08:11
swordmastery has the hightest speed usually

Ouroboros
23-04-2005, 08:12
Any idea about the server yet? And why is there only place for 5 people, instead of 8?

It looks like it's going to be Europe so you're in luck.

I'd love to join, but we would need a better "strategy" instead of people planning to base their builds on high level items, etc.

I actually chose my build based on it's ability to get by with crappy items so

:p

I suggest that once we do get these details nailed down on the game name/pass we PM them to each other on portent.

Kittah I don't know about building a barb dependant on a single high level item in this situation. If we stick to Str_10's rules about no MF or transferring (and I think we should) getting that item is going to be pretty much impossible.

Ouroboros
23-04-2005, 08:28
Gore_Factory was just born on Europe realm. I'm good to go tommorrow reach me at gorefactory2@yahoo.com

nurgle_boy
23-04-2005, 10:02
right-o guys, now all we need is our 6th quester, but who is it to be.....

also, the bowazone build isnt dependent on high level equips, but on attack speed, and leeching imo. and around lvl25, in around act3-4, i reckon we would be able to get a tir, a tal, and an amn rune.

str10_hurts, i think that mf-ing should be allowed, purely because you cant get by in hell (let alone nightmare) without some nice, uber, unique/set/runeword items.

id say the following should be allowed for mf-ing:

countess-the only way to get decent runes
helforge- not so much mf-ing, as maxing out on gems and rune, we unparty, and all do it separatly
meph-usually drops a few good bits and peices, mustnt overuse this.
rof and cs runs-not so much a boss, as a good place to lvl up, and get some gear.

thats all i think.... but not using bots, using the partys strength.

also, it may sound odd, but i fing=d that with an mf of over 100, and some luck, you can get some crazily good gear, from just running through act1 a few times.... no bosses or anything..... doing this, i got ik helm from a fallen champion, hellcast from a fallen shaman, and corpsemourn off grissy!

anyways, im home tday, so im good to play whenever (ill be on all day with my lvl25 druid, or lvl77 bowazon)

nurgle_boy
23-04-2005, 12:27
gah, why can i never make my mind up.... ive been checking out various character builds, and i want to change... this always happens with me....

id like to change to poison-bone necro if you will, i dont need much equipment, so i can pump my mf to the skies, i only need a good poisenbone wand, and theres some neat runeword wands, mainly white and bone, and well as unes lament.

ill be hanging back with gore_factory, blasting away with bone spear, teeth, and corpse explosion.effective from the start!

ill need to be nabbing quite a bit of gold though, damn costly wands....

EDIT: oops, double posted, sorry mods :D

Str10_hurts
23-04-2005, 18:49
ok lets say normal no Mf-ing, exept hellforge. (and only if mayority agrees) Nightmare: if in need of runes, yes if whole party agrees
Hell: MF-ing is open but only if whole party agrees

meaning: (nightmare) "crap I need the hell rune to complete my word, hey guy's is it ok if I get one"

Sunday? the first game? Name, pass time ect. Any suggestion I can go nearly the whole day.

nurgle_boy
23-04-2005, 18:52
hmmm.... i might be able to tmoz at about 11-3
game name should always be portent
password: lodparty

is anyone else able to get on tonight, as i have the whole evening free to play......

Ouroboros
23-04-2005, 18:59
How about noon Sunday April 24th GMT.

Remember time zones people.

I'm 4 hours behind GMT so that'll have me starting at around 8:00am Eastern which I can do.

Game should be

Name:Portent
Pass:Portent

Nurgle boy my build already includes a pretty high CE so you doing a Necro to is going to create some overlap there at least. I think you should just stick with the zon man, less competition for items that way and we need a ranged attacker. Besides with the concentration from Str_10's pally and my merc's might + my amp your damage will be quite a bit heftier than you'll probably manage to get out of bone spear and a lot faster hitting.

nurgle_boy
23-04-2005, 19:06
yeh, fair enough... be warned, i find bowazons perform badly at lower levels, so i might have to just leech your exp instead of causing damage...

untill i get lvcanders, a buriza, a melody, or a harmony that is :P

Ouroboros
23-04-2005, 19:15
Bowazons tend to suck solo without a great bow but when you have 3 seperate phys damage multipliers in play (conce/amp/might) they'll unsuck pretty quick. Just don't do something dumb like pump frozen arrow. If our sixth guy turns out to be a Zealot pumping fanat this is going to get downright ugly.

