PDA

View Full Version : WE Magic Item Question

Wreckage
23-10-2005, 08:03
The Wood Elf magic item "Stone of Rebirth" is a "One use only" item that states: "When the wearer is reduced to one Wound this item bestows a 2+ ward save."

How does the "One use only" work here?

Is it:
A.) For example a noble (2 wounds) wearing this is hit and wounded three times. He is dead because his "One use only" ward save protected him from the middle wound only. So it doesnt even matter if you roll for it.

Or:
B.) A noble is hit and wounded three times and thus suffers one wound, and makes two 2+ ward saves against the other two wounds. The "One use only" part is to prevent it from working in conjunction with regeneration, but then why write "one use only" because a character would not be "reduced" to one wound if he was reduced to zero wounds, then bumped back up to 1 wound with regeneration.

I am very confused by this item.

Atrahasis
23-10-2005, 12:37
I am very confused by this item.

Everyone is. There'll be no clear resolution of the matter until an erratum is published.

You'll need to agree with your gaming group how it should work until then.

Wreckage
23-10-2005, 16:24
For what its worth, I called the Rollzboyz and they said its option A.

Of course, they also told me a Repeater Bolt Thrower suffers -1 for multiple shots. :wtf:

Atrahasis
23-10-2005, 16:54
For what its worth, I called the Rollzboyz and they said its option A.

Call them again. They'll say its option B.

JackInTheGreen
23-10-2005, 17:56
You roll for one wound at a time.

WLBjork
23-10-2005, 18:34
Call 'em a 3rd time. They'll tell you it's option A at first, then B, then A again ;)

Wreckage
24-10-2005, 01:49
You roll for one wound at a time.

OK, but how many times do you get to use the ward save? Once, or all of them as soon he's reduced to one wound?

Mad Makz
25-10-2005, 02:40
The item is basically unusable as it stands, simply because it's one of the most poorly worded magic items in the game.

My advice: Don't take it until it's cleared up, it will only lead to arguements.

god octo
29-10-2005, 20:11
i always considered that rule a bit odd, so i would just ask your opponent if you can use it without the one use only rule- when yoiur character is reduced to 1 wound, they get a 2+ ward save.