PDA

View Full Version : 3 simple questions about deamons

Akuma
07-06-2008, 09:16
1. Can Herald of Slannesh join a unit of flash hounds ?

2. Do seekers of slannesh gain ASF if joined by herald of slannesh ?

3. If you are casting your own spell on some regiment that has MR - do you have to use it's MR for the diss roll - or can enemy use it if he wishes to disspell it ?

Nabeshin1106
07-06-2008, 09:56
1. No, See "Daemonic Characters: (in the box) on page 30.

2. Yes, see same as above.

3. I honestly have no idea how treat that situation. The rules don't say you have to use the MR if a spell is cast, it just say the dice may be added to the dice rolled for dispelling. I would not say that your opponent gets to use the dice, but the wording there is a little odd.

Nurgling Chieftain
07-06-2008, 10:21
Well, if an ability is optional, the units controller normally gets to decide if the unit uses its ability or not. So I believe if you throw a spell at your own unit, you get to decide whether or not their MR dice are added to the dispel attempt. Which means you probably decide not to!

...I suppose if your opponent throws a LOT of dice at the dispel, it might be better to add your MR in hopes of rolling double 1's...

Fulgrim's-Chosen
07-06-2008, 13:52
I think Magic Resistance is meant to be a defensive thing only. IE - you don't have to roll it against your OWN friendly magics - IIRC. Thus you could cast Succour of Chaos (from a Keeper of Secrets) onto a chosen unit of Bloodletters, without having to deal with Magic Resistance (I've never heard of a case where you end up "dispelling your own spell", even though you didn't want to, because of Magic Resistances).

SPYDER68
07-06-2008, 15:53
Seekers do not have the Locus of Slaanesh rule under their entry so no, they do not get first strike.

Lord Aries
07-06-2008, 16:14
Yes they do... its under the herald's rules, it specifically mentions her giving the power to the unit.

NO MR is not ever used when you cast a spell on your own unit.

MrBigMr
07-06-2008, 16:16
Seekers do not have the Locus of Slaanesh rule under their entry so no, they do not get first strike.
That's one reason I'm thinking they don't get it, but then again the bloodcrushers get the benefits of the herald (it was stated in a box on some page, was it the one with the heralds). So while the mounts do not get the ASF, the riders should be able, since they are daemonettes.

But go and figure. It's once again GW's way of making things overly complicated. I always though the idea why mounted daemonettes were switched to seekers was so that people couldn't claim "hey, they're mounted daemonettes, so surely they get the same benefit as daemonettes", but now it seems that... Well, I don't know. Better wait a while loger for the FAQ. Maybe it'll also explains what count as lored for the Sundering Standard and why Torment Blade and Staff of Change are Hand Weapons.

theunwantedbeing
07-06-2008, 16:42
The seeker riders are daemonettes so gain ASF when joined by a herald of slaanesh.
In the same manner so do bloodcrushers gain hatred from the herald if joined by one.

decker_cky
07-06-2008, 18:18
Locus is written under Daemonettes because the Herald uses the same entry. Read the "Daemonic Characters" box on page 30 which explains the benefit being given for Khorne, which has the exact same situation and it's clear. Locus of Slaanesh benefits all daemonettes and alluresses in the same unit, and there's daemonettes and alluresses in the seekers. They get ASF.

MrBigMr
07-06-2008, 19:13
It would have been nice for GW to add the rule to the seeker entry just to underline the point. When you have all this "by rules" and "if not specificly stated" crap clashing from time to time, it's hard to figure always what's the right way.