Oh also my account name is

"coldbluelight"

for all your msging needs.

anarchistica
23-04-2005, 22:53
also, the bowazone build isnt dependent on high level equips, but on attack speed, and leeching imo.
And knockback. Don't forget knockback, it's incredibly important. Partially because of it, i can solo Hell Diablo with my lvl89 Strafezon (Buri/Eagle), who only has a handful of damage charms (does have 145/something max armour).

Kittah
24-04-2005, 05:20
How about noon Sunday April 24th GMT.

Remember time zones people.

I'm 4 hours behind GMT so that'll have me starting at around 8:00am Eastern which I can do.

Game should be

I'm in for that. Makes it midnight my time, but I'm on holiday so no issues. If we're gonna try it as a weekly thing I think we should try 12 noon GMT on Saturdays or something, that way it should work out for all.

Ouroboros
24-04-2005, 06:44
Ok so we're on for this then.

See you guys there.

12 noon GMT

Europe/non hardcore/ladder

First guy in there makes it, if you get that it's already been made just try to join it.

nurgle_boy
24-04-2005, 09:49
2 and a quater hours to go people, im about to head on now.
mmmmmm.... 4 odd hours of play......

what levels should we be before we take bosses?

i wouldve though andariel-12-15
duriel-20-25
meph-25-30
diablo-30-40
baal-35-50

if we were to do this, we could probebly take them all down no problem.

also, before we takle nightmare, should we do some baalruns to boost the levels?
generally, i find, untill about lvl55-60, each baalrune you do, will get you a level.

Kittah
24-04-2005, 10:39
2 and a quater hours to go people, im about to head on now.
mmmmmm.... 4 odd hours of play......

what levels should we be before we take bosses?

i wouldve though andariel-12-15
duriel-20-25
meph-25-30
diablo-30-40
baal-35-50

if we were to do this, we could probebly take them all down no problem.

also, before we takle nightmare, should we do some baalruns to boost the levels?
generally, i find, untill about lvl55-60, each baalrune you do, will get you a level.

Those levels sound about right to me. I think we'll definitely need to Baal run quite a lot before we'll be able to set foot in Nightmare. I'm just itching to play at the moment... like fully excited about it :D

nurgle_boy
24-04-2005, 10:50
im itching to play as well.

when you get on battlenet, join the portent channel, we can meet there, and add to friends lists and stuff...

Str10_hurts
24-04-2005, 11:42
Ill be there to

Ouroboros
24-04-2005, 12:41
game relocated to useast server due to lag

name:portent
Pass:portent

Str10_hurts
24-04-2005, 15:28
Well first session is over.

I thought it went ok, my paladin now healing 9 hp over 2 sec, vigor, and concentration on 60% might put one point in medetation and rest in concentration I think. and zeal on 5 or so.

Ouroboros
24-04-2005, 15:44
Very pleased with the way my guy is pogressing as well. For a while there I think my "raise skeleton" skill was a higher level than I was. I really lucked out finding a +3 mastry totem and a +3 raise wand with lesser bonus as well.

They're both also imbuable but I'm going to wait till I hit a higher level and try for a +1 or +2 necro skills on both.

I think I was mistaken on the merc aura though. I hired up a guy in act2 but he was putting out the AR boosting aura as opposed to might like I want. It must be the Nightmare level guys that give might then. I know Normal and Hell guys are the same and NM guys have different auras.

Someone else should also pick up a defensive merc once we hit NM. They have holy freeze which is quite nice when you hit hell with its fast moving hordes.

So str_10 are you going to focus on healing or do you have other auras in mind as you primary one? I thought you were going for concentration.

Str10_hurts
24-04-2005, 16:00
no still going for concentration up to 10 or so and then dropping or maxing out prayer and then with medetation 300% reggeneration and healing 20+ life every 2 seconds makes it a fine aura when you are slaughtering multible monsters. and wen facing bosses or other hard things switch over to consentration. so I'd advice everyone to stop putting any points in mana.

nurgle_boy
24-04-2005, 17:14
i feel my bowzons going fine so far, multishot will be handy for when we swamped with monsters, and guided arrow is mainly a dungeon tester. you fire it, then it either locks on if theirs something theres, or not if there isnt.

ive found that critical strike is a fairly nasty, and vital skill. currently at lvl6, it has a 54% chance of dealing double damage.

gimme 5 more levels, and ill have strafe, then act 3 becomes really fun. so many of those little fetish monsters, so many shots.... mmm... orgasmic.....

im tempted to put a few points into frost arrow, for slowing stuff down when we hit nightmare. increased speed on some things isnt good, especially hard to hit shooty things...

im planning to max valkyrie, strafe, and peirce. and get critical strike to about 10 or so. that way, when each strafe shot causing, say... 1000 damage from a runeword bow, can double up to 2000, and pass through multiple monsters.

anyway, whens the next game planned to be?

