PDA

View Full Version : Trying to create the cheesist Empire 3k campaign army!

meermiester
10-06-2008, 15:36
Hi, i'm currently in the middle of a year long 3k campaign and have lost EVERY game ive played! True i'm a relatively new WFB player compared to the other guys in the campaign, but it may also be because they take extremely cheesy high elf and vampire army lists. One game i outnumbered the vampire counts player 4 to 1 and still got trounced (maybe due to the fact that he had a bloody dragon, and kept on respawning his units of blood knights).

We're planning to do a new campign next year so i'm gonna start building and painting my new army now. I really want to stick with Empire as i love the fluff, so if i put my current list up for inspection can someone rip it to shreads and help me create the cheesiest Empire list ever created?

Was thinking of an even more warrior priest based army to bump up my magical defence (one high elf player had about 16 power dice...). Yes and i've already bought a steam tank in preperation :-D!

Current list:

Lord
Arch Lector - Popemobile, Great Weapon, Hvy Armour

Heroes
Captain - Sword of Might, Shld, Full Plate, Barded Warhorse
Battle Wizard - Lv2, Lore of Death
Battle Wizard - Lv2, Lore of Heavens
Warrior Priest - 2 Warhammers, Hvy Armour
Warrior Priest - Shld, Hvy Armour

Core
Swordsmen (24) - Command, Free Company (5), Handgunners (5)
Swordsmen (24) - Command, Free Company (5), Handgunners (5)
Spearmen (24) - Command, Halberdiers (10)
Spearmen (24) - Command, Halberdiers (10)
Handgunners (10) - Marksman w/ Repeater Handgun
Knights (5) - Command
Flagellants (25)

Special
Greatswords (20) - Command
Inner Circle Knights (9) - Command, Standard of Arcane Warding
Pistoliers (5) - Outrider w/ Repeater Pistol
Great Cannon
Mortar

Rare
Helblaster

Any help will be appriciated greatly, i just want to stand a chance!

Meer

Eigilb
10-06-2008, 16:01
Where is the cheese, man?

There's no chesse man...

Aurellis
10-06-2008, 16:06
Just take as many Steam Tanks as you can fit, Karl Franz on Dragon, Arch Lector on War Alter, may be a Hellblaster Volley Gun or a Great Cannon and just fill the rest with Handgunners supported by Greatswords

I'm not an Empire player but i know the above units can be combined to make a NASTY list

_Lucian_
10-06-2008, 16:21
ye thats a balanced 3k list. Cheese would be popmobiles flanked by lots and lots of knights and a trio of steam tanks. A couple of pistoliers and cannons and there you go... a very nasty army

nasty_little_hobbit
10-06-2008, 17:26
I really like that list,lots of variety which seems to be lacking lately in most lists ive seen, although I think its the opposite for what your aiming for?

Like everyone else said to make it cheesy just add stank etc however I personally would try the list out and see how it does...
However only changes I would make would be maybe adding more magic items to your characters:im no expert on empire however I know you can get some pretty nice combos and especially at 3k you have room to get a few nice items. Even adding some scrolls or beefing up your arch lector and possibly one of the warrior priests might help, not sure what youd remove to get the points though.
Hobbit

Wolfmother
10-06-2008, 17:51
yer at 3k wack out karl franz arch lector on war alter all the cannons in the world and 3 steam tanks why mess about

Necromancer2
10-06-2008, 18:06
Archy
knights for core
and handgunners
cannons
ST's

meermiester
10-06-2008, 20:52
Well i just had another campaign game today and got actually pwned. Then again it was against an uber Techlis (is that how you spell his name) high elf army. Which had 3 core units... and maxed rare and heroes.... Which is bloody rediculous in a 3k army. Some other people were watching and you could see the looks of disgust as he flamed 2 whole units in the starting turn.

Anyway, I had as chat with him after and he gave me a couple of tips for empire. Namely warrior priests and greatswords (unbreakable prayer and re-roll hits with S4 yes please), and inner circle knights with warriors priest with the banner of dragon slaying. Oh and he did mention something about 3 steam tanks but thats a bit overkill in my opinion.

