PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Forest 2250 pts

The Red Scourge
11-06-2008, 20:31
The fantasy army bar really needs a Wood Elf category, as this is a Wood Elf Army.

In fact its my first one after having had fun with heavy armored chaos knights, I really needed something totally different. Hope you have something good to add.

Highborn
Great Weapon, Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins, Amaranthine Brooch 246

Noble
Great Weapon, Helm of the Hunt, Hail of Doom Arrow 129

Spellsinger
Lvl 2, Calaingors Stave, Dispel Scroll 175

Branchwraith
Lvl 1, Cluster of Radiants, Annoyance of Netlings 165

Command 715

3 x 10 Glade @ 120 360

3 x 8 Dryads @ 96 288

1 x 4 Warhawk Riders 160

2 x 7 Wardancers w. Musician and Bladesinger @ 147 294

1 x 1 Treeman 285

1 x 6 Waywatchers 144

Rank&File 1531

Army Total 2246

The Highborn and Noble should go with the Wardancers to give them the extra punch – and some ranged threat. The Branchwraith of course should go with a group of dryads. And the Spellsinger should hide among the Glade Guard.

The waywatchers should hunt for warmachines – along with the warhawks, who should rearcharge/rank negate the enemy along with Dryads/Wardancers.

The treeman should stop any enemies advancing to fast to threaten the Glade Guard, and should of course get some help from the skirmishers.

What do you think? Any chance of success? Any ideas for tweaking the list?

OldMaster
11-06-2008, 21:15
Still no cavalry yet, but you'll buy that :P

- great weapons
+ kindreds, maybe Alter's. In that case, think about which Asrai is going to get one: Highborn: 5 shots instead of 4
Noble: will get a move of 9, don't scrap the GW in that case ;)

GW + Amber Pendant works well. They mostly don't expect that.
Also, look at these two magic items: Moonstone of the Hidden Ways and Deepwood Sphere. you can't use them simultaneusly with your Spellsinger, but putting the Sphere on the Singer and Stone... on someone else works pretty well.
See, the Stone can be used to seriously outmaneuvre an opponent. You lure him into a forest, you stand-&-shoot, you use the stone. He just remains in the Forest and did not have the time to strike at all... and, if your opponent was a bit soft with deployment, you could teleport your hero and maybe a small unit really close to the enemy. And you still may shoot!
Sphere is just awesome. Not only you can make re-rolls with your core spell, but also really surprise your opponent if he happened to be in the same wood you are in. Remember, you could always MOVE into a wood, the hits are inflicted in the Magic Phase.

well, can't say about your units much... maybe get rid of the third unit dryads so you could buy more juicy stuff. There are only two flanks, yet you have three units :)
Maybe get rid of the Branchwraith and add another Spell Singer....?
Or is it about the amount of models you have?

btw, it says this army is about Dark Elves >.>

northwoodDreamer
12-06-2008, 00:17
I'm really just going to echo some of OldMaster's advice.

Definitely make either one or both of your Highborn/Noble Alters. I like them with great weapons as it gives them the extra punch.

The Amber Pendant is most effective when playing HE as you should always be getting the charge with WE and if the combat lasts more than one turn you're more often than not in trouble.

Use your Wardancers and Dryads in conjunction in order to pull off dual charges and leave war machine hunting for the Warhawks and Alter heroes. You could either drop the third unit of Dryads or Annoyance of Netlings in order to free up space for an alter kindred or two.

The Red Scourge
12-06-2008, 07:56
So how about if I scrap a unit of Dryads. I could make both the Highborn and Noble Alters, and then make the Branchwraith into an extra Spellsinger?

- no problem with models except the cavalry and eagles.

DarthSte
12-06-2008, 07:59
Vigin Forest? I used to know a girl call Virginie Da Silva... That meant Virgin from the Forest...

Like the list though.

The Red Scourge
12-06-2008, 08:57
Vigin Forest? I used to know a girl call Virginie Da Silva... That meant Virgin from the Forest...

Like the list though.

Thanks. Would that be with the 3 Dryads or the 2 Alters though?

The name just seemed obvious for a first time woody army :angel:

OldMaster
12-06-2008, 11:55
So how about if I scrap a unit of Dryads. I could make both the Highborn and Noble Alters, and then make the Branchwraith into an extra Spellsinger?

- no problem with models except the cavalry and eagles.

Yeah, that'll be great ;)

northwoodDreamer
12-06-2008, 12:00

I you want to the extra dispel dice instead of the extra power dice (which you probably do), then keep the Branchwraith.

TheFroto
13-06-2008, 00:21
I always found dryads a pain but your list seems to use them quite well. Good luck with the list.