PDA

View Full Version : Two 2k lists

==Me==
09-06-2008, 16:02
Greetings, mortals, ==Me== here.

Compared to Skaven, Daemons are a whole other animal. They're reliable, actually kill stuff, and are outnumbered about 4 to 1. The huge differences make building up an army very difficult, there's too many good units and not enough points. I think GW did a great job internally balancing the book if we can't make a definitive choice.

So, with that in mind, I've come up with 2 lists I'm quite happy with. So, tell ==Me== how wrong I am!

Lords/Heroes
Keeper of Secrets-level 4, Allure of Slaanesh, Siren Song
Herald of Tzeentch-BSB, Great Icon of Despair, Master of Sorcery, Winged Horror
Herald of Slaanesh-Siren Song

Core
Daemonettes-17, standard, musician, Banner of Ecstasy
Daemonettes-12, musician (or Bloodletters, it's a tough call)
Horrors-10, standard, Icon of Sorcery
Furies-5
Furies-5

Special
Flesh Hounds-5

Rare
Fiends-2

Total-1999
Models-60

This one is big on the Slaaneshi goodness. The Herald joins the big Daemonette unit and they run into a fight, while the smaller unit flanks or munches weaker troops. The HoT starts off in the Horrors, but then flits about behind battle lines providing a bubble of -2Ld and eating Dispel Dice with an appropriate lore (probably Tz for all the damaging spells). The Keeper runs up a flank, raping the enemy's Ld with the fantastic Slaanesh lore, also munching on heavy stuff the Daemonettes can't tackle. The Horrors cavort around, shooting off their magic missile to eat dispel dice. The Furies screen, march block, hunt war machines, take charges, or many other things. They're the daemonic equivalent of slaves and I love them. The Hounds flank or hit weak troops, favoring the tougher opponents. And the Fiends flank as well, or go after war machines/missile troops, Sopoforic Musk ftw.

Lords/Heroes
Lord of Change-level 4, Tzeentch's Will
Herald of Khorne-juggernaut, Armor of Khorne
Herald of Tzeentch-Master of Sorcery, Winged Horror
Herald of Slaanesh-Siren Song, Torment Blade

Core
Bloodletters-16, standard, musician
Daemonettes-12, musician, standard, Banner of Ecstasy
Horrors-10
Furies-5
Furies-5

Special
Seekers-5, standard, musician, Siren Standard

Rare
Fiends-3

Total-1995
Models-60

The biggest change is the addition of Khorney stuff and the LoC. The Changebringer will be flying about zapping people with the obscenely destructive Lore of Tzeentch, the re-rolls making him even more reliable. The HoK will run with the Bloodletters, the jugger giving him some needed resilience and the added versatility to jump out and catch something. The HoT will mimic the Lord, flying around zapping people (or buffing people, Bear's Anger+Herald of slaanesh?). The HoS will run with the Daemonettes, luring enemies in with the Siren Song and using the Banner of Ecstasy to hold them in place while everything else moves in for the kill, ideal for exceptionally killy/expensive units. The Horrors add more magical firepower, and a nice safe spot for their Herald. The Furies do their thing, as always. The Seekers can deal with war machines, missile troops, and weak enemies. Also, with the Siren standard, they can hold another enemy in place to get torn apart by the minions of the Blood God. The Fiends operate as before, flanking and causing trouble, though I may swap them for 4 Flamers and give the HoK the Firestorm Blade (or swap for Skulltaker) or add in the Icon of Sorcery.

Congratulations for making it this far, it's almost over I assure you.

So, which of these lists do you prefer and how would you improve either of them?

Thanks for any help, or even bothering to read it.