Yes I know my army list is balanced (and its really fun to play against a fair player) but these guys in my campaign are sick and wrong... and its just not fun to loose this badly!

meermiester
11-06-2008, 10:40
Ok had a bit of a think last night and realised i shouldn't drag myself to their level of power gaming! Although I have re-jigged my list a bit so i might have a chance:

Arch Lector - Popemobile, Hvy Armour, Hammer of Justice
Captain - Pegasus, Lance, Full Plate, Shield, Longbow, Casket of Sorcery
Lurthor Huss (becuase he's just a fear causing badass)
Warrior Priest - 2-hammers, Hvy Armour, Icon of Magnus (put in a unit of greatswords to deal with any fear causing units)
Wizard Lv1 - Dispel Scroll
Wizard Lv1 - Staff of Sorcery

Swordsmen (25) - Full Command, Halberdiers (10)
Swordsmen (25) - Full Command, Halberdiers (10)
Spearmen (25) - Full Command, Free Company (10)
Handgunners (10) - Marksman w/ Long Rifle (picks off any nasty wizards)
Handgunners (10) - Marksman w/ Long Rifle
Flagellant Warband (25)

Inner Circle Knights (9) - Full Command
Greatswords (24) - Full Command
Pistoliers (5) - Musician, Outrider w/ Repeater Pistol
Great Cannon
Great Cannon

Helblaster

Its not much of a detour from my original list, but takes away some of my vast numbers and gives me a bit of magical defence. Plus some decent magic items (that i sorely lacked). Including a flyer who goes around stealing other people's spells (or shooting them with a longbow, and supporting with rear charges)! I was thinking about having 2 pagasi but realise i needed the magical defence more.

Sarael
11-06-2008, 11:24
Kit out your characters, the Pope should have AoMI, VHS, can't remember what else...

A REALLY Cheesy 3k list goes something like this...

Pope, kitted
Karl, griffon
Mages, 2, one scroll caddie, the other with the arcane bound spell blaster item
War Priests w/ GWs. (Luthor even, if you like him) w/ some bound spell nastiness

5 cannons

3 Stanks

The rest are handgunners and crossbowmen, your choice. Maybe a flagellant block.

It's boring to play, and to play against, but no one doubts it's effectiveness. Just don't use Karl as a suicide engine: he's for zipping around your line preventing it from breaking, not for breaking their lines.

Asfaloth
11-06-2008, 14:14
Ok, I'll give it a try

670 Karl Franz on Dragon
320 Popemobile with AoMI, Mace of Hellstorm
115 Battle Wizard(I): Seal of Destruction
115 Battle Wizard(I): 2xDispel Scroll
139 Warrior Priest: Horse,heavy armour, Speculum
900 3xSteam Tanks
300 3xGreat Cannons
315 3x10Handgunner: Champ with Hochland
123 5 Knightly Order: Musician

Conkers
11-06-2008, 15:58
....Which had 3 core units... and maxed rare and heroes.... Which is bloody rediculous in a 3k army.

if that is true then that guy is using an illegal list. 3k games require 4+ core

The Red Scourge
12-06-2008, 07:46
if that is true then that guy is using an illegal list. 3k games require 4+ core

Nope. High Elves cheat A LOT! ;)

Ok, I'll give it a try

670 Karl Franz on Dragon
320 Popemobile with AoMI, Mace of Hellstorm
115 Battle Wizard(I): Seal of Destruction
115 Battle Wizard(I): 2xDispel Scroll
139 Warrior Priest: Horse,heavy armour, Speculum
900 3xSteam Tanks
300 3xGreat Cannons
315 3x10Handgunner: Champ with Hochland
123 5 Knightly Order: Musician

Don't do it man. You'll lose something more than the game, you'll lose your soul! yet if you do, then exchange hochlands for more handgunners, their BS just isn't good enough to do, what you want them to do.:cheese: