PDA

View Full Version : Who else is tierd of people crying over LaTD?

Malcavious
06-06-2008, 14:02
I cant play my Kroot Mercs anymore but you dont see me streaking my face with mascara because I have an army I only play for fun now. Maybe its the mentality of a wargamer. I started out playing card games (MTG) and quickly got used to the idea that after a while I was going to have to replace my cards with new ones in order to stay competitive. I also think that these people have a huge problem with hanging on to the past and not looking for bigger and better things.

I love GW, I think thier rules are great, I think the system and fluff are awesome, and for the most part I have a great time hanging out with the community. Some people just rub me the wrong way when it comes to the game, let me say that again, GAME!!!

Necros
06-06-2008, 14:16
Yes the whining got old fast.

LATD = squats. Boo hoo. get over it.

update your army, try a different codex, or just play it in apocalypse.

Whatever new army you start tomorrow will eventually become obsolete too. Just get used to it now :)

==Me==
06-06-2008, 14:19
Please, let's not go down this road again. Whining about whining doesn't accomplish anything and just gives people an excuse to flame each other.

If people complain about LatD, that is their perogative. They could use counts-as (IG army with =][= allies, even Orks), persuade their gaming group to let them keep using it (it isn't like the books burst into flame), shelf the army for now, play it in Apoc games only, or just have a nice looking army that isn't fully supported any more.

Freakiq
06-06-2008, 14:23
In a fluff based campaign, apocalypse or any other frendly game any of those WD armies work great, it's when it comes to competative play like tournaments they arnen't allowed. Even then you coud use the Guard and -][- codexes for Latd and use the Tau codex for kroot see Moloch's kroot army for an awsome example: http://www.hivefleetmoloch.com/

Don't be limited by the tournament mindset of some gamers, there are many who don't mind playing against WD lists or 'Counts as' lists.

EVIL INC
06-06-2008, 14:31
Whinging over whining. Original. LOL
You know that if you see a thread on the subject, you are not obligated to open the link. Just go on to the next thread. If you open a thread and see it, you are not obligated to stay in the thread reading it. Hit the back button and go on to the next thread.

Earthbeard
06-06-2008, 14:36
In a fluff based campaign, apocalypse or any other frendly game any of those WD armies work great, it's when it comes to competative play like tournaments they arnen't allowed. Even then you coud use the Guard and -][- codexes for Latd and use the Tau codex for kroot see Moloch's kroot army for an awsome example: http://www.hivefleetmoloch.com/

Don't be limited by the tournament mindset of some gamers, there are many who don't mind playing against WD lists or 'Counts as' lists.

QFT - I'm doing it for both LATD and Squats.

Hobby aspect is as important in this game as any other aspect for me. C'Count-as' keeps my crazy ideas going.

CommisarMolotov
06-06-2008, 14:40
Rather than whining about whining (as others have already pointed out), why not offer them "counts as" ways to still field a more-or-less legal list?

The Warseer poster "General Steiner" gave me a great "counts-as" way to field my beloved Genestealer Cult army when I was groaning about it on Warseer one time. Thanks to one helpful post by a fellow Warseer afficianado, they were saved from the "closet gulag..."

Maybe we can do the same for someone else?

Enderel
06-06-2008, 14:47
There are numerous fan based pulications out there for a lot of armies that are not fully supported by GW anymore. As the Commisar says offer people advice on how to get the most out of their current models.

e.g. Lost and Damned have an excellent Codex for the Black Crusade event coming up in Sept, very well written and lots of options.

Malcavious
06-06-2008, 14:59
It seems to have infiltrated half the discussions on the board so I just thought I would consolodate the whining (both sides) to one thread.

I play tournaments ALOT, I travel and try to hit 1 or 2 a month if I can. I have played Space Marines, Kroot, Necrons, Nyds, Orks, Dark Eldar, and now working on Demons list. It seems that whenver a new codex comes out I have to go buy it which leads to my buying an army from that codex. I can understand though that not alot of people can do this as they do not have the money to spend. Thats great of casual gamers, if you a tournament player then you probably want to make sure you have enough disposable income to carry you along as the climate changes.

