PDA

View Full Version : Daemonhunter allies?

right eye
09-06-2008, 18:34
Well im new to the hobby and was thinking of making a daemonhunter army, but was wondering whats the deal with their allies, so i can also take spacemarines, or ig with my army, and do they have to be ultra-marines or can i use any faction such as dark angles for example?

Lord_Squinty
09-06-2008, 18:58
You can have marines of any flavour as long as they're 'codex marines'
So, you could use Dark Angels paint jobs and models if you wanted, but the rules would come from the space marine codex, not the DA one.

rodmillard
10-06-2008, 13:46
You can have marines of any flavour as long as they're 'codex marines'
So, you could use Dark Angels paint jobs and models if you wanted, but the rules would come from the space marine codex, not the DA one.

Unless you use the army as dark angels/black templars/whatever with DH allies. This is usually the best way to go, as you can't take allied space marine units if your DH army includes grey knights. And, unlike WH, you don't really lose anything not being able to take DH heavy support, since everything except orbital barage and purgation squads is in the marines list anyway

ctsteel
11-06-2008, 10:33
the same as above applies to the guard allies, you can only use 'vanilla' entries from the codex, no doctrines etc.
But you can do the same thing as suggested above for the marines, and take a guard army with inq allies. It all depends on what units you want in particular to play with. Having some of each army is fun as you can mix it up with different parent army and allies for different games and try new things. It does of course mean collecting/painting elements from three different armies (four if you include witchhunters) :)