Inquisitor Cyarro
24-04-2005, 20:40
Just out of curiosity what level is everyone at. Also which Act, quest are you presently on? Anyone luck out and find any Set items or uniques. Although they wouldn't be anything spectacular on normal but its always thrilling to see gold lettering.

nurgle_boy
24-04-2005, 21:28
i got nothing good... and im lvl 19... i think....

Kittah
25-04-2005, 03:21
I thought it was a nice session, although I'm having a bit of trouble equipment-wise with my barbarian. I just need ot get myself a weapon with a bit more damage and some speed to it and I'll be fine. That and a decent shield and armour.

Skills wise it's taking its time to build itself up, but it's mostly just a matter of waiting for the skills to come into their own properly.

Ouroboros
25-04-2005, 05:17
Just out of curiosity what level is everyone at. Also which Act, quest are you presently on? Anyone luck out and find any Set items or uniques. Although they wouldn't be anything spectacular on normal but its always thrilling to see gold lettering.

We're in act 2 just finished radament around level 18-19.

I found a civerb's shield (blah) and I saw the other guy who played with us but doesn't post get the unique normal club. Aside from that and a couple of crappy rare rings I found nothing else to report on the rare/unique front.

Kittah if you have enough strength to use a claymore you should. It'll do way more damage than your one hander and truth be told you don't really need a shield in normal so long as you set aside a reasonable number of points for vitality.

Go two handed for now.

nurgle_boy
25-04-2005, 10:25
really kittah, there arent many decent one handed weapons around in act 2.....
well, theres not many in normal alltogether....
id say go two handed swords as ouroboros said. fast attack speed, decent damage. and we can kit you out with some nice armour....
and i9f we cant find any, duiel will probebly drop something armour-wise.

if you dont already have some ring mail, i think i have one in my stash....

Str10_hurts
25-04-2005, 20:28
yup my claymore deals massive damage and an ok attack speed otherwise try and find an falcon and rune it with steel. or just gamble for a giant sword.

My defence is over the 110 at the moment and nice blocking to :)

Ouroboros
26-04-2005, 20:11
Just in case anybody's not aware armour and defence in no way impacts the amount of damage you take from hits. All it does is affect how often you get hit in melee and by some projectiles. It will also obviously not protect you in any way from damage that is element based or "other" type.

I bring this up to remind everyone to pump up their vitality now while the points are cheap and easy to get. It's a lot easier to find items later on that give massive bonuses to STR or DEX but almost impossible to find ones that do equal for vitality/HP. Ignore it now, pay for it later.

I'd say neglecing vitality is the #1 mistake made by people that results in them being unable to stay alive in the late game. You need those hitpoints so get them now while it's easy, you'll be glad you did later.

Str10_hurts
26-04-2005, 20:30
yup thats how my points are going 2hp 2str 1dex (sometimes 2, draw one or str)

Do not bother with mana either because you get enoughe of it in late games and Ill pump it up anyway, wait until you see 300% manaregeneration and healing 25 hit points every 2 sec. joy! Tried the build out and works not realy good but good enoughe and fun.

@Ouroboros: just showing of my shiny armour, makes me pimpin' :p

anarchistica
26-04-2005, 20:32
Indeed. For most characters, just leave Energy at base, pump Strength to 100-150 (really depends on equipment), Dexterity to 150-170-ish and put the rest in Vitality.

nurgle_boy
26-04-2005, 20:36
ok, vitality pumping it is.

right, whens our next game to be then? im good friday, saterday, but not so free sunday, have to get some cash and buy many pretty models, not belonging to any particular army, because im not collecting one for a while :P

so, what day, (pref saterday) and time then?

Kittah
26-04-2005, 23:47
Friday or Saturday are good for me, but Sunday's pretty much out of the question as I have school the next day (12pm GMT is like 11pm in my time :P)

NaT
27-04-2005, 01:30
I'd like to join in. I can play any class but i'd prefer a zealot.

Let me know ;)

Ouroboros
27-04-2005, 04:19
Ok so it looks like next Saturday 12 GMT is going to be the best time for everyone.

NaT if you want to join in I guess you'll have to level yourself up to 17-19 and get to act 2 before then. We've just killed Radamant so do that and you'll be caught up.

