PDA

View Full Version : Daemonic Robes

lparigi34
07-06-2008, 22:05
Seen that before, serched it, could not find

How does it work?

1.- My priest with GW cannot wound a herald with it since I will roll 2+ to wound? or

2.- I roll normally and discard rolls of 2 and 3

theunwantedbeing
07-06-2008, 22:08
If you would normally require a 2+ to wound the daemon with the daemonic robes, then you would need a 3+ instead.

W0lf
07-06-2008, 22:09
The minimum you need to roll to wound is 3+.

This is a minimum.

If you would usually auto-wound or wound on a 2+ you wound on a 3+ instead.

Loopstah
07-06-2008, 23:35
If you would usually auto-wound or wound on a 2+ you wound on a 3+ instead.

Since you auto-wound i.e. automatically get the score needed to cause a wound, surely that means you automatically roll 3+ without needing to roll?

sulla
08-06-2008, 00:09
Since you auto-wound i.e. automatically get the score needed to cause a wound, surely that means you automatically roll 3+ without needing to roll?

I'd imagine so. Otherwise, the robes would also give you an unnanounced immunity to poison. IMO, it only refers to dice rolls. Anything that bypasses the dice roll also bypasses the robes.

lparigi34
08-06-2008, 00:46
Cool!

My Opponent was stating that the model with the robes was immune to all attacks that wound on better than 3+, meaning immune to cannonballs, almost any character with GW and so on..., imagine that.

I thought it was too beardy and thatīs whay I wanted confirmation.

Thanks a lot.

SolarHammer
08-06-2008, 01:48
Well, going by the Netlings/Dreadlance FAQ answer, when an "Automatically hit" and "only hit on X" item conflict you roll off to see which applies.

The matter at issue here is "Automatically wounded" and "only wounded on X," so there is no reason to think it would be any different.

Stupid, but will likely serve as a precedent here.

Loopstah
08-06-2008, 11:03
Well, going by the Netlings/Dreadlance FAQ answer, when an "Automatically hit" and "only hit on X" item conflict you roll off to see which applies.

The matter at issue here is "Automatically wounded" and "only wounded on X," so there is no reason to think it would be any different.

Stupid, but will likely serve as a precedent here.

True, but until it is FAQ'd there is no reason to take a ruling in a different army FAQ, relating to different items, and based on a different game mechanic to work on this combination. :D

WLBjork
08-06-2008, 18:04
The good old "Irresistable Force meets Immovable Object" situation.

In the case of 2 rules conflicting, it's always roll off to determine which rule takes precedence, until FAQ'd.

Lord Inquisitor
08-06-2008, 18:15
In the past, I'm pretty sure the precident that if something prevents you from wounding on better than a 3+ then even if you wound automatically you'd still need a 3+. Yes, this would also apply to poisoned attacks.

Going to have to try and see if I can dig up where I got that from.

T10
08-06-2008, 22:41
Most players immediately conclude that this effect means that the minimum score to wound derived from the chart (pp. 29 and 35) is amended to "3+" if the chart would indicate "2+".

There is nothing to suggest that the Daemonic Robes introduce another die roll. I know this sounds like an odd statement, but it is important, so bear with me.

Please notice that effects that automatically wounds the target do not require a roll to wound. The effect simply results in a loss of wounds. The spell Steal Soul and the wounds lost from instability are effects that clearly do not involve a roll to wound.

For the Daemonic Robes to come into affect against these wounds one would have to find out what roll (or other score) is involved. The casting roll? The Leadership test? To always come into play, the "better than 3+" has to be applied to a a factor that always is involved. No such factor exists. And we aren't prepared to introduce a new Daemonic Robes roll either (see above).

Simply put: The Daemonic Robes will not help against auto-wound effects.

-T10

Lord Inquisitor
08-06-2008, 23:39
The distinction here would be things that automatically cause a wound (steal soul, etc), and a hit that automatically wounds. I.e. something that ignores the to-wound roll would still have to roll on a 3+ (but a normal hit would make this roll anyway!). Something that automatically causes a wound wouldn't roll to wound in any case.

But thinking about it this may be specified in the item. There's something, somewhere, that states that hits cannot wound better than a X+, even hits that wound automatically, but I can't find it right now. Maybe I'm just going nuts.

theunwantedbeing
09-06-2008, 00:30
No doubt it'll be FAQ'ed to mean that things that auto-wound must roll to wound against the daemon.

Fulgrim's-Chosen
09-06-2008, 16:59
This seems only fair, as otherwise the Gift has only limited applications and so far, I am not seeing it taken very much AT ALL in any Daemon lists people are running. If GW buffs it just a bit, perhaps it will see more use ?