PDA

View Full Version : Malhandir?

Chaplain of Chaos
11-06-2008, 06:37
Why is it that Tyrions super legendary horse sucks more than other horses. He's exactly the same as other Elven Steeds except he doesn't give Tyrion a bonus to his armor save for barding.

I might not know what i'm talking about but that just seems bad.

Xyon
11-06-2008, 07:00
The only reason they mention the "barding" in the rules is because they wanted to keep the same model. For all rules purposes the barding doesn't exist, but Tyrion does get an armor bonus for being mounted on the horse. Which gives him a 0+ armor save, which is very nice in its own sense and barding would just be "meh".

Also, he has a 20" charge range because there no longer is "ilthmar barding" , so elves with barding get slowed down by an inch like other cavalry now.

In many ways, his horse got "better" than it was in 6th edition, because in 6th ed HE book, his horse counted as a monster and his barding gave a 5+ save to the horse, but the horse could be shot from under tyrion leaving him to walk the rest of the battle, this can no longer happen. Also his horse is S4 with 2 attacks, which is still nice.

You're just making mountains out of molehills, trust me, you're worrying over nothing.

DarthBinky
11-06-2008, 07:01
How do you figure that he "sucks more than other horses"? He's not "exactly the same" as other Elven steeds- I suggest taking a closer look at his statline compared to a ES's. He's quite a bit better, and unlike his previous incarnation, he can't be killed separately from Tyrion.

Chaplain of Chaos
11-06-2008, 07:27
was just wondering about that barding thing to be specfic. It just seemed an odd thing to point out.

So it's just saying.. the horse is wearing barding but it doesn't effect Tyrion.. because we didn't want to remake the model.

Xyon
11-06-2008, 07:54
yeah thats pretty much it.

decker_cky
11-06-2008, 08:19
Just think of the barding as being a part of Tyrion's magical armour and the world will spin correctly once again.

Condottiere
11-06-2008, 08:23
Nah, Malhandir works out fine for Tyrion, and with that range, can turn out to be a nasty surprise to someone not paying attention.

EvC
11-06-2008, 10:49
Oh noes, the lack of barding means he only gets a 0+ save rather than -1+ (+ Ward + Regen)! What a swizzle!!!

kroq'gar
12-06-2008, 03:44
The HE dragon's got armour on the model, but theres no light armour option!
The BFSP goblin boss has a squig on his base, but no addittional attacks!
Gorthor the beastlords charioteer is named but not a character!

The list is infinate. Obviously for simplicities sake they've taken the barding into account with with his armour's save.