PDA

View Full Version : Two Daemon questions that came up today

Damian
05-06-2008, 21:26
If I cast glean magic and use nurgle spells to kill off some enemy does this count towards Epedemius' tally - my opponent said so because it was a Nurgle spell.

Do daemons benefit from insane courage, or if they lost by 9 and had only Ld8 would they still lose models if they rolled double 1.

My opponent said that flamers shooting attacks were not flaming, just their close combat attacks because it says that they are a "normal missile weapon" but all along I thought they were. I didn't argue because I wasn't sure but the shots are flaming aren't they?

Tutore
05-06-2008, 21:41
1) no idea

2) I think they benefit: it is a break test, after all.

3) All tzeench attacks are flaming, close or missile weapons.

Fulgrim's-Chosen
05-06-2008, 23:13
My opinion (Daemon Player)

1) - No - because the Tally refers to wounds caused by NURGLE DAEMONS....ie, even if you are casting a spell that is a "Nurgle Spell", you (yourself) are not a Nurgle Daemon and thus the wounds that you cause by virtue of casting the Nurgle spell should NOT count for the Tally.

2) - I would agree that 1,1 - will save you even if you normally could not make the test - - all they say about Instability is that it is a "Special kind of BREAK TEST". IE - it is still a "Break Test", just a "Special one" - and they then go on to explain in what ways it is different - regarding Instability.
They never say the basic rules for Break Tests (one of which is Insane Courage), don't apply to the Daemons.

3) - True with the exceptions of a Daemon Prince, marked with Tzeentch - he does not, by default, have Flaming Attacks, and also ( a good find by another gamer here, IIRC ) - Chariots of Tzeentch's IMPACT HITS ONLY are also, NOT Flaming. The Screamer's and Herald's attacks are though.

W0lf
05-06-2008, 23:25
1. Tally is wounds caused by nurgle daemons. Your not a nurgle daemon so no.

2. Double 1 and insane courage represents a unit 'holding their ground' and not breaking. This is not the same as instability. Also to back this insane courage causes you to hold when you are auto-broken, auto-broken = LD 0.

Belerophon709
06-06-2008, 00:38
Regarding Insance Courage:

Passing an Insane Courage test only has one effect: That you would stand your ground, where you wouldn't otherwise. Seeing as Daemons don't break from combat, Insane Courage has no effect whatsoever. If a Daemon unit with Ld7 lost combat by 7 and rolled snakeeyes, it would still suffer 2 wounds.

Nukem
06-06-2008, 06:21
Belerophon is correct as far as I can see. Since its not a "break test", but an instability test. It would be nice is snake eyes did save your units lol.

Kerill
06-06-2008, 08:43
1) No

2) No

3) They are flaming attacks.

4) You might want to find a new opponent

Damian
06-06-2008, 11:07
4) You might want to find a new opponent

LoL

Thanks for the help