PDA

View Full Version : Sorceress on Cold One

minionboy
12-06-2008, 00:10
So is it just me, or is this a gigantic waste of points? I love the new model and plan on getting it, but damn, I'm paying to give my sorceress stupidity!

Is it just me, or am I missing something?

Fallen401
12-06-2008, 03:49
I agree that the new model looks a bit better than the old one but i would never put one in a cold one unit. I've tried it before and lost 2 turns of magic to stupidity and then was in combat.

Cold Ones are looking to get into combat, i dont think you would want that pricey spell caster up in the front lines and if you put her in a blocked unit i know i wouldn't want them being unable to manouver because of the dino in the front row.

IMO either keep her close to the general or else drop the cold one mount

sulla
12-06-2008, 06:29
The only reason you should ever field a sorceress on a cold one is if you fail a stupidity test while making up your army.

The only reason GW provide a sorceress on a cold one (IMO) is that is it cheaper than designing a dark elf steed for her. Mine all ride the leftover elven steeds from a friend's Lion chariots.

decker_cky
12-06-2008, 06:53
Use her cold one as the replacement of one of your chariots' steeds, then steal a dark steed from wherever.

Limenix
12-06-2008, 11:37
I never did understand why GW made this model.
I have never seen a sorceress be deployed on a cold one
nor would i do this myself.