Level 1
Book of Arkahn
Summon ghouls

Necromancer:
Corpse Cart with Balefire
Sceptre do Noirot
Gem of Blood
Raise Dead

Vampire: (floating for Helms Weaponskill)
Level 1
Helm of Commandment
Dread Knight
Ghoulkin

15x Skeletons w/spear and std
15x skeletons w/spear and std

14x ghouls with ghast (book vamp goes here)

Corpse Cart with Balefire

6x Black Knights. Full command with standard of Hellish Vigour.

5x Cairn wraiths

1999 points
10 PD
7 DD

The Vamp lord bolsters skeletons and uses Vanhels and Staff of Damnation to lend extra attacks to the skeletons. He is sturdy enough to run solo but can bunker down with a block of skeletons if need be.

Ghoul vamp with book runs the block of ghouls down a flank at full speed to hunt from the back side.

Helm vamp lends his WS as needed he also has the option of bunkering in the black knight unit.

Necro in cart and other cart hang with skeletons to provide ASF. Necro uses sceptre to create zombie redirectors.

Wraiths cover a flank and kill things.

Any critisism would be appreciated.

Vam2tic
10-06-2008, 07:03
I like the list but i would rather have the banner that gives u hatred on the black knights

Loopstah
10-06-2008, 13:47
It's risky giving your general the Stupid Hat. Especially if you're relying on him as your main caster.

Andrew Luke
10-06-2008, 14:59
Yeah, your anvils are gonna get walked over if you can't get enough raising on them. I'd give one of the vamps MotBA or maybe a power stone/black pariapt to get a few more dice in there. Your necro also needs a stone, you never want a caster to have to rely 100% on the pool to be able to get his spell off. Also, where is the BSB? :-D

jackson428
10-06-2008, 21:53
@Vam2tic: I like the Hellish Vigour banner as my knights will be flankers and not always near a vamp for marching.

@Loopstah: In my opinion failing a LD10 stupidity check once every 12 turns is worth the cheapness of the 4+ ward save.

@Andrew Luke: The skeleton units start weak but the raising potential and the non CC attacks I can get out of the staff and Vanhels makes them very potent. I could drop the gem of blood off the necro for a power stone but I like the gem to ward off a small amount of CR incase I put my cart in a bad position.

Thanous
11-06-2008, 16:44
You have one unit of Ghouls and two units of Skeles. Can you work in a Summon Skele's bloodline power on one of your vamps?

jackson428
11-06-2008, 19:07
@Thanous: My Lord is running Lord of the Dead (summon skeletons).