PDA

View Full Version : The Weeping Legion of Ordainos

riven5
05-06-2008, 23:48
(Optional background, dismiss at your leisure)
In the Chaos dimension there is only the endless twisting of reality, and in that horrid, splendid place, war is relentless. Ten thousand battles occur across a million battlefields, stretching across the infinite. It is in that place where Ordainos came to be remembered as the Weeping Vizier.

Ordainos had manipulated the wills of his fellow Chaos Daemons, sending them into hateful battle with one another as he sat and watched, the smirk upon his avian brow never disappearing. He expected to be much rewarded for his cunning by the Changer of Ways, only to discover that the Great Magister had forsaken Ordainos. You see, although the Chaos Daemons of Slaanesh and Nurgle were largely destroyed in the conflict, the children of Khorne seemed unfazed by the mystical workings of Ordainos. As he sat upon his throne of cunning the great Crow Daemon was approached by two Heralds of Khorne and their retinue, one of whom carried the personal standard of the Bloody God.

"We have seen the devastation your manipulations have won, and we are impressed." The Khorne Daemons said in perfect union, one speaking with the bellowing voice of a God, the other speaking in the hushed, gurgling whisper of one whose throat had been slashed asunder.

"We could accomplish much with our scabrous claws and your flawless guile." The twin Heralds spoke, a spray of gore leaving their cruel lips with every twisted syllable.

Yet before Ordainos could address the twin Heralds and their entourage of lesser Daemons a new visitor arrived on the scene. A Keeper of Secrets, bloodied and poisoned, crashed upon the sundered landscape. Wracked by pain and being bitten and harassed by Nurglings even still, the Keeper roared, anguish gripping tight. The avatar of Slaanesh gazed upon this meeting with naught but anger in his (or her?) eyes. The Keepers armies had been destroyed under the weight of Nurgles plagued children, and yet here stood the warriors of the remaining two Gods, Tzeentch and Khorne. Ordainos had forever been known as a manipulator and consort to treachery, but this was a new low for the Lord of Change. Long had the Keeper and Ordainos been allies in the ceaseless Chaos wars, and long had they drank deep of mortal souls together. The Crow Daemons betrayal could not go unanswered.

With all the power a Daemonic avatar of passion itself could muster, the Keeper of Secrets threw an accusing finger towards Ordainos and hissed bitterly.

"You, Ordainos, are cursed. You, and all of your allies here, shall weep silver and gold from your dark eyes for a thousand years and a day. You shall feel the weight of this curse until either that time comes, or you cleanse yourself by way of the blood of one million mortals, all sacrificed in the name of Slaanesh. Weep, Lord Ordainos, and remember that your God is a fickle one." The dying Greater Daemon of Slaanesh made a final gesture towards all those present, then collapsed under the poisonous weight of the plague-bearing Nurglings that had hounded him.

So encumbered, Ordainos and the twin Heralds of Khorne assembled their accursed legion...

The Weeping Vizier, Ordainos, Lord of Change- 615
Level 4 Wizard
Tzeentch's Will
Power Vortex

The One-Eyed Seer, Herald of Tzeentch- 225
Level 2 Wizard
Chariot
Spell Breaker
Master of Sorcery (Tzeentch's Lore)

The Blade of Hate, Herald of Khorne- 330
Juggernaut
Armor of Khorne
BSB- Banner of stubborness for all Daemons within 12"

The Claw of Malice, Herald of Khorne- 180
Juggernaut
Armor of Khorne

Core:

The Blade's Retinue, Bloodletters- 163
5x2
Musician
Standard Bearer- Skull Totem

The Claws Retinue, Bloodletters- 163
5x2
Musician

The Weeping Court, Horrors- 273
5x4
Musician
Standard Bearer- Banner of +1 to casting

Flight of Crows, Furies- 60
5x1

Special:

Secret-Slayers, Nurglings- 105
3x1

The Hounds of Malice, Flesh Hounds- 175
5x1

Rare:

The Vizier's Guard, Flamers- 210
6x1

2499 points

General tactics: Shoot straight up the center with the Bloodletters, enjoying being un-march-blockable. Nurglings play bullet catcher for the Bloodletters so that they might actually make it to their targets. Truth be told the Bloodletters only serve one purpose: Herald of Khorne delivery systems. I know 10 isn't enough, but I want to at least test it out, and I figure the banner of stubbornness might give them a decent chance.

Horrors play keep-up with the Bloodletters as best they can, shooting off magic as often as they can. Flesh Hounds will stay nearby to flank charge any would-be attackers who get tar-pitted by the Horrors. Flamers pick a flank, do their thing. Lord of Change and HoT do some flying wonders, likely some rear charges, glean magics, etc. Furies go warmachine hunting.

*Disclaimer: If the points are off or if anything isn't quite right, let me know! I didn't have access to a Chaos Daemons book when I made this list! Sounds foolish, I know, but I lent it to a friend and she still hasn't returned it :mad:

If the point costs are off in any way, let me know. Oh, and the musician is in with the Horrors cause I needed to eat up 7 points, and that's all I could think of. Suggestions are welcome/encouraged!

With the Weeping Legion assembled, Ordainos strode out into the mortal realm, his forces ready to begin their grim (but enjoyable) work of gathering a million souls. It shouldn't take long.

blackjack
06-06-2008, 21:19
The Weeping Vizier, Ordainos, Lord of Change- 615
Level 4 Wizard
Tzeentch's Will
Power Vortex

For these kind of points I would take Karios.

The Claw of Malice, Herald of Khorne- 180
Juggernaut
Armor of Khorne

This costs 165, I am sure of it.

Core:

The Blade's Retinue, Bloodletters- 163
5x2
Musician

The Claws Retinue, Bloodletters- 163
5x2
Musician

Personally I think magic banners on small squads is not wise.

Flight of Crows, Furies- 60
5x1

I like furies for their tactical fexability.

The Hounds of Malice, Flesh Hounds- 175
5x1

Rare:

The Vizier's Guard, Flamers- 210
6x1

Gotta love the hounds and the flamers.

I also love your fluff!