PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Warriors of Chaos (WD list)

Vaktathi
06-06-2008, 08:22
allrighty, new Hordes list. I wanted to make an Archaeon style list (I will be using him as the lord until the november book comes out) and wanted to see if I could make a decent list using just warriors, knights, a couple sorcerers and a beefy lord.

let me know what you think!

Lord of Chaos-Sword of Battle, Armor of Damnation, Chaos Runeshield, Daemon Mount. 350pts

2x Sorceror- Level 2 upgrade, Daemonic Mount, Dispell Scroll, Power Stone. Lore of Fire. (Flaming Sword, Fiery blast) 185pts each

4x 15 Chaos Warriors, Full Command, Shields. 225pts

1x 5 Chosen Knights, Full Command-240pts

2x 5 Chaos Knights, full command -190pts.

2240pts.

randomkrazy
07-06-2008, 19:06
Not bad, I wouldn't mind playing against it. The new WD certainly nerfed our list.

Don't you feel armor of damnation and runeshield is a bit overkill? Not only do they have to reroll hits but their magic weapons are treated as normal weapons right?

I guess its good. It would own against Grimgor (Orcs and Goblins special character who's pretty nasty) who I've fought before but I always make him run.

One suggestion I have is dropping 1 unit of warriors. After you've dropped this you can add 3 to each existing unit and increase frontage to 6 wide. So 3 units of 18, 6 wide. With any leftover points you can add a unit or two of warhounds for screens and maybe a chariot or something for support, or marauder horsemen who can hunt down warmachines which with this list would give you a problem.

Also you know you can't choose your spells, you have to roll for them so don't always count on getting those specific spells.

I'm assuming your running your Sorcerors and lord with your knights. I would also consider running the Sorcerors in the units of warriors as they will provide bigger meat shields and will give you more time to cast magic missles and other magic.

Other than that it looks like a solid list. Good luck!

Deacon Bane
07-06-2008, 20:48
First of all, you can't have a magic shield with magic armor.Switch the Runeshield for the Crown. Then I would drop 2 Warrior units, and add some hounds, horsemen and maybe some Mauraders. Also IMO the powerstones are better switched to Dispel Scrolls.