PDA

View Full Version : chariots and fight back

Maximus Lucifer
05-06-2008, 17:56
if i charge on the flank of a unit 3 deep.
i kill all 3 models with it, do i get to hit back with the crew of the chariot?

Loopstah
05-06-2008, 18:02
If you mean you kill the 3 side models with impact hits then that's wrong as impact hits are worked out like shooting so you remove models from the rear of the unit.

Your crew can still attack as you shouldn't remove the models on the side of the unit.

Condottiere
05-06-2008, 18:28
If you mean you kill the 3 side models with impact hits then that's wrong as impact hits are worked out like shooting so you remove models from the rear of the unit.

Your crew can still attack as you shouldn't remove the models on the side of the unit.

Does the impacted unit get to hit as well?:confused:

Gobbo Lord
05-06-2008, 19:05
A chariot is counted as a single model even though it has three lots of attacks. if you are in contact with the enemy to the front you get all of your attacks regardless of how many men you kill. For example you are in contact with three men in the flank of a unit. You kill 5 with impact hits. your crew and steeds can still attack and kill more troops. however you only need to kill three enemies to cancel their attacks back. if you only kill two then only one may attack back even though the models are removed from the back.

khorne666
05-06-2008, 19:21
I would have to agree with everyone else on this, the models are taken from the back. A similar question came up in a recent game between me and one of my friends, my chariot hit a unit of skaven slaves, caused 7 impact hits and killed 5 models, and the crew killed another 2, clearly the unit was running, they didn't go very far and I caught them and destroyed them, however after I finished my full persue move, I came into contact with another unit, which obviously counted as a charge, since we couldn't do the fight between them that phase, we had to wait untill the next turn, by which point my chariot had been destroyed by shooting (with them being psycotic ratmen they can shoot into combat). The question which arose was to whether or not I got my impact hits, with it being a friendly game and us having an independent rules scholar we just decided that I got impact hits but no attacks (obviously) as the chariot had still hit the unit. I was just wondering what you guys would have done and how it would be treated in a tournament. Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Gobbo Lord
05-06-2008, 19:28
Yeah i would have given impact hits too. Thats the sort of common sense ruling that is made when the rules dont state the correct sequence of events. In my mind, if a chariot has charged into something, it takes impact hits. Im sure there are people who wouldnt let you. And im not sure what the ruling would be a a tournament, but i dont play them, so im not too bothered. As long as you had fun and both agreed, whats the problem? :)

Loopstah
05-06-2008, 19:36
I was just wondering what you guys would have done and how it would be treated in a tournament. Sorry for hijacking the thread.

I imagine it's something GW never thought about, as nobody else can shoot into combat, so normally the chariot would still be there in the next round.

I'd have given the impact hits as they are a result of the chariot charging the unit and even though it was then destroyed it had still charged into the unit.

Braad
05-06-2008, 20:24
Okey...

I always think its a bit silly when people start about "casualties are taken from the back, so an enemy in the front/side can still keep attacking".
What happens, if this reasoning is followed, and a unit is attacked in the rear? Then you would be out of combat if you kill more than the models you have in base.

Now, wouldn't that be silly? Two fighting enemies just stand there grinning, after their buddies just died in front of them. They don't do that, they step forward and continue slaughtering.

It simple, you can't just leave combat unless the unit you are in base to base with is dead, running or you are dead or running (or maybe some other weird, magicky thing). It doesn't have anything to do where you grab the casualties from, the reason you pick them from the back is just for convenience, its the one in front that die.
The rules say, if a model kills more than he is in base-to-base with, then he just steps over the bodies to kick some more ass, not that because he killed someone a guy in the back actually drops dead.

Gazak Blacktoof
05-06-2008, 23:42
Yeah i would have given impact hits too.

I wouldn't.

The chariot isn't there in the close combat phase so it doesn't get to cause any impact hits or attack in any other manner.

Imagine that it gets gunned down on the way in.

marv335
06-06-2008, 03:04
I'd give the impact hits too.