PDA

View Full Version : daemon army questions

Khorneflakes
10-06-2008, 00:09
hi guys and girls i need some questions sorted

1) seekers of slaanesh charge a unit of empire pistoliers, who elect to stand and shoot. they fail their fear test but out number the seekers, so what happens now? i said that they cant fire and have to change their reaction to hold and hit on 6s in close combat, is that correct?

2) one of my heralds of tzeentch cast off glean magic with ulilmate force ( unstoppable on double sixs ), and then went to cast off burning gaze but my opponent said he could dispel that, was that correct?

thats all at this stage thanks for your answers

theunwantedbeing
10-06-2008, 00:14
1. If the seekers had the siren standard, then the enemy could not stand and shoot...otherwise they can.

2. Glean magic works as follows.
7+ to cast on an opposing mage.
You then cast one of their spells at the basic power level...so, fiery blast is cast on an 8+
So your opponent does indeed get to try to dispel it.

Khorneflakes
10-06-2008, 06:12
thanks unwanted the seekers didnt have the banner, i was going to get it but didnt.
are you sure about that answer thou cos according to the book it says that if they had failed the test and their unit strength was lower their reaction is changed to flee,
so in my example they stand, miss their chance to fire and need 6s to hit in the close combat that follows is how we played it

Nurgling Chieftain
10-06-2008, 07:15
...if they had failed the test and their unit strength was lower their reaction is changed to flee...But their unit strength wasn't lower, so their reaction was not changed at all. They merely need 6's to hit in HtH. Their stand&shoot proceeds as normal!

sulla
10-06-2008, 07:24
thanks unwanted the seekers didnt have the banner, i was going to get it but didnt.
are you sure about that answer thou cos according to the book it says that if they had failed the test and their unit strength was lower their reaction is changed to flee,
so in my example they stand, miss their chance to fire and need 6s to hit in the close combat that follows is how we played it

Fear tests don't effect shooting. If you fail and are outnumbered, you flee. If you fail and aren't outnumbered, you hit on 6's in the first combat round, but your shooting is unnaffected (silly as it seems)... Best to buy the banner in the future.

Khorneflakes
10-06-2008, 07:57
might have too, thanks guys for your help