PDA

View Full Version : Make a Space Marine Helmet!

Inquisitor Engel
23-10-2005, 19:45
http://cgi.ebay.com/Warhammer-40k-fullsize-Space-Marine-helmet-kit-RARE_W0QQitemZ8711956723QQcategoryZ44124QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

Came across this little gem on eBay. Interesting story.

Anyone else ever heard anything about it?

Lostanddamned
23-10-2005, 19:51
Hmmm He says:

...well I don't know what a "Warhammer" or what a "space marine" is so...

But the email address is
Hivemind147

The facts dont add up

And what sort of company makes a product, then asks for permission to sell it?

warlordgrubnatz
23-10-2005, 20:02
tht does happen. Aparently some advert companies often make adverts then ask if the company in question actualy wants one. Yeah that guy certainly is lying

This is a auction for a Warhammer 40k Space Marine mask

essential for any warhammer enthusiast.

...well I don't know what a "Warhammer" or what a "space marine" is so...

Shipping and packaging will be $8.50 to the 48 states.
Paypal Address stays the same: Hivemind147@excite.com

hmmmm...

igotsmeakabob!!
24-10-2005, 00:46
You people do of course know that he was being sarcrastic about "...well I don't know what a "Warhammer" or what a "space marine" is so...", right? .. or maybe YOU are the ones being sarcastic.. darn internet!

NakedFisherman
24-10-2005, 01:21
They've been on eBay for some time, I think. I wonder how many he actually has.

Kommie
24-10-2005, 01:33
Oh yeah, i heard about this a long time ago...
hes probably put them up for sale a couple of times now...
hah he still gives me some laughs reading how he describes it...

VanHel
24-10-2005, 04:03
I'll buy one when they're the beakies.

Son of Morkai
24-10-2005, 04:09
I'll buy one when they're the beakies.
Same here. Wow, that was a productive post... so, anyone have any good ideas about how to make a Mk 6 helmet?

nurgle_boy
24-10-2005, 07:37
well, you could grab one of those and stick a womble nose on it...

i thibnk its a bit off...

Son of Morkai
24-10-2005, 07:51
well, you could grab one of those and stick a womble nose on it...

i thibnk its a bit off...

I was thinking a faceless bike helmet (the kind with the full back) as a base, but I couldn't think of anything that would make the cone easily. Plasticard might do it... but there should be an easier solution. A little putty work to fill the gaps is expected, of course.

igotsmeakabob!!
24-10-2005, 07:51
My favorite helms are the beaks heh... but the black templar's crusader helms are making me think otherwise.. are they mk 4?

salty
24-10-2005, 08:21
If you have access to a vac former and have the necessary skills to make a solid helmet shape from wood or something similar, you could make hundreds of these.

Salty :)

Verergoca
24-10-2005, 09:59
If you have access to a vac former and have the necessary skills to make a solid helmet shape from wood or something similar, you could make hundreds of these.

Was thinking the same thing, has anyone seen the Mythbuster episode where they build a new Buster? It seems quite easy to do...

Tiberius Frost
24-10-2005, 11:04
I couldn't think of anything that would make the cone easily. Plasticard might do it....

I'd use foam rubber. Something like a foam topper pad that's normally sold in outdoors shops to sleep on.

Kimi
24-10-2005, 11:53

I think the guy has done just that. The shape of the plastic looks like it's done with one of those. I think I could make a modle for one easy if I had the tools (I used to use vac fomer at school in a technology course).

Inquisitor Engel
24-10-2005, 15:00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8713024161&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX

Check it out, what a trip! STAR SHARKS! It looks like the fist Dark Angels ever are on there too. SOme of this guys auctions are a real trip down memory lane.