PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elf army list 2000pts

Macrus
08-06-2008, 17:29
The is my wood elf army list, that is for 2000pts.

Heros

Wood Elf Noble
-Wardancer Kindread
-Blades of Loec
140pts

Spellsinger
-Dispell scroll
-Dispell scrol
140pts

Wood Elf Noble
-Ethneral Kindread
-An Annoyance of Nettlings
-Gwthere's Horn
120pts

Core

Dryads
x8
96pts

Dryads
x8
96pts

Glade Guard
x10
120pts

Glade Guard
x10
120pts

Glade Riders
x5
-Musician
129pts

Special

Ethneral Guard
x19
-Musician
-Standard Bearer
-Guardian
258pts

Wardancer Troupe
x8
-Bladesinger
-Musician
165pts

Tree Kin
x3
-Tree Kin Elder
85pts

Rare

Treeman
285pts

Total=1489pts

So that means that I have 229pts left over, so what would you think I should do with these extra points.

Also what do you think about my army list.

Macrus

The Old Scholar
08-06-2008, 18:43
Consider another Spellsinger with any of the low-cost Arcane items and an additional dispel scroll. The Deepwood Sphere is nice.
Another note to mull over is exchanging the Lord choice you made. There is little difference between the Wardancer Lord and Wardancer Noble. You may think having the lord is more exciting, but compared to using a Level 4 mage who can cast Bear's Anger on himself or the very same Wardancer Noble, you suddenly open the game up to another level of fun. A Lord mage can also pick up the Wand of Wych Elm and grab a dispel scroll. Throw in another Level 1 mage with 2 dispel scrolls and you can defend against magic really well.
If you are absolutely married to the use of the Wardancer Lord and the heroes you chose, then I recommend the use of the Wild Riders of Kurnous. This is a must have unit. Best at flank charging, they can potentially ruin the bulk of an opponents army. Just be sure to soften their lines with those Glade Guard before charging with your Wild Riders.
Give a look at the Warhawks as well. Great for slowing your enemies march, harrying their lines, using hit-and-run, hunting warmachines, they are an all rounder that possesses great flexibility. Awesome models as well.
Good luck!

Macrus
09-06-2008, 12:04
If I put Wild Riders in my army then, dont I have to get rid of one of my special units. So what ever happens with my special units, should I spend the extra points on buying more Glade Riders.

Macrus

The Old Scholar
11-06-2008, 05:31
No, your Eternal Guard count as Core when led by a Highborn.
Look at the sidebar on page 55 marked by the "*".
Okay, have fun!

Bumble the Great
11-06-2008, 10:20
Consider another Spellsinger with any of the low-cost Arcane items and an additional dispel scroll. The Deepwood Sphere is nice.

Agreed this army is in definate need of another mage you need the magic defence to stop your small units getting nuked with magic missles belive me i found this out the hard way!

Grey Seer Skretch
11-06-2008, 10:40
Bumble speaks only lies!!! Apart from when he tells the truth...like he did just then...as Welfs, you desperately do need the defence against, most specificaly, peoples' magic missiles, as they can wipe out very expensive units with a 7+ casting spell quite regularly. Fear anything that does 2D6 hits at S3 or above, they'll make you cry in your beer...

I like the feel of this list though, it's nice to see some Eternal Guard and its interesting to see a welf army which looks like its going to present a solid battle-line (treeman, tree kin, eternals, very solid by comparison to my guerillas...) Could I perhaps recommend some scouts to do the duty as march-blockers etc. They can be amazingly useful...

Bumble the Great
11-06-2008, 10:55
Also you have no lord choice right? that treeman could become an ancient and you probably would still have enough points for a lvl with a scroll and some sprites on your big guy
just an idea.........