PDA

View Full Version : So Konrad just got cheesier.........

Disciple of Nagash
11-06-2008, 22:29
So was thinking of how to kill a treeman and this very cheesy if very risky combo come to light.

Konrad
Unit with Banner of Hellfire

So its already been confirmed that Redfury takes into account wounds caused by multiplcation effects such as the Waldenhof sword and in this case flaming attacks.

So working out the math to whats the the maximum possible damage he can do versus flammable targets

Base attacks = 5 hits, 5 wounds, 0 saves
The Sword x2 = 10 wounds
Flammable x2 = 20 wounds from base attacks

Konrad causes 20 wounds with his base attacks so gets 20 extra attacks:
Red Fury = 20 hits, 20 wounds, 0 saves
Sword x2 = 40 wounds
Flaming x2 = 80 wounds

Total: 100 wounds.:eek:

He's risky, he's uncontrollable, he can be beaten up by a Gobbo if he doesn't charge but he's the only character in warhammer I know of that has the potential to cause 100 wounds in one go.

Come here little treekin...........:evilgrin:

minionboy
11-06-2008, 22:39
Damn, you've found the only weakness in my unit of 33 Tree Kin! >:O

txamil
11-06-2008, 22:41
Damn, you've found the only weakness in my unit of 33 Tree Kin! >:O

That's why I run them in units of 34.

Stinkfoot
11-06-2008, 22:51
Well, though that certainly is a powerful combo I don't think that's quite how it would work. I would say a double-double counts as a triple (though this may not be in the rulebook), so he would only be able to do 60 wounds a round. Ridiculous, to be sure, but not quite as ridiculous.

minionboy
12-06-2008, 00:03
2 doubles is a quadruple. Flaming isn't one more sound, it's x2. No real point in arguing over it though, if this ever comes up, your opponent is using a unit of 20+ Treekin anyhow, haha.

Hmm... This would be a good way to dispose of a Tomb King though...

WhiteKnight
12-06-2008, 00:12
Dude, that is crazy against flammable targets. Charge into a unit of tomb guard (if they're flammable) and destroy them in one go.

Fideru
12-06-2008, 00:17
That's why I run them in units of 34.

Good thinking there!

Admiral Samuel Eden
12-06-2008, 05:32
80 wounds is mental, even 40 wounds is completely crazy.
The closest model to that as far as I know would be Crom the Conqueror with his special rules. I've seen him take out entire units simply from his attacks before. I just hope this combo doesn't catch on.

OldMaster
12-06-2008, 06:15
You'll never wound a Treekin that much.
And, this is getting really awesomly unrealistical.

madden
12-06-2008, 10:00
Plus the banner makes all attacks in the unit magical so his doubleing sword won't work if hes in the unit as the banner has prioity and can't be switched off(i think).

Jagosaja
12-06-2008, 10:30
Of course he will never inflict so many wounds, but each wound he actually does inflict gets multiplied so much that he will not need a lot of luck to devastate flammable multi-wound creatures.

Plus the banner makes all attacks in the unit magical so his doubleing sword won't work if hes in the unit as the banner has prioity and can't be switched off(i think).

I believe it stacks in this case, so everything is fine.

Spirit
12-06-2008, 11:59
Right, heres the flaw.

Konrad gets frenzy, the enemy (woof elf seeing as they are flammable) places a unit 9,10,11 or 12 inches form the skeletons.

Konrad must charge, skeletons cannot. Konrad leaves unit, wood elf flees, konrad gets shot. This is even more likely to happen with wood elves, seeing bainting and fleeing is something they excell at!

Its good but konrad isn't.

Chiron
12-06-2008, 12:10
Dude, that is crazy against flammable targets. Charge into a unit of tomb guard (if they're flammable) and destroy them in one go.

They arent

Disciple of Nagash
12-06-2008, 12:32
As mentioned this is no where near a good idea tactically due to Konrad's frenzy / stupidity but the fact that it is possible is still ridiculous. Even wounding with a couple of attacks will end up doing horrendous damage for such a low cost character.

And the effects of the banner stck on top of magic items so its still sound that way.

W0lf
12-06-2008, 12:42
Or the treekin use their greater movement and move through woods to charge and kill the T4 2 woud 5+ save hero.

vinny t
12-06-2008, 16:32
Or Konrad kills the tomb king, then has to pass a curse on leadership 6, if failed, unless the Tmb KIngs player rolls a 1, bye Konrad. Granted, he is crazy good, but against tomb Kings, sucide prince into him. He still only has 4 Toughness and a 5+ armor.

