PDA

View Full Version : High Elves Caledor 2k

Ronny
10-06-2008, 15:51
Hello fellow elvs:), i have made may core army but i have 227p left before my 2k army. What do i get ore do?

The Noble joins the 5DP and whit that hammer unit they do 4-9CR before any kill:evilgrin:

Prince
Lance & Shield, Star Dragon.
Armour of Caledor, Vambraces of Defence & The Amulet of Light.

Noble BSB
Lance, Dragon Armour & shield. Barded Elven Steed. Battel Banner.

Mage lv1, 2x Dispel Scroll.

10x Archers

10x Archers

2x Repeater Bolt Thrower

6x Dragon Princes

5x Dragon Princes, Musician & Standard Bearer (War Banner).

I have 227p left. What do i get for this list?

I have Silver Helms, Shadow Warriors, Sword Masters of Hoeth.

Andrew Luke
10-06-2008, 15:55
Another unit of archers and an Eagle. Or maybe a unit of White lions, though it might be a bit too small. You Hammers are plenty hard, you need a better anvil.

Ronny
10-06-2008, 17:09
I will not thake any anvil unit's. The plan is two adwanse on the enemy and to shot down any thing that's is afther the archers and BT. But a unit of 14 Sword Master whit Musician & Standard Bearer. I can take two protekt them.

The Old Scholar
11-06-2008, 05:26
Ronny, how do you plan on fielding the Dragon Princes?
I often find that the deployment phase of the game is the most crucial.
I've been working towards fielding more carefully because in the past I've lost games before a single die was rolled.
In a recent game, I had a unit of seven Dragon Princes and they were shot down by a gun-line before I had an opportunity to move. It was an idiot mistake on my part, but my Empire opponent had far more units than I did and waited for me to place most of my army before selecting key lines for his Handgunners.
Although I did win the game, the loss of the Dragon Princes proved rather demoralizing.
So back to my original question, How do you intend to field these rather strong, yet few in number Dragon Princes?
I think it rather sneaky to put such a high combat resolving combination in one unit, but it still could suffer from clever magic use and shooting--especially from armor piercing rounds!

Ronny
11-06-2008, 08:57
Well i will deploy the archers and BT first, But the DP
i was thinking at the flanks:). The Dragon will be behind any forest ore lage terain.

If i where to play agenst gun-line i have at least 6x terain on the table and hide ore move in it. I move the unit's in cover, dragon & DP. And hopfully some of my
archers and BT hade take out there cannons and BT by the 2nd and 3 round.

Sorry for my bad english:angel: