PDA

View Full Version : Not Understanding Heralds

Lord Brrrp
05-06-2008, 22:30
Not really understanding Heralds.

Do their special abilities only work when they lead a unit of core troops (bloodletters, plaguebearers and deamonettes)? Does this ability work when leading bloodcrushers or seekers? If so, then does Nurgles' herald have no special it provides a benefit to, or does it provide the special rule to nurglings when on a palaquin?

With a chariot, I assume the herald has to be solo as it would not be able to join a group right? Put can I pick a palaquin and put it in a unit of plaquebearers? What about the disc or a juggernaught mounted herald in a unit of bloodletters (prob not cause they call it cavalry).

Sooooo confused.

Fallen401
05-06-2008, 22:56
Well first off, no, the Heralds don't just give the bonus to the core options they can confer the locus ability to units of Bloodcrushers and Seekers as well. Note though that the bonus is only confered on the riders and not thier mounts such as the juggers and steeds of slaneesh.

Unfortunatley the Herald of nurgle does not bestow the regeneration abiltiy to anyone other than plaguebearers and thier champions.

Now as far as mounts go i'm not 100% sure but i highly doubt you can have a chariot join a unit. Though i know you can absolutley positivley have a herald mounted on a palanquin, jugger, and disc join a unit of core infantry.

In fact i already have my Herald on a palanquin in a unit of plaguebearers and they have been a ******* beast. Is that a charge from elves? Ok one sec let me strike first with 9 attacks from the Herald because of the Palanquin then 5 more attacks from the front line. Oh yea it's all poison :D

fubukii
06-06-2008, 02:44
actually the mounts do get the hatred, because of the new mounts and pyschology rules i believe.

Spirit
06-06-2008, 02:52
Someone told me (not sure how accurate it is) that the herald rules specify only riders in the case of mounts.

giner
06-06-2008, 11:05
Fallen401 hs it right (including with chariots). Except disc cannot join units (I think) because they are fliers.

stampy
06-06-2008, 11:58
actually the mounts do get the hatred, because of the new mounts and pyschology rules i believe.

That is right, the herald gives the bloodletters hatred and becase the mounts 'suffer' from the same psychology as the riders the juggernaughts get hatred as well

Pavic
07-06-2008, 03:13
That is right, the herald gives the bloodletters hatred and becase the mounts 'suffer' from the same psychology as the riders the juggernaughts get hatred as well

Stupid loopholes. I would think that this was not intended. Just another example of GW not knowing their rule system well enough.

SPYDER68
07-06-2008, 03:51
Seekers of Slaanesh dont get the hearlds first strike as one :P Page43
BloodCrushers do not get thier hearlds bonus, page 44
Flamers dont get their hearlds bonus. page 45

Under the Bloodletter entry (page 36) says Locus of Khorne.
Under the Daemonette entry (page39) says Locus of Slaamesh
and same for Plaguebearers.

Its not under the others units entry that they get the special rule with a hearld in the squad ? So doesnt this mean its meant for the core troops only ?

It would be like saying a chariot of tzeentch screamers get their slashing attack still since its listed under screamers even thou it doesnt say they get it where the chariot entry is.

AngelofSorrow
07-06-2008, 05:43
I would agree with the statement above but under the locus entry it specifies Bloodletters and Bloodreapers and Daemonettes and Alluress'.

These 2 unit entries are also under Bloodcrushers and Seekers.

Xaskus
07-06-2008, 06:53
I would agree with the statement above but under the locus entry it specifies Bloodletters and Bloodreapers and Daemonettes and Alluress'.

These 2 unit entries are also under Bloodcrushers and Seekers.

Yes, the units are called Bloodcrushers and Seekers but they are made up of Bloodletters/Blood Reapers and Daemonettes and Alluress' respectively.

logan054
07-06-2008, 08:39

Its not under the others units entry that they get the special rule with a hearld in the squad ? So doesnt this mean its meant for the core troops only ?

It would be like saying a chariot of tzeentch screamers get their slashing attack still since its listed under screamers even thou it doesnt say they get it where the chariot entry is.

You are right that seekers steed dont gain the rule however ASF isnt a psychology rule, same as regenerate isnt, hatred is and as with frenzy, stupidity the steed gets the role.

If you read page 44 it tells you a bloodcrusher is a bloodletter and Juggernaut.

SPYDER68
07-06-2008, 14:51
Its still just adding rules under units that the rules isnt there, if it was meant for every unit that had a bloodletter it would be a general hearld entry etc. Not just under the 3 core units.

logan054
07-06-2008, 16:35
but bloodcrushers are bloodletters :confused: thats like saying empire knights arnt human :wtf: Its very black and white and affraid.

lokigod
08-06-2008, 04:06

go back and read in the brb under psychology and mounts ;p

snyggejygge
08-06-2008, 11:34
Its still just adding rules under units that the rules isnt there, if it was meant for every unit that had a bloodletter it would be a general hearld entry etc. Not just under the 3 core units.

Sorry, but you´re wrong, yes it doesn´t state the locus ability under said units, but read page 30 under daemonic characters:

QUOTE: Heralds often apply benefits to the unit they join. For example, a herald of Khorne bestows the Hatred special rule on a unit of Bloodletters or Bloodcrushers /QUOTE

Can it be clearer?

Pavic
08-06-2008, 14:41
Sorry, but you´re wrong, yes it doesn´t state the locus ability under said units, but read page 30 under daemonic characters:

QUOTE: Heralds often apply benefits to the unit they join. For example, a herald of Khorne bestows the Hatred special rule on a unit of Bloodletters or Bloodcrushers /QUOTE

Can it be clearer?

Yes, this is correct, however, you have not looked at the BRB, which states on page 79

"ItP, Hatred, Frenzy, Stubborn, Unbreakable. If either the rider or the steed is subject to any of these reulses, the whole combined model is. This means that all the parts of the model (a monstrous mount, or the crew and steeds pulling a chariot) are affected by these rules."

Now this entry is under the characters section, but I this also applies to regular troops as well. This was initially a big deal, because it did not apply to Khorne chaos knights because their rules specifically stated otherwise.

snyggejygge
08-06-2008, 20:11
WTF are you talking about, not once did I say that the Jugger don´t get the hatred rule, I know it does, I pointed out exactly where it says that the Bloodcrushers does indeed get the locus ability since SPYDER68 said they didn´t because they hadn´t the LOCUS specialrule. You better read the posts you reply to before you do reply....

Pavic
08-06-2008, 20:23
Hmm, I must have hit the qoute button under the wrong reply. No need to get angry.

Fulgrim's-Chosen
08-06-2008, 21:57
Yeah - he was directing it at Spyder - just hit the wrong button - I see what he means though. Everyone is right here btw (exception Spyder) - ;) - no hard feelings ! - - - the Heralds of Khorne can affect Letters' on foot or those riding the Juggernauts (Crushers) - and Heralds of Slaanesh can affect Daemonettes on foot or those riding the Steeds of Slaanesh (Seekers).

Nurgle ONLY works on Plaguebearers and Tzeentch ONLY works on Horrors. That's about it for Locus rules and how they work and who they work on !