PDA

View Full Version : Fliers in Units

Tuch
07-06-2008, 19:02
I know this sort of a stupid question but I can't seem to find the exact rule anywhere. Where does it say characters on flying mounts can't join units, specifically the Disc of Tzeentch?

I read all through Fliers in the BRB and only see the passage about characters being unable to join a unit of fliers. The section on monsters only state that monsters cannot join units unless as a mount.

Hell, the way I'm reading it the BRB doesn't even say your Dragon mounted Lord can't join the unit. Am I missing something, I mean I know they can't but where does it say this?

Loopstah
07-06-2008, 19:13
Page 72:

Characters & Units

Tuch
07-06-2008, 19:19
Thank you. It's so frustrating it is to know how the rule is but be unable to find it. Especially when you know you have read it before. Of course why i didn't look under characters is beyond me.

IronBrother
07-06-2008, 19:20
But the Blue Scribes can join units (RAW), as they are not on a flying mount, they have fly in their rules (one profile for the whole model, unlike U'zuhl when riding a juggernaut as it has a separate profile). Loopstah is right page 72.

Tarax
07-06-2008, 20:16
Characters who are able to fly by their own characteristics, ie they have the Fly special rule, can join units who themselves are not able to fly, as characters can never join units of flyers. p. 69

It's just one of those things where characters who can fly can join units except those who themselves can fly.