6 Flesh hounds (herald 3 here)
7 Flesh hounds with Karnak The Hound of vengance

5 Furies
5 Furies

10 Pink Horrors
10 Pink Horrors
10 Pink Horrors

2000pts even

The 3 heralds ride with the hounds till the furies can take care of war machines. The combo of herald and large dog sqaud allows them to break even full command full ranked units by hitting them on the nose. I am worried about march blockers and being flanked but otherwise I think this is very strong. Let me know.

blackjack
12-06-2008, 02:13
no comment?

DullMentalRacket
12-06-2008, 02:17
Herald of Khorne with

10 Pink Horrors
10 Pink Horrors
10 Pink Horrors

seems really odd...why not 3 units of bloodletters and you can look your opponent straight in the face.

blackjack
12-06-2008, 02:48
Because 2d6 dispel dice does not cut it. 5d6 and some ranged magic makes for alot better magic phase.

Also letters can't keep up with the rest of the list, with ranged attacks the horrors dont have to.

stampy
12-06-2008, 03:32
Too many flesh hounds. 2 Units are good, 3 units max. Karanak is not worth it. Swap the unit with Karanak in it for 3 bloodcrushers. These guys are awsome for their pts. They are fragile but once they get into combat they will kill all in their path

fubukii
12-06-2008, 03:41
id also suggest droppin karanak but in favor of furies. Maybe drop one herald for skulltaker?

blackjack
12-06-2008, 05:50
Thanks guys.

My reasoning for putting heralds with hounds is that crushers are
A. Too fragile, you get twice the wounds with hounds for the same cost.
B. You can't really afford enough of them to get "Look out sir!" for your heralds.

C. The double wide crusher bases means you can't get more than 3 crushers in on a 5 wide rank, with hounds you can get 6 hounds and 1 crusher in on the same 5 wide which means more attacks (though with less hate, less str6 and less killing blow which, I admit, does mean net fewer kills on the charge)

D. You get more unit strength per point with dogs 6 dogs and a crusher herald are Unit str 15 as opposed to 9 (12 if you run 4 crushers), Also every two wounds taken removes 2 unit strength as opposed to 3. This means that dogs and a herald can hit a 20 man unit and, depending on how hard the unit is, not be out numbered after the dead are removed. Out numbering the enemy with fear on your side is what it's all about.

The main cons to running hounds with Khorne heralds is that there is no nice locus bonus, and the herald slows the hounds down a bit.

Karnak is indeed probably a slight waste of points, (he can't be that bad at double the cost of a regular hound with double attacks and hate). But the theme of the army was supposed to be a wild hunt.

My Main worry with this army is being flanked. With so many huge unwieldly and slightly slow cavelry units. I

I may indeed remove Karnak and his pack for Flamers to run on my flanks and shoot up enemy light cav. I would also like slightly larger units of furies.

blackjack
13-06-2008, 03:13
So what do you think of this, better or worse?

10 Horrors
10 Horrors
10 Horrors

6 Flesh Hounds
6 Flesh Hounds
6 Flesh Hounds
6 Flesh Hounds

6 Furies
6 Furies
6 Furies

Herald of Korne
Armor of Korne