PDA

View Full Version : Paladins of the Empire 2.5k

moose
05-06-2008, 17:19
I've decided to write a random empire list, essentially it revolves around a group of paladins and religious fanatics on a search for the meaning of life. I would have used bretonnia for fluffiness, however my friend plays them so that's out of the picture.

I'm not sure how effective this list would be as i've only faced off against an empire army once. Any comments, feedback or criticism would be most welcome.

1 - Templar Grand Master - Armor of Meteoric Iron, Dragon Bow, Holy Relic - 240

1 - Luthor Huss - - 180

1 - Battle Wizard - 2 Dispel Scrolls, Level 2 - 150

1 - Battle Wizard - Van Horstman's Speculum, Level 2 - 130

5 - Knightly Orders - FC, Knights of the Inner Circle - 170

5 - Knightly Orders - FC - 155

18 - Greatswords - FC - 210

18 - Greatswords - FC - 210

1 - Great Cannon - - 100

1 - Great Cannon - - 100

18 - Flagellants - Champion - 190

18 - Flagellants - Champion - 190

Cheers,
Moose.

Fire Harte
05-06-2008, 18:36
I reccomend you consider Kurt Hellborg and Ludwig Swharzhelm they are both capable characters in my opinion.
Also I reccomend some Outriders or Pistoliers.
But I think it seems like a fun themed army.
Greatswords IMO are not really worth it in this list as you could have more knights. and they are slow compared to the rest of the army.
Remember Though that Inner Circle Knights are a Special choice meaning that you cant have 2 units of greatswords and a cannan as well as them.
You could also put your wizards on warhorses if you wanted to.

greendan
06-06-2008, 17:04
Well your grand master does'nt need the armour of meteoric iron as he already has a 1+ save as it is.
I'd maybe recommend giving him the laurels of victory & the holy relic.

Luthor huss is quite good. Maybe a warrior priest with the icon of magnus? that way you could have 3 units immune to fear (psychology for the grandmasters unit), so you wont be falling victim to fear and terror.

I'd keep the wizard with 2 scrolls for some magic defense.

Perhaps removing the commands bar a musician on the knights?
That would free enough points for another whole unit of knights.

I like greatswords. Have the warrior priest with the icon of magnus join them making them stubborn, immune to fear and with hatred.
How about some detachments for your greatsword unit?? i don't think a unit or two of crossbows would go against your theme, plus it would add some long range fire support.

Consider dropping one unit of greatswords (you have 5 special choices anyway which is one too many. And you'll want the inner circle knights with your grandmaster).

The two units of flagellants should work nicely to hold your flanks with the greatswords in the middle.
Its an interesting list. With five units of knights galloping around you should have some good flanking oppurtunities with your solid block units holding things in place unit the time is right!.

:chrome: