PDA

View Full Version : A sign of improvement?

Andyalloverdaplace
09-06-2008, 19:42
For those who haven't seen, a new round of FAQs were put up in the last few days, including Space Orks.

While I'm usually pretty cynical about GW and their future, I must say that I was quite impressed, both with the relative speed in addressing the issues, as well as the thoroughness and clarity with which they handled the matters.

Lets hope it's a sign of things to come. If there's any GW staffers reading, good show.

Templar Ben
09-06-2008, 20:19
They are not on the US page as of 2:30 Central.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=1000018&pIndex=2&aId=3400019&start=3
But it is good that some places have them. I hope GW quickly addresses all such issues. Good show GW. :D

IJW
09-06-2008, 20:22
The Ork one is quite... long. ;)

lanrak
09-06-2008, 20:24
Hi.
There is just the old FAQs on the UK web site.
Are these 'new faqs' based on the ones from the Dakka web site?

IJW
09-06-2008, 20:32
http://ca.games-workshop.com/whitedwarf/download/2006Errata/2006Erratta.htm

Yes, they credit Jon Regul again.

Kulgur
09-06-2008, 22:08
Nice to see confirmation on the Ork power klaw issue, infact their reasoning is the exact same reasoning that I thought of:)

cailus
10-06-2008, 03:42
The Ork one is quite... long. ;)

Mainly because GW didn't bother proof reading the initial codex. There are so many simple mistakes in that codex. It's amazing - you wait 10 years for a new codex and then they still can't get it right.

Andyalloverdaplace
10-06-2008, 16:15
Mainly because GW didn't bother proof reading the initial codex. There are so many simple mistakes in that codex. It's amazing - you wait 10 years for a new codex and then they still can't get it right.

I'm willing to give them a break on this, they got the FAQ out remarkably fast (for GW at least), and the clarifications manage to make sense and be pretty complete. I was certainly one who had a beef though when they brought out Frankenstein though (hey, he's big, he's mean, he's green, and he's cobbled together with glue, tape, and bolts, he could be the Mascot of the Ork Codex).

Templar Ben
10-06-2008, 17:29
Yeah. Good job GW

and Yakface.

Warboss Antoni
10-06-2008, 18:53
Yah, I'm glad the book clarified a lot of things.
We finally got rid of the cheap shots like your Nob can't take a shoota and a powerklaw or the 1 wound Biker Nob.
I'm also glad they did a thorough search, too. They seem to have gotten everything, and by the mention of Eternal Warrior ( a 5th Ed USR ) then it also seems it's ready for 5 th edition.

cailus
11-06-2008, 01:03
I'm willing to give them a break on this, they got the FAQ out remarkably fast (for GW at least), and the clarifications manage to make sense and be pretty complete. I was certainly one who had a beef though when they brought out Frankenstein though (hey, he's big, he's mean, he's green, and he's cobbled together with glue, tape, and bolts, he could be the Mascot of the Ork Codex).

There still should not have the amount of errors in the first place. I can understand clarifying unclear rules but they had to clarify several basic statistical entries and things as simple as wargear options.

After all I am paying money for a book so I expect some basic proof reading to be conducted prior to its release.

Andyalloverdaplace
11-06-2008, 23:18
Well, it has definitely increased my goodwill towards GW. As soon as they get around to making their Canadian prices reflect the Loonies arrival at parity, I'll be happy to start buying their products again.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
12-06-2008, 17:18
You'd have to wait for the global economy (ie the USA) to stabilise a bit more.

No sense making adjustment after adjustment is there. Hate to say it, but if US customers could get cheaper models in Canada, GW would lose money even with expansion in sales. Probably. I think. I don't actually know, nor do I have any real economic knowledge. I'd just expect that to be so.