PDA

View Full Version : This is a mistake right?

samael
24-10-2005, 06:52
I'm trying to get some more stuff to "flesh" out my Nurgle deamonic legion.

nowI get to the payment part and I get to see this:

Payment Details
Below is a summary of your order.

Total 47.00
Shipping 48.00
Grand Total 95.00

Have I missed some important message or has someone gone insane since the last time I placed an order?

Sikkukkut
24-10-2005, 07:29
Could be some sort of new mail-order savagery, or it could be a mail-order mistake. Aim the same question at them as you did at us, politely but firmly pointing out that you think there has been an error, and see what they say. If they try and tell you that really is the price you should be able to cancel the order.

Let us know how it goes.

Apple Dave
24-10-2005, 08:02
I think its just part of some new mail order price hike to get more money, i mean when i brought my GD ticket it cost £4 shipping, £4 shipping for a ticket for god sake.

But if there hasn't been an error just see if your local shop can order it in, my IS (independant stockist) ordered me the Hero's of Helms Deep boxset, i think at the time it cost £15 and for my IS to order it i had to pay £2.50 extra, im not sure why but the costs are always slightly lower if i order through them.

Gaebriel
24-10-2005, 08:14
Hmm, seems you ordered something weighing 6 kg, considering GW UKs international shipping fees. That would be ~12 metal Dreadnoughts. For 47? :p

samael
24-10-2005, 08:18
Could be some sort of new mail-order savagery, or it could be a mail-order mistake. Aim the same question at them as you did at us, politely but firmly pointing out that you think there has been an error, and see what they say. If they try and tell you that really is the price you should be able to cancel the order.

Let us know how it goes.

I didn't order, I spotted the price just before I pushed the last button.

I would ask them if it's a mistake , but we're not allowed to mail them anymore :mad: and to spend more cash on an international call is just not on.

imthedci
24-10-2005, 13:54
I would ask them if it's a mistake , but we're not allowed to mail them anymore :mad:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Um, why not? Does mail order have a set number of times your allowed to email them??

Jedi152
24-10-2005, 14:08
No they have actually retracted the email address.

The only way to contact them now is by phone.

Sai-Lauren
24-10-2005, 14:47
No they have actually retracted the email address.

The only way to contact them now is by phone.
Not quite...

Under contact us on the uk webpage is an email form with the following text:-

Please Note: Due to the number of emails we receive, we will not be able to respond to any hobby, gaming or rules enquiries. Instead, this form can be used to report any errors on the site, technical difficulties you may be experiencing and, of course, any suggestions you might have for articles we can publish on the site in the future.
I'd say this is an error on the site personally, it's certainly not hobby, gaming or rules related.

samael
24-10-2005, 15:12
I'd say this is an error on the site personally, it's certainly not hobby, gaming or rules related.

I've just given it a try, now lets see what happens.

rkunisch
24-10-2005, 16:17
I had some success with the mail-address orders@games-workshop.co.uk (mailto:orders@games-workshop.co.uk) when I complained about a faulty shipment. The other alternative would be a fax. Not as cheap as a mail, but it keeps the phone costs down to a minimum.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Niibl
24-10-2005, 18:14
I tried to order a WD backissue from the US and shipping should cost me $66,00 due to their mega super premium UPS delivery service.
GW UK once sent me an armydeal via the swiss so that I should pay tax allthough it was an Europe to Europe delivery.
In both cases GW stated there was no other option due to their delivery contracts (UPS / swiss post).
So the amount might be ok (in their way to see things).

Mr Tiddles
25-10-2005, 08:01
As you are in the Netherlands (part of Norther Europe in GW's structure) you could give nemo@games-workshop.co.uk a try.