Several conditions though

-You must start a brand new character for this

-No hand me down gear from any other high level characters you may have. This includes items, runes, gems and money. Hand nothing down. Everyone's starting from scratch here and on equal terms.

-Other than this opportunity to play catch up you should only ever play this particular character with the other portent party characters in the designated games. We want to keep everyone together on this so we can do the quests together.

-No magic find runs. We'll have to go on the honor system for this one I guess. No one else is doing it yet though we do acknowledge that it might become necessary at a later time when we need gear for NM/Hell

-No bots/cheats/hacks. This one's pretty self explanatory.

-Games are USeast/non hardcore/ladder

Assuming no one else has a problem welcome aboard and I do believe that was our last open seat.

nurgle_boy
27-04-2005, 08:46
so seat 6 is taken.. good o, a nice melee zealot....

im good with noon saterday....

what levels dyou rekon we can reach in a few hours play then? from our lvl17-19, id say we could probebly get to about 25 mebbe......

then ill need me a melody runeword... lvl10 thorns when equipped..... mmmm......

Hulk
27-04-2005, 12:14
hi all im the guy that doesnt post here :P i have no problem with saturday and my char is going just fine havent put so much points out really as i cant decide on what build i want :S

nurgle_boy
27-04-2005, 21:54
hey hulk.
why not try a weredruid. high health, fast attack speed, decent damage, and FURY!!!
max lycanthropy, werewolf from, and fury. then put points into oak sage and feral rage.

Hulk
28-04-2005, 08:01
yea thats an option i was going for something like that. my oak + bo from the barb and the life aura from the pala can give us a nice life boost :D. anyway see u on saturday

HULK

Str10_hurts
28-04-2005, 21:40
saturday evening gtm how late?

Ouroboros
29-04-2005, 03:23
It's going to be Saterday around noonish again just like last time. Given our wide timezone dispersal noon GMT is the only time that really works.

nurgle_boy
29-04-2005, 09:32
'tis what makes enough sense.....

im good with noon....

Ouroboros
02-05-2005, 05:58
Ok so those of us that showed up for last Saterday's session are now in act 3 level 20-23ish.

What happened to the rest of your guys?

Str10_hurts
02-05-2005, 19:04
sorry couldend make it but ill try to get there as soon as possible

Ouroboros
05-05-2005, 08:17
So who's coming to this Saterday's game? Would be a shame if this whole thing kinda died a crib death here but it's starting to look like that's what's going to happen.

Hulk
05-05-2005, 10:59
i cant play this saturday :( because im going to my summer place this weekend.
But the others that missed the last game can take this saturday to catch up to the rest of us :P

HULK

nurgle_boy
10-05-2005, 22:43
gah, sory to be ding some necromancy, but my web was hit by a virus, and ive only just got it back.

im good for this saterday.

ill just have to get lots of exp together....

Ouroboros
11-05-2005, 04:14
I still want to play to but it looks like we're in the minority here.:(

nurgle_boy
11-05-2005, 09:22
it does indeed......
still, hopefully ive gotten rid of this ************ vundo trojan thing, so ill be able to play.

yet now it seems that my keyboard is skipping letters.....

nurgle_boy
16-05-2005, 19:11
right, we need to recruit us some more lod players, as many dont seem to turn up.

anyone that plays lod, and wants to do games on weekends, post here, with chosen character build, and level yourself up on us east, non hardcore, non ladder, to about lvl 20, act 3, and NO outside equipment. we dont want people coming in with a stash full of high level uniques.....

or of course, we could start again........

if we start again, i call TANKAZON

we would need about 8 people on a list, so if some people dont turn up, we still have a decent sized party.

now come on people, dont let the party die.....

Hulk
17-05-2005, 16:54
im still up for gaming some lod :) but were still a minority :( i won let our nice party die just like that :)

HULK

Ouroboros
19-05-2005, 05:23
OK how bout the three of us meet up again this Saterday then at the usual 12 noon GMT time. Anyone else that wants to show up would be welcome.

I think we'll also go ahead and remove the restriction on having to make a new character to join this.

If anyone else wants to just come in with something under level 30 you can play to. Try to keep handed down gear to a minimum but I'm not going to search you either.

nurgle_boy
19-05-2005, 10:09
good good good, ill be turning up with an ama of some kind.... maybe the rightly feared tankazon......

nurgle_boy
20-05-2005, 21:53
sorry to be double posting, but we sorta need a few more people.....
also, ill be turning up with a tankazon, lvl 14 at the mo, but hell, i can get 10 levels before tmoz....