PDA

View Full Version : Pure Slaanesh - 2250 pts

WalkerShado
12-06-2008, 14:51
Be easy on me, its a first list for this army.
-Each herald will go in a unit of Daemonettes.
-Each unit of Daemonettes will be 6 wide, 3 ranks deep.

If you can't tell, I'm using Slaanesh's Sacred number of 6 a lot in this list.

-------

Lord:

Keeper of Secrets
-Level 3 Wizard
-Allure of Slaanesh
-Daemonic Robes
-Enrapturing Gaze
-Torment Blade

Heroes:

Herald of Slaanesh
-Battle Standard Bearer
--Great Icon of Despair
-Level 1 Wizard
-Allure of Slaanesh

Herald of Slaanesh
-Level 1 Wizard
-Allure of Slaanesh

Herald of Slaanesh
-Level 1 Wizard
-Allure of Slaanesh

Core:

Daemonettes x17
-Champion
-Banner
-Musician

Daemonettes x17
-Champion
-Banner
-Musician

Daemonettes x17
-Champion
-Banner
-Musician

Rare:

Fiends of Slaanesh x3

Fiends of Slaanesh x3

OldMaster
12-06-2008, 14:58
What the hell is the matter with all those 2250 points nowadays? : |
They are handy, though.

More Seekers. Less Fiends.
Use two units of two Fiends as flankers at least. Or just two units of one for warmachine hunting.
Seekers can have that Siren standart = handy.

You will be a bit outgunned in the magic phase. Just a bit.
Phantasmagoria + GioD = your opponent flees.

Afraid of cannons? :\ Deamonic Robes is a waste, I think.

WalkerShado
12-06-2008, 15:26
Well, You just can't get any seekers at the moment...
No one sells them... and on Ebay, people are charing outrageous amounts for them.

You have a good point on the Daemonic Robes... Would you suggest Soporific musk instead?

==Me==
12-06-2008, 17:07
I'm going to agree with oldmaster, Fiends good, Seekers better. As for lack of models, that gves you free reign to convert. Try daemonettes riding converted horsies, half-snake Daemonettes, boobworms, Centaur-nettes, or just something excessive and covered in leather/bewbies. Seekers with the Siren standard is the best way to handle weaker troops or set up flank charges to make up for your lack of armor handling ability.

You can shave points by leaving out the unit Champions, 1 extra attack isn't worth a whole Daemonette.

Also, try to include some Siren Songs in your Heralds and/or Keeper. It's a great ability for pulling the enemy out of position to block his friends, disrupt his movement, or open up a juicy flank. You can go for Siren Song and Torment Blade to keep the Heralds safe and add an extra attack.

Your Keeper should be ok without Robes, M10 will keep him/her/it away from things like Cannons, and you can spend those points on Sopoforic Musk or Siren Song.

Consider the Banner of Ecstasy, it's good insurance if you lose an assault and don't want your Daemonettes crumbling. Works well in concert with Siren Song to expose a big basket of VPs to flank/rear charge.

Furies are excellent. They fly, they come in small units, they can handle weaker enemies in a fight, they fly, and also they fly. Use them to march block, hunt war machines, screen your daemonettes, take charges and send chargers away, catch fleeing enemies (which you'll have plenty of with all that Ld annihilation). Extremely versatile Core unit every daemon army shouldn't go without.

Your biggest problem will be armored targets, S3 and AP won't get you very far against Dwarfs. The Keeper can only kill so much and even Dwarfs might stick around with their high Ld. You'll either need a more can openers (not much Slaanesh has for that, mmm Flesh Hounds!) or a way to disrupt his lines and force them into fights where they aren't doing their job (killing Furies far from your army) or will be going at very bad odds (flanked, reared, Keeper). Slaanesh is fragile and doesn't hit hard, use your speed and disruption abilities to get the W, otherwise you're better off with Bloodletters.