PDA

View Full Version : Empire Pistoleers

jpf1982
10-06-2008, 02:44
I remember something from the last edition of warhammer where pistoleers could fire into hand to hand on the charge. At least I think i remember it; it was many years ago. Is this rule still stated somewhere like in the core book or something because I'm reading the empire book and can't find anything as such stated. Anyone else know?

Lord Aries
10-06-2008, 02:58
no longer a rule, making pistoleers not nearly as good. Now they are a NON H2H unit.

kroq'gar
10-06-2008, 03:24
Pistoliers are brilliant- they lost fusillade (their HTH special rule) but gained 2x Multi shot. now they can march 16 with a free reform, and let ripe with 2x 5+ to hit against virtually anything (no move or range modifiers). The unit champ can fire with 4x shots (rpt pistol + a regular pistol). Also, they can now stand and shoot with terrific results against other light cav (always can stand and shoot).

I find them different, with different uses. Now they are to ride amongst the enemy march blocking and devestating the Rank and File.

jpf1982
10-06-2008, 11:28
But are they still worth it compared to outriders? I know the outriders can't move and shoot, but come on I mean in a unit of 5 your getting 15 shots and 24 inches where the pistoleers only have an 8" range.

kroq'gar
11-06-2008, 02:34
Easily worth it- they can get amongst the enemy- marchblocking, utalise the fast cav rules, and move and shoot with only one less shot than the outriders (and put in a unit champ with repeater pistol for a unit of 5 making 12 shots.).

I have 10 outriders, and 5 pistoliers. The outriders are increasingly used as pisoliers these days (they are SO much more versatile).