Another reason I love tournaments is the atmosphere. You get some of the best, beardy, broken, and cheesy lists all in one room and duke it out. I am a fan of power gaming and a tournament is what power gaming is about. I have fun doing that and that is what any game is about, fun. Some people have fun playing casualy and others have fun trying to destroy each other as completely as possible.

arch_inquisitor
06-06-2008, 14:59
The problem is the worst and most foul, filthy and disgusting words ever to besmirch the game and the hobby "Tournament Legal".

Whoever coined this phrase regarding this game should be shot, hung and drawn quartered and given an unceremonious burial in a cesspool.

Too many people a hung up on the whole tournament legal thing as the only places that this makes any difference at all is at tournaments and in store events. Anywhere else it is nothing but complete flotsam.

Once you start to ignore that which is tournament legal, it won't matter what GW removes as most of the time it is for fiscal reasons that things are axed. Why should we stop using something simply because GW can't afford to support a product anymore.

Tournament legal is just a device used by GW to make people shut up about things like Latd, squats or kroot.
Ignore it, and ignore those that whinge about such things as they simply don't yet understand that they are not bound by those two most obscene words.

Getting hung up on "tournament legal" outside of tournaments is kinda pathetic.

Whitehorn
06-06-2008, 15:13
They want the whiners to hit a number high enough to justify 'borrowing' a fan Codex and publishing it to make more $$$.

Templar Ben
06-06-2008, 15:27
They want the whiners to hit a number high enough to justify 'borrowing' a fan Codex and publishing it to make more $$$.

Brilliant.

Shibboleth
06-06-2008, 15:35
...LATD = squats. Boo hoo. get over it...

That's not exactly true. According to the background Squats have been wiped out. LatD have not. In the background LatD are as ubiquitous as the Imperium itself, ie. wherever there are humans there is the potential for corruption by Chaos, and supposedly most Chaos incursions are the result of human worship of the dark powers.

At the moment it does seem that we're supposed to just Counts-as Imperial Guard (can't wait for the new Guard dex:chrome:), and then combine with CSM or Daemons in Apocalypse.:rolleyes:

If GW could get over it's supposed ban on WD lists then we could have lists for LatD, Kroot, Genestealer Cults, Tau Human Auxiliaries, Squat survivors, 1st Founding Chaos Legions, and everything.

I think that's more worth whining about. In fact I don't see it as simply 'whining'. If we don't create the demand, keep the ideas alive, it will never happen.
So, keep whining on...:p

EVIL INC
06-06-2008, 15:40
Of course, there is also a HUGE difference between "whining" and "discussing a topic". Just because you are tired of discussing a topic does NOT mean that anyone who continues to discuss a topic is whining.
Counts as is your friend.
If you do not wish to discuss a topic, dont go into threads that are discussing it.

cerealkiller195
06-06-2008, 15:51
next to my orks, my lost and damned was one of my favorite armies to play, convert and paint. so sometimes i do feel the need to vent as my Genestealer Cult (using LATD rules) was one of my proudest achievements (fully painted army of 1500pts with conversions) and i can't really show that now outside of my group (that doesn't meet in a store).

Captain Brown
06-06-2008, 16:21
Well that was a pretty pointless thread...Closed.

Unfortunately some of you decided to respond to the troll's bait. If you break the rules we will take action, claiming you were tricked into it is not an excuse.

When you start a thread with: "I cant play my Kroot Mercs anymore but you dont see me streaking my face with mascara because I have an army I only play for fun now." you are immediately painting other members with innuendo and this is trolling as someone will (and did) respond in kind. This is not in the spirit of community and not welcome on the forums.

Captain Brown
WarSeer Inquisition

PS: I have now deleted several posts.