PDA

View Full Version : Daemonic Icons

Dark_Mage99
09-06-2008, 13:38
This issue was raised just now:

Can you actually take multiples of the same Daemonic Icon in a single army? The wording for Daemonic Gifts suggests as much, but nowhere under Icons does it say anything to this effect.

SPYDER68
09-06-2008, 14:01
Yes, you can take as many icons as you want due to they are not magic banners, but instead Daemonic icons.

Loopstah
09-06-2008, 14:42
Yes, you can take as many icons as you want due to they are not magic banners, but instead Daemonic icons.

I have to agree, currently you can take as many as you want of the same icon.

Hopefully they will fix this as well when they release the FAQ.

Dark_Mage99
09-06-2008, 15:22
But where does it say that they are not magic items?

LemonPotato
09-06-2008, 15:27
It doesn't say this anywhere, however it is assumed to be this way since it does state that they are magic items anywhere. You can take as many of one banner as you like.

LemonPotato

WLBjork
09-06-2008, 16:10
Try this thread (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143297&highlight=daemon+icon)

TheDarkDaff
10-06-2008, 09:18
I agree with other that they are not magic items but add the extra little bit that as they are bought as a unit upgrade you have to reveal them at the start of the battle (just like weapons and armour choices and if the Unit has a Champ/Mus/Standard).

ie. Magic banners aren't revealed because they are magic items were as Daemonic Icons have no such luck.

Lord Aries
10-06-2008, 14:49
Generally it is an accepted practice in tournaments to show your list to your opponent. So they generally know what banners and such you've taken, even if they don't know where they are.

Its a better practice to just both show what you have instead of trying to be sneaky....

Loopstah
10-06-2008, 14:53
Generally it is an accepted practice in tournaments to show your list to your opponent. So they generally know what banners and such you've taken, even if they don't know where they are.

Its a better practice to just both show what you have instead of trying to be sneaky....

Isn't that a bit of a give away though.

Some banners can only ever be taken on the BSB, some units can only take banners under a certain pts limit etc.

It wouldn't be that difficult to guess which units then have which banner, unless they are all a similar points value.

xragg
10-06-2008, 15:23
I have yet to show my list before a game at a tourney. I turn a list into the organizer and offer my list after the game, but never before the game. Sometimes people have offered me their list before a game, but I decline since I shouldnt know what magic items they have.

Red_Duke
10-06-2008, 17:42
Quite right - it would also make magical items that allow you to see what an opponent has somewhat pointless...

Ive yet to go to any Tournament where it was even offered ;)