PDA

View Full Version : Tzeentch Vs Nurgle... Which list reigns supreem?!

][nquist0r
08-06-2008, 09:38
I have 2 Doombull lists that I would like opinions on. I am playing in the morning and wanna know which one I should use.

Nurgle Doombull List.

1 Doombull
Mark of Nurgle; Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield; Causes Fear
1 The Black Maul
Frenzy

1 Bray-Shaman
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Braystaff
Dispel Scroll

1 Bray-Shaman
Dispel Scroll

1 Bray-Shaman
1 Chaos Armor

4 Minotaurs of Nurgle
Mark of Nurgle; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Light Armour; Scaly Skin

4 Minotaurs of Nurgle
Mark of Nurgle; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Light Armour; Scaly Skin

3 Minotaurs of Nurgle

6 Tuskgor Chariots
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Chariot; Scythed Wheels

2 Chaos Giant
Causes Terror; Large Target; Stubborn

Points 2250.

Or.....
Tzeentch Doombull List

1 Doombull of Tzeentch
Mark of Tzeentch; Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield; Causes Fear
1 The Black Maul
Frenzy

1 Wargor of Tzeentch
Mark of Tzeentch; Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour
1 Enchanted Shield

1 Wargor of Tzeentch
Mark of Tzeentch; Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield
1 Pelt of the Dark Young

1 Wargor of Tzeentch
Mark of Tzeentch; Hand Weapon; Shield
1 Chaos Armor
1 Dispel Scroll

4 Tuskgor Chariots
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Chariot; Scythed Wheels

3 Minotaurs of Tzeentch
Mark of Tzeentch; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Light Armour

4 Minotaurs of Tzeentch

4 Minotaurs of Tzeentch

2 Chaos Giant
Mutant Monstrosity; Causes Terror; Large Target; Scaly Skin; Stubborn

Points 2250 Power Dice 13, Dispel Dice 6, 1 Dispel Scroll

I cant decide if 6 chariots is pushing :cheese:...

WhiteKnight
08-06-2008, 19:50
Alright here's my analysis:

Tzeentch is a solid army to use in the magic phase. You will have the magic phase dominated and you'll have a solid combat phase. I don't run tzeentch because I find the army way to predictable. Even the regional manager over here plays this army and dislikes it because its too easy top win with.

Nurgle is an army that you used to be able to win with against almost every army with marks of nurgle. Now it's just like "oh i'm immune to psychology so screw you fear causing pestigors. The strengths for units like minotaurs and Doombulls is that the doombull gets another wound and the minotaurs now have a 4+ armour save if you add light armour to them.

theunwantedbeing
08-06-2008, 20:05
List 2.
You forgot to put that the nurgle doombull has the mark of nurgle....so it's technically illegal.

Re-read the minotaur entry in the armylist for the rule that backs me up if you arent quite sure of that.

][nquist0r
09-06-2008, 01:35
opps... edited. Thanks theunwantedbeing. I have played a couple of games with the tzeentch list now. It seems to be a little more competitive having a half assed decent nuke spell (red fire) at 30 inches. Blue fire has paid off a bit too. I played a game with a friend that plays empire and it was an interesting game right up till turn 4 when I started loosing, but at least it wasnt due to bad luck or anything (the game could have went either way.) I couldnt manage to cast indigo fire on 3 dice in like 5 phases though, lol oh well. Another question I have is Monsterous mutation, or perhaps 2 more marked chariots for 15 power dice... I dont know what would earn more points in a game. I have found that to cast reliably red fire I need 2 dice, and most other 3. I guess having 20 power dice so 4 level 2 casters can cast 2 spells each power phase is a little out of reach... After all we arent vampires!