PDA

View Full Version : Power fists/Thunder hammers in 5th

Yarick Zan
10-06-2008, 06:18
Firstly if this has been gone over already please delete, if not I would like a discussion about it.

I don't know if this has been brought up before or not, but I had a chance to peruse the 5th edition book. I kind of like it, but I am not too excited. One thing that REALLY caught my eye, and it makes sense in a way was a rule regarding power fists and thunder hammers.

As loosely as I think I can reliably quote, it goes along the lines of "models with power fists and thunder hammers do not gain the extra attack for charging"

This means a lot to me, as a mainly non-imperial player. Makes my life a little bit nicer too, knowing I have one less power fist attack to deal with.

Now me being the devious loop hole finder I can be some times be, I realized if you interpreted this as RAW it means chain fists are unaffected. The rule didn't say anything about chain fists, or if it extended to other weapons such as the chain fist which has power fist qualities.

What do you guys think of this? I know it is tough me not having the rules right in front of me, but I want to know what everyone thinks. Personally I think it makes sense, as they are big heavy weapons that are a bit more clumsy.

starlight
10-06-2008, 06:23
Actually it was more like:

*If you want the second attack, you have to take an additional PF.*

Sort of balances the advantage with a heft cost premium.

However, personally one attack here or there does not game balance break. In short, it won't make any difference to me or my Thunder Hammer wielding nutters. :D

neophryte
10-06-2008, 06:24
I don't recall seeing that caveat for charging - I believed it only referred to the bonus for an extra close combat weapon, but I am not sure. I will try and check out tomorrow.

starlight
10-06-2008, 06:26
I also recall the lost bonus being for additional CCW, not Charging...

Yarick Zan
10-06-2008, 06:28
I also recall the lost bonus being for additional CCW, not Charging...

I think you have it a bit more right. I had something around 6 hours to get my memory a bit garbled so like I said, don't take me too reliably on it. I just know I saw something to that effect.

BrainFireBob
10-06-2008, 07:05
Depends on whether "chainfists count as a powerfist in all respects" is part of the chainfist description still.