PDA

View Full Version : Nurgle Chaos Warriors list (new WD edition)

Cyrush
07-06-2008, 12:19
Here is my first go at a Nurgle Warriors of Chaos list, I wanted to get in a battle standard bearer and maybe a Hellcannon but points were not permitting. One thing I noticed is the mark of Nurgle really adds up (150 pts!), which is kind of annoying as I took it mostly for the fluff and modelling opportunities. There are a few spare points so there is some spare capacity to play around with.

Lords

Exalted Sorcerer of Chaos 360 Points
Level 3 Wizard
Mark of Nurgle
Barded Chaos Steed
Chaos familiar
Dispel Scroll
Dispel scroll

Heroes

Exalted Champion of Chaos 170 Points
Halberd
Enchanted Shield
Mark of Nurgle
Daemonic Mount

Core

15 Warriors of Chaos 355 Points
Chosen
Shield
Champion
Musician
Standard Bearer
Warbanner
Mark of Nurgle

25 Marauders of Chaos 205 Points
Light armour
Shield
Chieftain
Musician
Standard Bearer

25 Marauders of Chaos 205 Points
Light armour
Shield
Chieftain
Musician
Standard Bearer

5 Warhounds of Chaos 30 Points

5 Warhounds of Chaos 30 Points

Special

5 Marauder Horsemen 81 Points
Throwing axes
Musician

Chariots of Chaos 120 Points
Mark of Nurgle

5 Knights of Chaos 200 Points
Musician
Standard Bearer
Mark of Nurgle

5 Knights of Chaos 200 Points
Musician
Standard Bearer
Mark of Nurgle

Total 1956
Models: 93
Deployments: 11
Power Dice: 6
Dispel Dice: 5 & 2 scrolls

So what are your opinions on how I can improve the list?

Neknoh
07-06-2008, 12:38
I would say add more Warriors to the Warrior unit. A fourth level to your Sorceror and you'd be set. I would wager dropping one Dispell Scroll in favour of the Armour of Damnation on your Exalted Sorceror (or the Gaze if it still costs 30 points, cannot remember atm).

I feel it's a rather solid list in general, especially if you place the sorceror and Exalted in a Marauder unit each, they'll turn your marauders immune to Fear which will be nice in itself. The reason I'd bulk the Warriors is that I'd very much like to see 18 Warriors in there, three ranks of six are better than three ranks of five, that's an extra two attacks coming at the enemy. If you really want to splurge, add Additional Handweapons to them as well, that's a 3+ save vs shooting, and either a 2+ save, 2 attacks in close combat, or a 4+ save 3 attacks in close combat. Add in the champion, and a frontage of 6 throws out 13 or 19 attacks.

Now, the Knights I like, one Chosen unit would be nice though to rack up some kills, remember, Fear outnumber is commulative, so if you combo-charge these into a unit (one flank, one front for instance), you'll be tossing out 15 strength 5 and 10 strength 4 attacks if you make one of these units Chosen, this should most certainly place your combined US of 20 in the upper hand, autobreaking the enemy.

The Chariot is a nice addition to deal with enemies who Always Strikes First, however, a single Chariot isn't really enough, I'd wager dropping it in favour of another unit of Marauder Horsemen with Flails and a Musician. You'd also shave another 19 points that way.

So, -1 chariot and +1 unit of 5 Marauder Horsemen with Flails and Musician = 1917 points. That means 83 points to spend.

Level on Sorceror = 35 points. Meaning we have 48 points left.

3 Warriors makes for 57 points
Chosen on a Knight unit makes for 50 points
Replacing a Scroll with a 30point magic item = 5 points
A third Warhound unit = 30 points, plus another 18 to add one Warhound to each of the, now 3, units = 48 points

And those are some of the options available to you

Cyrush
07-06-2008, 13:46
Thank you very much for such an in depth reply Neknoh, I will consider each of your suggestions carefully before deciding what to change. I forgot to put the mark of Nurgle on the chariot, but I will almost definitely remove it anyway due to cost.

One of the things I think my list lacks a little bit in is hitting power, so I'm swaying slightly towards upgrading the knights. The chariot will probably stay just as a threat to elves and to look cool (hope to do a nice conversion).

For the chosen warriors I am not sure of adding more to the unit as they are such a points sink already, but I will probably upgrade the sorcerer to level 4 if I find the spare points.

Again thank you for your reply; I'll update the list after I thought about it some more.

Neknoh
07-06-2008, 15:01
Chosen Warriors are way cheaper than they were in Hordes, I quite like the new groups of Warrior available to us.

A unit of 10 Chosen Warriors with Additional Handweapons and Shields costs 210 points, and you don't need much more than that to plonk the hurt down, a unit of 15 is nice, however, you will almost always want to field them in a 6 wide formation, meaning you've got 4 wounds untill you loose a rank on the fifth, which is nice, do consider giving them Additional Handweapons though.

It's 45 points to give Add. HW to the unit, which is yet another option for those 48 points still arround.

fubukii
08-06-2008, 13:02
i dont see the point of giving this character a halbred ifyou plan on using the Enchanted shield (you have to use magic items in cc)

Why not just give him the sword of might as well, still get a 1-2+ save (not sure if you get the mount bonus or not from the daemonic steed) in cc and the +1 str

Id drop the banners from the knight units to save some pts (5men with a banner isnt always a great idea)

Id probably suggest dropping the chosen upgrade to either swap it to the knights, or if you it frees enough points get another chariot or some other random upgrades.