Bretonnian Lord
12-06-2008, 16:55
Wow... that's crazy! I doubt it would ever be used in an actual game... but if your opponent is using masses of treekin then why not? :D

100 wounds... and I thought my Bretonnian Lord doing 8 on the charge was pretty high.

Malorian
12-06-2008, 17:00
God I hate that character... he's like gambling... the possibility of him doing something amazing is there so he's tempting to take, and even if he's useless 9 games out of 10, if you do 100 wounds in that game you think he's worth it...

Repent all of you! Repent and change your ways!

minionboy
12-06-2008, 17:03
Right, heres the flaw.

Konrad gets frenzy, the enemy (woof elf seeing as they are flammable) places a unit 9,10,11 or 12 inches form the skeletons.

Konrad must charge, skeletons cannot. Konrad leaves unit, wood elf flees, konrad gets shot. This is even more likely to happen with wood elves, seeing bainting and fleeing is something they excell at!

Its good but konrad isn't.

You see, your problem is that you're playing against opponents that aren't functional idiots.

I do agree though, konrad is a waste of a hero slot.

winkypinky
12-06-2008, 17:55
Konrad
+ unit
+ banner
= many many many many many points.

DoW cannon.
=85 points.

Does the trick way more often then trying to chase down a M6 monster with a infantry block.

Disciple of Nagash
12-06-2008, 20:45
Oh I don't expect anyone to seriously use him in this particular way (against ogres you is highly effective though) but I was still amazed to find this actual combo was *possible*

OldMaster
12-06-2008, 21:02
It's still very unrealistical. How could he ever gain additional attacks because of his sword rending more then normally and because of seeing those trees burning? :\

Jagosaja
12-06-2008, 22:01
Well, it is not the question if he will ever score those 100 wounds, or will he ever get the chance. The very idea of someone outputing such damage is fantastic. Don't laugh at the odds whether it will happen - worship the possibility of 100 wounds instead!

Gilbo22
14-06-2008, 00:20
Thats crazy..

minionboy
14-06-2008, 00:28
He could totally be in a duel with a Branchwraith, Treekin champion or Treeman Ancient. Wont make much of a difference with the ancient, but think of the overkill with the Branchwraith or treekin. :O

DarknessDawns
15-06-2008, 08:52
the thing is those wounds arnt spread out like shooting so you need to spread each attack on each individual treekin if you get what i mean

g0ddy
16-06-2008, 21:26
Technically... He would do more like.. 60 wounds... a single attack, assuming it hits and wounds a tree-kin would slay him.. netting 3 more attacks.. in total you could kill 20 treekin (5x3 =15.. 5+15=20) for a total of 60 wounds.

For the sake of arguement.. how about a mounted vampire lord with a frost blade/redfury combo... being charged on all sides by 5 giants... and a truly massive unit of ogre bulls (while having a corpse cart nearby making him ASF of course).... He slays 4 of the 5 giants.. gaining an additional 24 attacks.. killing the 5th giant and 23 ogres - thereby totaling 99 wounds in one round...

(EDIT : forgot his nightmare... can round that out to 100 wounds.)

~ zilla

kyussinchains
17-06-2008, 11:14
The closest model to that as far as I know would be Crom the Conqueror with his special rules. I've seen him take out entire units simply from his attacks before. I just hope this combo doesn't catch on.

don't want to threadjack here, but crom's special unstoppable attack rule only works in challenges...

The Red Scourge
17-06-2008, 15:17
Well, though that certainly is a powerful combo I don't think that's quite how it would work. I would say a double-double counts as a triple (though this may not be in the rulebook), so he would only be able to do 60 wounds a round. Ridiculous, to be sure, but not quite as ridiculous.

Dude, you're not playing D20 here.

And really does it really matter? Its just a combination, which is a bit on the far side :rolleyes:

Lugburz
17-06-2008, 16:50
But I think a FAQ stated that if you double a double, it becomes 3x instead. I also believe it was followed by an "don't ask, that's the way it is". But I could be mixing it with an Magic the Gathering FAQ :p.

Anyway, it's still nasty.

moose
17-06-2008, 17:14
However awesome that is, a bone giant can still cause an infinite amount of wounds with the unstoppable assault rules.

Beat that you vampire ****s!

I'll be steering my flammable tomg king/prince away from the nasty krom then in future!

Dragon Prince of Caledor
17-06-2008, 23:54
That is insane.... Sucks to be flammable!