PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Warriors of Chaos (WD)

sipron
07-06-2008, 12:04
So here's my first attemt on the new list.

Exalted Champion
Mark of Nurgle
Sword of Might
Enchanted Shield
Daemonic Mount

Exalted Champion
Mark of Nurgle
Flail
Daemonic Mount

Sorcerer
Mark of Nurgle
lvl 2
Dispell Scroll
Daemonic Mount

Sorcerer
Mark of Tzeentch
lvl 2
Biting Blade (I had 5pts left)
Chaos Familiar
Daemonic Mount

21 Marauders (Shield & Light Armour) (5x5 one exalted here)
Full Command

Full Command

22 Marauders (Shield & Light Armour) (6x5 both sorcerers here)
Standard Bearer & Musician

12 Chosen Warriors (Halberd & Shields)
Full Command
Mark of Khorne

6 Chosen Knights
Full Command
Mark of Slaanesh

5 Marauder Horsemen (Flails & Throwing Axes)
Musician

Charriot

Charriot

Charriot

2250pts

PD: 7
DD: 5 (+1 dispell scroll)

Any thoughts?

Neknoh
07-06-2008, 15:07
Not really any thoughts, no. My main suggestion would be to drop one Chariot, also, drop the Daemonic Mounts off of the Sorcerors, replace them with normal Mounts, simply because you do NOT want that big a base (they're on 50mm bases) on your Sorcerors when you put both into a Marauder unit.

Also, the general idea of fielding both in a marauder block simply isn't good in my eyes, one charge could completely wreck your magic defense/offense and the unit looses fighting capabillity to an extent. Keep them on their normal steeds says I, they make for very nice mobile and casty goodness whilst having a good save. They can then dart out of the Marauder unit without crippling it too much.

for the points saved (should be arround 140, no?), I suggest grabbing two Spawns of Chaos, they are gold, you'll also be able to grab another three Marauders to put in whichever units you want.

yedee
07-06-2008, 22:07
First of all check the point costs (the marauder horsemen certainly cost more). Consider droping either flails or axes to make them cheaper as you won't ever make use of both of these weapons (you want them to hit hard or just annoy opponent and prevent him from marching).
Just as Neknoh said, swap the daemonic mounts for horses or even better drop them at all by all 3 sorceres - you dont want your casters to get into CC anyway, right?
Don't waste points on BB on sorcerer - try to find some other use for them.
And final advice: don't ever put both sorcerers in one unit - ld8 light infantry is very vulnerable to missle fire and warmachines (especially stonethrowers) - it will almost certainly panic. That is especially true when your opponent will concentrate fire upon it (as he will do for sure) - this unit is more then 550pts afterall!:eek:

Neknoh
07-06-2008, 23:16
The Marauder Horsemen MOST CERTAINLY DOES NOT cost more. Five Horsemen with Flails and Musician costs 81 points. With the new pricing on Throwing Axes, they cost 86. The upside of having both weapons is that you can move up for a flank and then hurl axes at the enemy, enemy then moves, you then charge. The axes makes the role of the Horsemen a lot more adaptable to situations and it costs a measly 5 points for the unit.

Sir_Lunchalot
08-06-2008, 07:38
Actually I like both sorcerors in the same unit. especially if you use Beasts. think about it, one unit of moderate combat ability suddenly spawns two characters with 4 WS5 S6 attacks EACH and are T5 in chaos armor. seems pretty brutal to me.

Kerill
08-06-2008, 08:46
The only setup I've seen with the new warriors list that seems to have half a chance is to include the banner of the gods, it allows the warriors to win the battle of attrition over a long period of time, otherwise they will have fled very early on.

yedee
08-06-2008, 09:19
The Marauder Horsemen MOST CERTAINLY DOES NOT cost more. Five Horsemen with Flails and Musician costs 81 points. With the new pricing on Throwing Axes, they cost 86.

You'r right on this one.:o I made a mistake assuming the flails cost more... Nevertheless I still believe it would be better to leave them with musician and axes - they are good at baiting and march blocking. Flails are ok, but since the marauders have only a 6+ save they shouldn't get into combat anyway as they will inevitably die.

Actually I like both sorcerors in the same unit. especially if you use Beasts. think about it, one unit of moderate combat ability suddenly spawns two characters with 4 WS5 S6 attacks EACH and are T5 in chaos armor. seems pretty brutal to me.

Seems a bad idea to me. 550 points for such a thing? No great deal IMHO. As well as relying on 2 spells that can be easily dispelled. I'd rather put an exalted champ into the unit to boost its fighting capabilities - it's far more cheaper and more reliable option.:)

sipron
08-06-2008, 12:07
Thanks for all the response. The reason I had both the sorcerers together and on daemonic mounts where the 4 s5 attacks and the m9 and the only cost 30pts for a sorcerer. Still in this list they are gone and some spawns are added.
Do you think this list would do better?

Exalted Champion
Mark of Nurgle
Sword of Might
Enchanted Shield
Daemonic Mount

Exalted Champion
Mark of Nurgle
Flail
Daemonic Mount

Sorcerer
Mark of Nurgle
lvl 2
Dispell Scroll
Chaos Steed

Sorcerer
Mark of Tzeentch
lvl 2
Chaos Familiar
Chaos Steed

Full Command

19 Marauders (Shield & Light Armour) (5x5 one exalted and one sorcerer here)
Full Command

23 Marauders (Shield & Light Armour) (5x5 one sorcerer here)
Full Command

12 Chosen Warriors (Halberd & Shields)
Full Command
Mark of Khorne

6 Chosen Knights
Full Command
Mark of Slaanesh

5 Marauder Horsemen (Flails & Throwing Axes)
Musician

Charriot

Charriot

Spawn

Spawn

2245pts

PD: 7
DD: 5 (+1 dispell scroll)

I still have the problem of having two characters inside one unit making alot of points vulnerable to panic. Maybe give mark of slaanesh to one sorcerer and putting him inside the knights unit?

yedee
08-06-2008, 18:47
;)
I still have the problem of having two characters inside one unit making alot of points vulnerable to panic. Maybe give mark of slaanesh to one sorcerer and putting him inside the knights unit?

That will create another juicy target for the enemy. Although they won't panic the are far easier to kill.

I would also be tempted to find some spare points to add a couple of marauders to each unit - the more the better!:)

Other than that is fine IMHO. Nice and interesting, have fun playing with it! ;)

The Old Scholar
08-06-2008, 18:53
Just a quick comment:
I think it awesome you chose to field so many marauders. You get high marks for style.

yedee
08-06-2008, 20:20
Just a quick comment:
I think it awesome you chose to field so many marauders. You get high marks for style.

Well, you got to have some core after all...:rolleyes: Yet, you are forced to choose either marauders or warriors - the later are simply worse...