PDA

View Full Version : HE Chariot Mage

Red_Lep
11-06-2008, 15:33
Has anyone ever used one of these? It would fit in my force but I don't know how well it would work.

Malorian
11-06-2008, 19:14
Unless you are going for a theme, there is no reason to put the mage in a chariot...

theunwantedbeing
11-06-2008, 19:20
You can be safe in the knowledge that no other HE player does it.
I say go for it.

fubukii
12-06-2008, 02:19
i did it in my high elf army just to have extra special choices. i just gave the mages scrolls. worst case scenario they either
A kill your scroll caddie who probably threw his scrolls already since magic phase is before comabt and shooting
B they shoot the chariot dead ( 85 pts oh noes!)

But i think the chariot mount far out weighs the cons.

Try a list with
4-5 units of dragon princes
2-3 tiranoc chariots
2-3 eagles
1-2 nobles on steed.
1-2 scroll caddies on chariots.
2 units of ten archers :)

You mya just like it i promise!

The Red Scourge
12-06-2008, 10:07
I'm gonna be an ally of 1000 pts of HE this weekend. This will be three mages in chariots.

I'll bring three Exalted Champions of Khorne on Juggers in a unit of 22 Warhounds along with 2 units of Marauder Horsemen.

We do expect to pwn the game.

BTW: We'll be fighting an unholy alliance of Dark Elves and Empire, so the elves have a somewhat decent excuse for their unexpected choice of allies ;)

Red_Lep
12-06-2008, 12:21
i did it in my high elf army just to have extra special choices. i just gave the mages scrolls. worst case scenario they either
A kill your scroll caddie who probably threw his scrolls already since magic phase is before comabt and shooting
B they shoot the chariot dead ( 85 pts oh noes!)

But i think the chariot mount far out weighs the cons.

Try a list with
4-5 units of dragon princes
2-3 tiranoc chariots
2-3 eagles
1-2 nobles on steed.
1-2 scroll caddies on chariots.
2 units of ten archers :)

You mya just like it i promise!

I was actually planning something kinda like that for my 1500 points, not sure how well it'll work but it looks fun.

Heroes- 680

Dragon Mage- 420
~Guardian Phoenix
~Silver Wand
~Level 2

Mage- 260
~Tiranic Chariot
~Ring of Fury
~Level 2
.................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
Core- 110

Archers(10)- 110
.................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
Special- 602

Ellyrian Reavers(5)- 112
~Musician
~Bows

Dragon Princes(6)- 235
~Standard Bearer
~Lion Standard
~Musician

3x Tiranoc Chariots- 85
Rare- 100

2x Great Eagle- 50
Total- 1492

I've been considering dropping the Reavers and a chariot to get a second unit of Dragon Princes, would that be a good idea?

fubukii
12-06-2008, 23:26
yea i think it would the dragon princes seem like the glue of the list per se, while the chariots are just there to help them out (small frontage enables awesome dual charges)

Marwynn
13-06-2008, 01:24
I intend to try it out in my 1500 list which is all about mobility and crashing into things at high velocities. It's a scroll caddy simply because I intend to get rid of as many truly harmful spells until I'm in combat. After that, well, one of us is gonna be dead.

The primary selling point of course is the US5.

Noble 222 points
Tiranoc Chariot
Reaver Bow, Dragon Armour, Halberd, Shield

Noble 163 points
Barded Steed
Lion Banner
BSB, Dragon Armour, Halberd, Shield

Mage 225 points
Tiranoc Chariot
2 x Dispel Scrolls

20 Spearmen 225 points
Full Command
War Banner

5 Ellyrian Reavers - 105 points
Spears and Bows

5 Ellyrian Reavers - 105 points
Spears and Bows

5 Dragon Princes - 185 points
Banner of Ellyrion

2 Tiranoc Chariots
2 Great Eagles

Total: 1500 points

Condottiere
13-06-2008, 08:07
I intend to try it out in my 1500 list which is all about mobility and crashing into things at high velocities. It's a scroll caddy simply because I intend to get rid of as many truly harmful spells until I'm in combat. After that, well, one of us is gonna be dead.

"Ohka" (Cherry Blossom) Yokosuka-MXY7 Model 11

Used by rather desperate Divine Wind pilots.