PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Chaos Warriors

yedee
08-06-2008, 20:32
Hey, that's the list am about to be playing 'till the new armybook comes out. Comments are welcome! ;)

Lord
dragon, mark of Tzeench, golden eye, sword of might, enchanted shield

Aspiring Champ
mark of Tzeench, shield, BSB, Banner of the Gods

Sorcerer
2x DS

Marauders 25
fcg, light armour, shield

Marauders 25

Marauders 25

Hellcanon

Marauder Horsemen 5
throwing axes, musician

Marauder Horsemen 5
throwing axes, musician

Chariot

Chariot

Total:

Im considering swaping the marauder horsemen for hounds (4 units/5 models each). Opinions?

Xzazzarai
08-06-2008, 23:17
Where can you find the new list if you don't have the WD? Can it be found on a website or something?

Zorlax7
09-06-2008, 04:12
Yes it can.

you can find it here:
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1520011_Warriors_of_Chaos.pdf

yedee
09-06-2008, 07:38
You can find it here (http://uk.games-workshop.com/hordesofchaos/armylist/1/).;)

yedee
09-06-2008, 21:18
Hey what's wrong with you people? Why no one comments? Is this army flawless or such a crap that's not worth a single word?:mad:

Time of Madness
10-06-2008, 02:01
Not really a big fan of the list. To make the new chaos lists work I think you really need to take advantage of the slaanesh/khorne marks (especially slaanesh). Right now the LD7 marauders can easily panic etc.

Take advantage of the cheaper knights/warriors as they have superior saves and LD.

I think I would run a Dragon lord with the crown of everlasting conquest (for regen) instead of the golden eye (but I guess that's a personal opinion).
Time of Madness

Conotor
10-06-2008, 02:30
Can't u use a lance instead of a sword of might? Thet would be cheeper and more powerfull.

Also, look into the magical chaos armor for your lord.

yedee
10-06-2008, 07:54
Thanks for the replies!

Sadly chaos lord has no lance at his disposal. :( He's got the chaos armour but i was thinking of swaping it for armour of damnation - i've got to think it over i guess.

25 marauders, especially with a lord within 12 inches are not that easy to panic - still it is possible but i hope it wont happen that often. In the fight they are stubborn on ld7 or ld8 (with a character) with a re-roll - this makes them capable of holding nearly anything until my chariot or dragon arrive.

I cant find any use for the warriors. They cost more so they cant grant me a high static CR (unless i take about 20 of them...:rolleyes:), they have only got +1T and +1AS - thats not really to much for the points. Thet cant hit hard as well with only 1A and if they are chosen they cost even more - therefore die first to missle fire and warmachines.

Everlasting conquest is too expensive and won't grant me any ward against shooting (and that's what i REALLY need). Once my lord is in combat (he can hopefully make it even through hail of fire:)) he has to kill anything or... die!:D

sipron
10-06-2008, 15:38
I would give the aspiring champion the mark of nurgle instead to make his unit immune to fear. I would also give him a chaos steed for some protection. Concerning the shield I don't know if you can use it. Usually bsbs can't use shields but since it isn't mentioned in the list i don't know. Personally I don't like the hellcannon, I think it costs to much. I agree with most people that it usually kills for more than it costs but the rest of the army get to small to do enough damage to the opponent. It simply gets much harder to get those imortant flank charges. I would put in some chosen knights instead (normal isn't good enough without a character and khorne isn't that good without a lot of screening units). Otherwise the the list looks good and keep the eye of tzeentch.

Xzazzarai: The list can be found here http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1520011_Warriors_of_Chaos.pdf