5 dire wolfs @40

5 dire wolfs @40

5 black knights @120

5 black knights @120

varghulf @175

4 blood knights @325
standard, flag of the blood keep
musican

right the 2 hero vamp go with the blood knights and should make 1 uber killy unit, the count is another uber killy unit and the black knights should provide enough issues for my oppents mages. the zombies are the "pesents" they wont provide much in the way of game play. the varghulf and the wolves are the counts pets

cheers

soulstealer

Gharof von Carstein
05-06-2008, 23:54
its nice you consider the zombie fluff with the peasants and all but with a lord and 2 vamps you could raise them when on the field... why wouldnt you take either skellies or ghouls? much better anvil for your knightly hammer. Personally I love the zombie dragon vamp lord look just as much as you. Mine looks awesome and is so much fun to play! but... tbh you should consider taking a normal vamp lord or count manny (fits with the knights excellent to cancel out martial honour, which could save you from duels that can destroy you) its way less points for almost the same effect. those points go back into your army in the form of something like grave guard or more ghouls/skellies. this way you wont compromise the blood knight theme and your army is a heck of a lot more solid. just my 2 cents :)

soulstealer666
06-06-2008, 00:17
hey thanks for the reply,

i have my zombies as core so i just dont have to raise them up let me have more killy spells to cast,

the only real reason that the count is on the dragon is as you said because its frecking awesome, and i an really pleased with my conversion :D,

im confused with the martial honnor thing you metioned (i havent ever looked at he fine print for them, and i dont have my book on me)

cheers

soulstealer

theunwantedbeing
06-06-2008, 00:40
Only 1 unit of blood knights eh?
Yeah sure whatever...perfectly fine.

You maxed your character's and rares and then took minimal core, but at leats bothered to take some black knights and dire wolves to make it look less like you did what 99% of VC players do these days and simply min/max.

A blood knight themed army in my mind has 2 units of blood knights.
2 vamp character's that are basically blood knight's themselves.
A load of zombie "peasants" and a whole heap of bat swarms.

Gharof von Carstein
06-06-2008, 07:06
i guess he hasnt done just that because blood knights are expansive. a possibility is to proxy them using the black knights. i like the idea for him to use bats but i still say that using zombies isnt a smart thing to do. the best thing is to take skellies in this case (fits the theme because blood keep is supposed to have skellies guarding it, says so in the VC book) theunwantedbeing is right about one thing and that is that 1 unit of blood knights is good, 2 is better. but hey you cant mess with taste.

however i am guessing your gonna try to win games with this army right? (duhhhh!)

in which case youll start noticing one thing when you play. those zombies are slow as hell while every other thing in your army moves about twice as fast. the zombies are there to make unit size and rank bonuses sway your way ill bet. however before they even get there you will give your opponent the chance to crash into you while you position those knights. having to hold back limits your flank capabilitys. but hey same problem with skeletons right? ya well the only thing thats different is when eventually your infantry comes into contact with enemy units is that skeletons will survive longer due to armour saves and they might actually hit something. its either make that switch or throw a helm on one of your vampires to increase the zombie WS.

If I were to make a army like this id go for knight heavy and skeletons with spears. the spears will make a nice 2 rank attack line while my knights crash into the flanks playing bring the noise bring the funk all the way :p my vampires join the units of skeletons to keep up march and IoN where needed.

and if and when you get to dominate the magic phase because you hunted wizards with bats/black knights or because your opponent decided to burn his scrolls or dispell dice. you get to raise dead like no tomorrow behind the enemy lines to create those zombies.

soulstealer666
06-06-2008, 07:49
so you really think i should have 2 units of blood knights AND a dragon (btw theres no way im going to drop the dragon)

i think i can handel that...

ok so on to the list...

vampire count @725
lv3
dragon
balefire spike
flayed hauberk
book of arkhan
d.scroll
infinite hatred
red fury
walking death

vampire @205
dark acolyte, lord of the dead
bsb, staff of sorcery

vampire @200
infinite hatred, avatar of death (great wepon)
armour of the night, talisman of lynic, black periapt

5 dire wolves @40

5 dire wolves @40

15 skeltons @160
full command, spears

15 skeltons @160
full command, spears

20 zombies @80

3 fell bats @60

4 blood knights @325
standard, flag of the blood keep
musican

4 blood knights @250
standard,
musican

right is this more like what should be using,

cheers

soulstealer

Andrew Luke
06-06-2008, 16:23
Swap the Balefire Spike for a Dreadlance, cuz when you play hi-elves, your going to want to fight his dragon, and your going to want to win ;D Also, for your second unit of blood knights, Royal standard of Strigoi all the way. Zombies do make funny peasants, but they just suck too much to ever be useful for anything other than tarpits, and tarpits are something you don't really need. I feel black knights and GG don't really fit in a BK army, so take lots of bats to deal with war machines. Ghouls would be my choice for blood-thirsty serfs, and their higher movement plus ghould kin will allow them to keep up with your blook knights.