PDA

View Full Version : Wrath and Ruin questions

eleveninches
09-06-2008, 13:19
When an anvil does wrath and ruin, are the momvent values of any of the following effected:

1. Things with no fixed movement value (squigs, chaos spawn)
2. Ethereal units

Lordmonkey
09-06-2008, 13:47
Looking at the Dwarf book, but I can't see anything in Wrath & Ruin that affects movement, except if the target unit is forced to flee, in which case it flees half distance.

In the case of ethereal units, they would not be affected. Most (if not all) ethereal units are undead anyway and so would not flee.

In the case of squigs, i'm not sure. Do they ever flee?

Atrahasis
09-06-2008, 13:52
Looking at the Dwarf book, but I can't see anything in Wrath & Ruin that affects movement, except if the target unit is forced to flee, in which case it flees half distance.Look again.

Wrath and Ruin halves the movement characteristic. Since Squig Hopper's movement characteristic is determined by a dice roll, halve that dice roll.

Ethereal units are not slowed by anything.

Loopstah
09-06-2008, 13:54
The VC FAQ has stated that Ethereal troops would ignore the movement effect but would still suffer the damage. So it doesn't affect their movement.

Lordmonkey
09-06-2008, 13:56
Look again.

Ah yes, I see now :)

Wrath and Ruin halves the movement characteristic. Since Squig Hopper's movement characteristic is determined by a dice roll, halve that dice roll.

Ethereal units are not slowed by anything.

I agree with this.

eleveninches
10-06-2008, 12:42
But the squig hoppers movement is determined at the start of the opponants turn.
So, for example:

1. Enemy rolls an 12 for squig hoppers' movement in their turn.
2. I wrath and ruin it in my turn, reducing their movement to 6"
3. Squig hoppers movement is determined again, which overrules the movement value from the previous turn, so the anvil has no effect on its movement

Loopstah
10-06-2008, 12:50
3. Squig hoppers movement is determined again, which overrules the movement value from the previous turn, so the anvil has no effect on its movement

The effect lasts till the end of the opponents turn.

You roll for the squigs at the start of the turn.
The effect of Wrath and Ruin is still active.
You half whatever you roll.

DeathlessDraich
10-06-2008, 19:02
Wrath and Ruin cannot be applied sensibly to Squig hoppers.

It halves the movement *characteristic* which is 3D6 for Hoppers.

In addition, Squig hopper rules also state they *always* move the *full* 3D6.
Another dice roll decision.

They however flee at half tha value of 3D6 if affected by W&R.

EDIT: Units subjected to Stupidity are affected and the overall effect is their normal movement rate?

eleveninches
11-06-2008, 12:36
Wouldnt work on things effected by stupidity, as it only effects their movement charicteristic, not how far they move for failing stupidity

Loopstah
11-06-2008, 12:50
Wrath and Ruin cannot be applied sensibly to Squig hoppers.

It halves the movement *characteristic* which is 3D6 for Hoppers.

In that case it would be 3D3 wouldn't it?

Atrahasis
11-06-2008, 13:34
It halves the movement *characteristic* which is 3D6 for Hoppers.And half of that would be ((3D6)/2), sensibly.

In addition, Squig hopper rules also state they *always* move the *full* 3D6.Which is simply untrue - there are myriad situations where they move less.

Wouldnt work on things effected by stupidity, as it only effects their movement charicteristic, not how far they move for failing stupidityThey move half their movement forward. If their movement has already been halved, then they move half of that.

T10
11-06-2008, 16:37
In that case it would be 3D3 wouldn't it?

Why would you do this? Oh, I see. Your 1d3 is kind of 1d6 halved.

Ok, in that case I'll save time when using squighoppers and just move them 18" each turn: 3d1 x 6. Obviously, if 1d3 is half of 1d6 then 1d1 is 1/6th of 1d6, so I'll just first "divide" my dice by 6, roll three 1's and multiply by 6 again.

This "math" thing is awesome!

-T10

Loopstah
11-06-2008, 16:55
Why would you do this? Oh, I see. Your 1d3 is kind of 1d6 halved.

It makes as much sense as claiming you can't half the movement of squigs because their M is 3D6. ;)

Condottiere
11-06-2008, 19:01
If I understand this correctly, the discussion is whether the involuntary movement rate is halved? Due to Wrath and Ruin.