PDA

View Full Version : Khorn, why have you left me with no DD?

Pooky
12-06-2008, 03:17
So I've played my Khorne Warrior army using the rules in the new White Dwarf. Now that my army does not gernerate DD for each marked unit I found that I was totally slapped by magic. So I'm just throwing this out there, since I play a Khorne themed army (and hence have no spell casters and DD) is it possible to not be smashed by enemy magic? I'm sure in the past people would have said about now "use fast cav to hit the lone wizard/ spell caster" but now that I don't have Furies, that's a little hard.

So, any thoughts?

fubukii
12-06-2008, 03:22
taking 1-2 scroll caddies like every other army seems like the best answer.

With your units becoming cheaper it should give you the needed points to do that

Zorlax7
12-06-2008, 04:46
In the current set of rules there is no restriction on what marks you can take.

Therefore, if your gen. has MoK, you can still take other marks on your units and even have spell casters in your army.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: You still can not mix a marked Character with a different marked unit.

OldMaster
12-06-2008, 07:08
My friend, Chaos is dead 'till November.
Khorne with caddies.. .that means wizards!! Heretic!!

Well I hope Phil makes something with it... or, you could just completely ignore that list and use your old book instead.

sulla
12-06-2008, 07:27
3 10's of horrors for support. Or 2 and a herald with a scroll.

OldMaster
12-06-2008, 07:29
^ no Deamons may included anymore.

fubukii
12-06-2008, 07:56
just convert some cool capture sorc models. have them locked in a cage or something, forced to be slaves of the blood god! could be a cool idea?

OldMaster
12-06-2008, 07:59
Khorne just hates using magic for winning combats.
Nah, then i just use undivided Socerers.. Savage Orcs are not that reliable :P

mav1971
12-06-2008, 15:19
I have a converted undivided sorcerer as a scroll caddy for my khorne army. He's an old flagellant model with chains attached to his wrists and ankles and his eyes gouged out.

Mercules
12-06-2008, 16:35
You could use the Daemon Host models from the WH:40k Grey Knights line. Use one of them as a level 1 Undivided Sorcerer with two scrolls giving you an extra dispel die and the scrolls to help until the new book comes out. Or you could use both of them.

Dominatrix
12-06-2008, 18:05
So I've played my Khorne Warrior army using the rules in the new White Dwarf. Now that my army does not gernerate DD for each marked unit I found that I was totally slapped by magic. So I'm just throwing this out there, since I play a Khorne themed army (and hence have no spell casters and DD) is it possible to not be smashed by enemy magic? I'm sure in the past people would have said about now "use fast cav to hit the lone wizard/ spell caster" but now that I don't have Furies, that's a little hard.

So, any thoughts?

Screw fluff it is sooooo 6th edition. :D Khorne has to take scroll caddies just like all the other kiddies nowadays. You might not like it but I am sure some piece of crap fluff will be written in the 7th edition mortal book telling us that khorne doesn't hate wizards after all, in fact they are best friends!

minionboy
12-06-2008, 18:08
Khorne hates magic so he will not bless a sorcerer, however, I don't think he'd have any problem beating one up until he promises to defend Khornes army from magic.

Your Mum Rang
12-06-2008, 18:23
I think an enslaved sorceror is excellent!

OldMaster
12-06-2008, 22:59
You could use the Daemon Host models from the WH:40k Grey Knights line. Use one of them as a level 1 Undivided Sorcerer with two scrolls giving you an extra dispel die and the scrolls to help until the new book comes out. Or you could use both of them.

That's great! a Host is actually exactly the level of meanieness I am going for.

theunwantedbeing
12-06-2008, 23:05
Khorne hates weakness....the only thing weaker than being a sorcerer is needing magical protection because you are too weak to not die against a sorcerer.

Hawkmoon
13-06-2008, 00:27
Do what I do.

Keep using the HoC army book and throw that piece of s@#! hold you over list in the bin!

I'll wait until a real book comes out thank you.

(to the Dev team) Get your arses outta the pub and get back to work ya slackers! :mad:

fubukii
13-06-2008, 00:28
well they arent weak because they are bullying the lowly mage to stop magic!

they are being the big bullys at the bus stop!

very khorne like imo

Dalhara
13-06-2008, 01:38
I agree with the captured sorcerer idea, its fun :D

Personally I think a sorcerer crucified on a nice big brass khorne rune on a big pole and surrounded by skulls would be an awesome centerpiece and a fun addition to the army

from a fluff perspective perhaps the sorcerer isn't intentionally disrupting enemy magic at all, perhaps the torture and horror the Khornate army has subjected him to for his pitiful reliance on magics has cause his mind to fracture and energy lashes out of him throwing the winds of magic int he area into turmoil making it more difficult for wizards in the area to cast spells

in game play terms a dispel scroll could be explained as a particularly nasty spasm of pain causing a massive temporary distortion in the winds of magic dispelling w.e magic was being worked at the time, dispel dice are just an extra effect of his presence on the field disrupting the winds as mentioned, and for extra fluff during game don't cast any spells with him and place him in a fluffy looking position for a sacrifice victim and don't move him the entire game.

Dominatrix
13-06-2008, 09:11
I guess it is true what they say you can use "fluff" to justify anything... :rolleyes:

W0lf
13-06-2008, 11:57
Use the old list.

The design team are retards.

Oh and ignore everyone who tells you to go against your theme. GW have taken away a viable list... why? **** knows.

Hawkmoon
13-06-2008, 12:55
I guess it is true what they say you can use "fluff" to justify anything... :rolleyes:

Considering that the words "fluff" and "fluffy" are also used to describe passing gas does this really surprise you?

Rather appropriate words when you consider how the dev team has disregarded over 20 years of solid BACKGROUND to simply sell more models!

][nquist0r
14-06-2008, 01:38
Its cause you mispelled his name. He hates that. (You know, along with everything else...)